Seriously? Ending the story ends the game? [Developer answered!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Bluebeard

Recruit
Seriously? Why is there no possibility to continue playing the game in sandbox after you finish the story?

Basically, after the last mission of the story you get a Game over screen, and credits. And that's it, you get no opportunity to continue playing.

What the hell? I wanted to continue the story of my character. After conquering the rest of Saxon Britain, I would have battled against the sons of Ragnar and proclaim myself king. BUT NO, GAME OVER! The game tells you your character disappears and leaves the Isles forever so that must be it.

I am perplexed. I find this decision incredibly stupid.

As a stopgap solution: Go back to your latest savegame, go to 'game options' in camp, enable cheats and in 'cheat menu' there's an option somewhere to switch your savegame to sandbox mode.

Howitzer said:
As a stopgap solution: Go back to your latest savegame, go to 'game options' in camp, enable cheats and in 'cheat menu' there's an option somewhere to switch your savegame to sandbox mode.

Yes I figured as much, but even then it's not so great as solution.

First of all you don't get the exp and renown from the last mission, not to mention the satisfaction of having killed Sven.
Secondly, but even more importantly, there are no true actual consequences following the victory over the Saxons in the huge battle. I was expecting that most cities and towns in West Seaxe would go to Northumbria, like East Engle does when you destroy the Cantabrian fleet.

The battle between the Norse and the Saxons is MASSIVE, winning it should have actual consequences. I thought they would come once I'd kill Sven, but now I feel like they couldn't be arsed to put them since ending the story ends the game anyway...

Come on, all sandbox games offer the opportunity to keep on playing once you finish the story! Even those with crappy sandbox like Assassin Creed! Add a possibility to keep in playing, and please add actual consequences to that huge battle at the end which name I forgot.

What? Seriously? I don't want to read the spoilers, but it sounds seriously retarded. Why should I have to restart in order to play sandbox after the story? . I suppose I'll put all my kingdom building plans on hold - or failing that I'll just have to reload back to the save before the end battle and go from there, assuming stuff happened.

Any chance of a fix on this? I could just put the game on hold near the end.

Bluebeard said:
Seriously? Why is there no possibility to continue playing the game in sandbox after you finish the story?

Basically, after the last mission of the story you get a Game over screen, and credits. And that's it, you get no opportunity to continue playing.

I am perplexed. I find this decision incredibly stupid.
Have to agree, I really hope they change it so you can play in sandbox after finishing the story in a future patch.

This has to be an easy fix in a patch of some kind. I can see the appeal of playing in sandbox taking your character and continuing his/her journey but without restrictions...

Yep. I agree. Playing the story mode is a great way to start out, and once you beat it you can then move on the bigger and better things.

Totally agree with OP. The whole point of the story should be to ease the player into the campaign. Basically preparing the player for sandbox and starting its own kingdom. I'm Really dissapointed.

Whats with the mission to get 12 cattle? are you kidding me? After destroying massive armies...

Haven't finished the story because of all the bugs, but damn, I was seriously expecting a sandbox mode after completing the story.

And thanks for creating a Spoiler-Free thread about it.

+1 with OP,i'm  expecting sandbox after storyline is over. dont want to restart all over just because of an ending and credit screen when story is finished... Cmon :wink:

kalarhan said:
Edit your savegame after the end. Its a workaround, but at least it works.

That's not a solution at all. By then the map is heavily scripted and all the Northumbria Generals are trapped (by constantly warping there) in Londinium, go and see for yourself

Back
Top Bottom