Skins - Should the current ones really cost ingame currency?

Users who are viewing this thread

Fun fact: just like warband, most of the playerbase won't even be playing native in the long term. The grind is unnecessary as later down the line players won't feel like having to grind the game when there are mods

I think mods should be content orientated, not focused on adding feats or mechanics that the base game ought to have generically (is this even a word lol)

Some of them feel a bit overpriced, I think. Especially the Pauldron Capes since they aren't interchangeable between Vlandia and Empire despite both variations using the same mesh and textures.

What i'd like to see personally is the Battanian ninja hood being compatible with more classes. The Aserai Guard and Khuzait Nomad could benefit from having it IMO.

But personally, I think what's a bigger priority is for cosmetic items to better reflect the armor ratings of their attached classes. As i've mentioned in earlier threads, some classes have access to modern-day cosplay materials while other classes can somehow have as much armor as a proper chainmail shirt just by wearing a decorative cloth over their casual wear. And then we have the Aserai Guard who seems to be wearing a solid gold breastplate without Improved Armor, and a gold-plated breastplate made of actual protective materials with Improved Armor

The Xbox playerbase will only be on vanilla and itll likely be quite active, this grind sounds like it could keep new players from starting off with customization and only the veterans having the ability to be recognized and i support that idea unless theres a reason for me not to
Fun fact: just like warband, most of the playerbase won't even be playing native in the long term. The grind is unnecessary as later down the line players won't feel like having to grind the game when there are mods

Did a moderator change the title of the thread?

Edit- Just for future reference the Title originally was; The current Class System was Introduced so they could Monetize Skins. Before the moderators changed it.

Last edited:
Without farming for these skins I have literally zero reason to continue playing this game at the moment. I would much rather they cost a free, farmable currency than just have everyone walking around with capes. TLDR; go farm scrubs.

Without farming for these skins I have literally zero reason to continue playing this game at the moment. I would much rather they cost a free, farmable currency than just have everyone walking around with capes. TLDR; go farm scrubs.
Not everyone wants to spend 10 hours just to unlock a fancy cape.

>work
>video game

>work
>video game
I take it you've never played any sort of competitive videogame then where putting in the time to learn the mechanics can certainly be defined as 'work'. I also understand that clearly you've never played any sort of game where upgrading your character comes at some sort of 'work' cost instead of just going from level 1 to 100 instantly. You obviously want the cape, go farm for it, instead of just complaining to complain.

Farming for the cape wouldn't have been too much of an issue if the same item didn't have two different entries in the loot shop.

Vlandian and Empire Pauldron Cape are identical models but are treated differently in the point shop

I take it you've never played any sort of competitive videogame then where putting in the time to learn the mechanics can certainly be defined as 'work'. I also understand that clearly you've never played any sort of game where upgrading your character comes at some sort of 'work' cost instead of just going from level 1 to 100 instantly. You obviously want the cape, go farm for it, instead of just complaining to complain.
There is farming and grinding, and there is also pain staking work. I have played bannerlord on average 4-6 hours a day for 20 days in the past month, and have barely made a dent in the loot shop. I have 1090 hours in the game and have enjoyed my time learning mechanics, but it is no fun to grind for such a pitiful reward. They should up the reward system, compensate the players who are such a high level already or they should make the system engaging.

Have you ever played Warband MP?

Have you ever played Warband MP?
Yes I have. I also don't see the point you're trying to make. Just because Warband's multiplayer had zero progression whereas Bannerlord has an entirely cosmetic progression system does not in any way mean Bannerlord is doing things 'wrong' as you forum kiddies like to view it.

There is farming and grinding, and there is also pain staking work. I have played bannerlord on average 4-6 hours a day for 20 days in the past month, and have barely made a dent in the loot shop. I have 1090 hours in the game and have enjoyed my time learning mechanics, but it is no fun to grind for such a pitiful reward. They should up the reward system, compensate the players who are such a high level already or they should make the system engaging.
I have around 1700 hours in the game, much of this is singleplayer, and much of it is online play before any loot system was introduced. If I had to make an estimate, I've played less than 200 hours with the loot system ingame, and in this relatively small amount of time, I've spent over 15k loot on various cosmetic items and have never felt the system is not 'engaging' or unwilling to compensate players who are a high level already seeing as you were given a loot bonus based on your level when the system was introduced.

Farming for the cape wouldn't have been too much of an issue if the same item didn't have two different entries in the loot shop.

Vlandian and Empire Pauldron Cape are identical models but are treated differently in the point shop
This may have something to do with the fact they are different factions. This really should not need to be explained to any reasonable individual.

Back
Top Bottom