set_background_mesh operation not working

Users who are viewing this thread

rabbit555

Recruit
I want to add new background images for menus such as the start game menu. I have the operation block correct, and the build_module.bat compiles successfully. The mesh is defined in module_meshes with a corresponding .dds file in the module itself's textures folder. When I boot up the game and get to a menu with one of these custom backgrounds, I get a message in red stating: "get_object failed for mesh: pic_gs1"

I double checked and sure enough the mesh is even defined in ID_meshes.py, I'm very confused as to how it's failing to get these images. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to make sure that the mesh is inside a brf file which gets loaded. The mesh references a material which references a texture. You can simply copy paste another similar mesh and switch out the material.
This works... But it squeezes the hell out of the image. OpenBRF has an option to generate mesh, texture, and mat, but then there doesn't appear to be a model... I just wonder why this is so inefficient. Why 3D models just pasted on?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom