Searching a Space Combat Game

Users who are viewing this thread

ronin47

Sergeant at Arms
Hi,
I am searching a FREEWARE Space Combat Game (Sim or Tactical). Graphics are unimportant for me.
Could somebody help me??

First, many thanks to anyone!
Hm! I own FS1+2 already, buyed them when they were published.
That B5 thing sounds interesting. I am great Babylon5-Fan. One of the coolest Shows ever!!! :grin:
It´s only a very large game. Thought more of something like an small, independent Production like M&B.

Rabid Potatoe said:
Make sure you get the FS2 Open thing for freespace 2. It adds a load of cool eye candy etc.
I want to play this game and I have no idea what you're talking about. Please be more descriptive.

Thanks. I saw the SCP thing, but the whole thing baffled me because it was called "Source Code Project" so you'd think it would be... nevermind.

Heres another 2d one called the ur-quan masters aka Star Control 2 they couldn't call it that cause the name is still licenced but the source code was released to the public or they bought it or something i dont know really, its sort of....... rpgish(?)

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/

Is there anything specific I need to do to set up multiplayer? I try to play it with the open SCP, I don't see any servers. Does no one play this game? I doubt that because people play Allegiance after all (that's essentially the same thing, only more needlessly complex). I haven't played a game yet where my router just blocks the master server. A very interesting thing to note is that I tried to go to the PXO website and get an account, but when I click "submit" it gives me a 404 error.

EDIT: Oh. Yeah. I have SCP installed and running fine, that doesn't seem to help (there are still no servers on the list).

Hmm. I got it set up exactly as supposed to, and I freed up the router ports as well - it's confirmed, nobody plays FS2 online. Amazing, really. Allegiance is a decent substitute, but it requires at least a little actual studying (tactics is more than half the damn game easily). There's even a clan specifically made to TRAIN people, but just read up on the Academy website. If you look up a ship, station or weapon, it doesn't give you statistics, but it gives you very helpful information on what the role of the ship is and how to use it. The Free Allegiance website has all the game downloads and stuff. Definately don't read it all at once. I recommend reading up on the Scout and the Scout tactics, first - scouts are one of the most vital regular-class ships in the game, having the ability to repair bombers on runs and uncover probes, or lay them. Play with that for a day or two, then read up on fighter roles, or bomber roles, etc. until you're confident enough that you can ask your commander to buy you a capital ship. It really is very similar to FS2 - as soon as I saw the HUD for FS2, I was reminded of that game.

Back
Top Bottom