Share your first post on the forum, again.

Users who are viewing this thread

pesja

Sergeant Knight at Arms
What was the first words you wrote here?

Mine:

pesja said:
I can't find King Harlaus. I have been asking the other lords where he is and no one knows. have any idea about where he can be? he doesnt seem to be captured by any of our enemy nords either.. Could it be that some bandits have taken him captured? and why doesnt the other lords put more than 30 troops in their castles... i take a castle, a few days after i have to take it back.. Over and over

Varric said:
how about u make a thread that people post screenies of where the nervous man is and in which village :S dunno if it's random spawn in villages but u could have a try

Over one year ago  :smile:.

An announcement that 1.011 is released.
Cleidophoros said:
1.011 yayınlandı.
Tek yenilik, 1.0 yada 1.003 savegame dosyaları ile uyumlu olması.

Konu: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,45208.0.html

Linkler:
1.011 Full Yükleme Paketi (380.93 MB):

FileFront:
http://files.filefront.com/mountandblade+1011+setupexe/;12238156;/fileinfo.html

2shared.com:
http://www.2shared.com/file/4208803/c0c192d2/mountandblade_1011_setup.html

TaleWorlds Server:
http://download.taleworlds.com/mountandblade_1011_setup.exe
i love helpin' them people.

First post which is not gibberish to you;
Cleidophoros said:
Hai guys!
i will admit, i heard about M&B over a year ago, and i thought it was another MMO. so i just passed.
then about a month ago, i heard about it again, decided to give it a go, tried teh demo, next day, i did buy teh key and been enjoyin since then.
game feels unfinished with dated graphics, repetetive quests, dull NPCs and bugs. still i gotta admit its one of teh most addictive games i have ever played.
thumbs up for them developers! 
mehaba çocuklar!

Tintin said:
Sushiman70 said:
Sea dogs is still in developement if im not mistaken, and there are others aswell. You can use boats on Fury of Odin, but i dont think that the battles work.
they do ork in Fury of Odin but not in Roots of Yggdrasil

Alex_Augmented said:
Hi there,  I'm Alex and I'm new here, and I have been playing M&B since version .658 or something. Anyway, I was wondering if you need any towns decorated?

Thanks,
Alex

Back in t'day.

I never did decorate those Towns :sad:

It's surprising how many of you couldn't type right back then.

James said:
I think this mod stinks as it is right now. But I love the idea of changing people into Shrigoli or whatever. But you definitely need to make some kind of stake weapon. And if you change the names of people, I think it would be nicer. For instance, if you change the Tavernkeeper to Mortician, or something, it would make it a lot more unique. And it would continue the sense of 'vampire'.

My second post was a quote fail...

Kobrag said:
how come when you reach lv 6 you have to restart? i always finish to soon before i realy get into it it is annoying.
dont get me wrong i love the game.
im getting it this saterday but......why not at least lv10 it would give us datajunkies time to reveiw the the game properly before buying it
but on the whole i love it.<3 :cool:

I hate that person.

Hello all ! I really love this game, Mount&Blade is a truly astonishing achievement for the people involved in making it. Thumbs-up and well done ! However ... There are a few stupid things that REALLY get on my nerves.

In the version before 1.003, I'd sometimes visit a village only to find a distressed elder pleading me to help form some of his lowly peasant rabble. As I was low on cash that time, I readily agreed, thinking that training a few peasants was a perfectly acceptable way to pass the time. So, multiply 12 hours training by 5 peasants, and you get a long time, due to the fact that my training skill was ... O.

Anyway, I train the last miserable, dung-smelling peasant, only to get a message that a sentry spots a group of bandits reaching the village. So, I'm asked to assemble the local militia and kick some bandit ass. Couldn't be happier ...

Of course, this was my first play-through, and I didn't realise that:

-Bandits could band up in huge groups
-That they'd have the high ground.

Indeed, I found out, the hard way, that somehow, the bandits had managed to reach the top of this village (it was a rather elevated one), and drive my horde of peasants down to the bottom of the cliff. Why ?! In any case, I lead a desperate charge against a superior enemy armed with my trusty horse, a handful of peasants and a few companions, and get completely slaughtered.

What I want to know is, why the hell did the peasants let the bandits take the high-ground, and let themselves be driven to the bottom of the hill, when it's their village, and the bandits aren't gnomes that can magically sprout out of the ground ?

Any comments greatly appreciated ...

Yep, the first thing I did was be a brown-noser, lie about having actually bought the game, choose a bad avatar, and complain. Story of my life, really ...

AWdeV said:
Hey people. I made an account for this forum just now, because I saw this thread when I was lurking on my brother's account. Anyway, I've recently done a paper on Britain before, during and after the Roman invasion and as iit was, I also picked up some information on the Belgae. I've used a few sites and one of them's in Dutch, so that isn't a great deal of help.
Anyway, I've used this site: http://www.roman-britain.org/tribes/belgae.htm for information. The Belgae DID have a presence in modern-day britain but I'm not sure if they had territory as far as modern-day Friesland.  With a bit of imagination, you could include some smaller tribes next to the Belgic area in modern-day England in the confederacy.

The belgic people were Gallic in language and culture but they may have some Germanic ancestry. In their equipment they'd be pretty much like other Gauls.

I hope this helped a bit, if it didn't just peer through the site I've linked and grab wikipedia alongside it.

Not that long ago. I'm a bit surprised I've managed to make 1167 messages in the time to. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom