Skins - Should the current ones really cost ingame currency?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes I have. I also don't see the point you're trying to make. Just because Warband's multiplayer had zero progression whereas Bannerlord has an entirely cosmetic progression system does not in any way mean Bannerlord is doing things 'wrong' as you forum kiddies like to view it.
Warband didn't have class system, each faction had unique weapons and clothings. It also had custom servers, where you could add the same cosmetics without any grinding. You'll be able to add the same cosmetics if custom servers ever become a thing for bannerlord. What's the point then?

This may have something to do with the fact they are different factions. This really should not need to be explained to any reasonable individual.
Doesn't change the fact that identical art assets have redundant entries in the loot shop.

They could've easily had the pauldron cape be a multi-faction item like the Battanian ninja hood (shared by Battanian Ranger and Imperial Recruit), or the hide armor that's shared between the Aserai jawwal and Khuzait nomad.

Yes I have. I also don't see the point you're trying to make. Just because Warband's multiplayer had zero progression whereas Bannerlord has an entirely cosmetic progression system does not in any way mean Bannerlord is doing things 'wrong' as you forum kiddies like to view it.
So you are happy with something that was free before, to be grinded for and potentially cost real money down the line with the new version? How many hours would it take to grind 300 ingame gold just to unlock something that was free in the previous game and is free in the Single Player part of this game - for a game you paid for (this is not free like Fortnite)?

Apparently this is progression...you are the perfect victim for their s****y scheme - and you defend them for it lmao. But hey what do i know, I'm just a "Kiddie".

I have around 1700 hours in the game, much of this is singleplayer, and much of it is online play before any loot system was introduced. If I had to make an estimate, I've played less than 200 hours with the loot system ingame, and in this relatively small amount of time, I've spent over 15k loot on various cosmetic items and have never felt the system is not 'engaging' or unwilling to compensate players who are a high level already seeing as you were given a loot bonus based on your level when the system was introduced.
Their reward was 1000 loot for 100 levels lol. Pathetic.

Also 15k / 200 is 75 loot per hour. Absolutely amazing

@VicbossOG It's good to hear you have found more interest to multiplayer thanks to loot system, but for me it's quite opposite. I've always despised in game currencies in games, simply because it encourages unnecessary grinding. It works for certain games that have interesting game mechanics and features. Bannerlord is not that game. It currently feels like everything revolves around loot and badges and every time match finishes and throws me back to menu and awards me all this arbitrary stuff, it makes me think: "Is this why I'm playing this?". Loot in Bannerlord is a gimmick that doesn't improve or enhance gameplay anyway.

Last edited:
Allow players to have full access to a customization system from the get go, so they don't look like bots on the battlefield ?
Force players to play countless hours to even have the slightest customization and call it "progression" ✅

I dont mind to pay for them with the loot I earn. Im just a little bummed that Im level 52 now and didnt get any loot until I was I think 40ish. The amount of loot I could have accumulated... :grin:

@Callum If TW are pals, they give us the loot we missed! (cant promise ill spend it on the SP gear though) ♥
Think of all the fancy looking players that will make new players jelly and grind even moar! :grin:

Yes, should. These skins bring at least some variety to multiplayer. It gives you
system of progress. Perhaps the current prices and the amount of loot received are not balanced, but making all items immediately available is somehow not very good.

Yes, should. These skins bring at least some variety to multiplayer. It gives you
system of progress. Perhaps the current prices and the amount of loot received are not balanced, but making all items immediately available is somehow not very good.
I can think of a million ways of adding more variety that doesn't involve making us grind like slaves.

Honestly, the loot system's kind of a mess right now, cuz it tries to tell me that a decorative cloth over a gambeson has as much armor as a chainmail shirt or leather reinforced with pieces of metal, while the Menavlion Infantry, Ranger and most light cavalry units have access to a 3D printer and other useful tools for modern-day cosplay armor.

If we ever live to see 1.7.5 or 1.8.0, i feel like the loot system could use a rework to better accomodate for different armor level ranges, along with the jump from base configuration to Improved Armor (i.e: classes that are normally bare headed should unconditionally have a helmet with Improved Armor. Headgear is also kept separate between less and more armor)

Last edited:
but the servers dont even work after nearly 2 years. don't waste resources on this lott rubbish before the game even works.

and before you tell me it's a different team, in 2 years management should have prioritised staffing the teams that clearly need it

I was willing to give the early access pass for the first 18 months, it's starting to wear thin now

Its just that new feats and mechanics also introduce new bugs. Maybe they are waiting with bug fixing till most of the feats and mechs has been implemented so that they can fix the lot at once, without worry about what bugs it may generate

Back
Top Bottom