Sea combat, sea trade, sea travel

Users who are viewing this thread

So looking at the map, there is a lot of room that isn't used. I know the game is EA, that is the reason why I'm making this post.

My suggestion/question is. Would it be possible to develop/add some kind of sea travel system that would let us explore all the un-used islands and traverse the map easier (Mainly going to and from Aserai). Also, there is plenty of room to add 1 or 2 more factions or content to those unexplored islands in the middle and on the left side. Those suggestions would also help balance the game so that Aserai and Kazuits don't have such great defensive positions.

I know Viking Conquest had sea travel, my question also is, would that work in Bannerlord?

(Also if there are already plans to make it happen, sorry devs for spoiling the features lol)

(I don't own any rights to the image, that is not my screenshot)

mountblade2_3132963b.jpg

Last edited:
With the current map it dosen't make much sense. everything is connected by land so there's no point in a sea system.
On the other hand if they would add more factions that could only be reached by sea, then that would work.

So looking at the map, there is a lot of room that isn't used. I know the game is EA, that is the reason why I'm making this post.

My suggestion/question is. Would it be possible to develop/add some kind of sea travel system that would let us explore all the un-used islands and traverse the map easier (Mainly going to and from Aserai). Also, there is plenty of room to add 1 or 2 more factions or content to those unexplored islands in the middle and on the left side. Those suggestions would also help balance the game so that Aserai and Kazuits don't have such great defensive positions.

I know Viking Conquest had sea travel, my question also is, would that work in Bannerlord?

(Also if there are already plans to make it happen, sorry devs for spoiling the features lol)

(I don't own any rights to the image, that is not my screenshot)

mountblade2_3132963b.jpg
+1
it would be very nice. Fighting on boats was very exciting on VC. Trading too. Could help the sturgians.

I think it would make for a very interesting experience if they deleted the land bridges between Quyaz and Ortysia, as well as between Omor and Balgrad, so that using ships, or ferries, would be the only way to get across. And adding ship trade would help both the Sturgians and the Aserai not get stomped by other factions. Not to mention that trading stuff from Sturgia to Aserai and back could be made much quicker and more profitable if you could sail along the Vlandian coast.
The possibilities that utilizing the sea would bring are endless.

100% agree. It makes no sense that a civilization that is as advanced as in Calradia doesn't utilize water ways. I sure hope it's already in their backlog for future updates. I want ferry stations at fixed locations and docks in all coastal cities, as well as, the possibility to own a ship and trade and fight with an on it. I could be simpler designed ships, but considering the general time period and technology the civs have, there really should be bigger ships available like cogs or similar.

Would be a great addition, would definitely add a lot to the game.
Maybe also with sea raider minor factions raiding coastal villages for the ones complaining about the lack of Nords.

Sadly I think the ship has sailed (get it?) on adding this kind of mechanic to the game. I don't imagine it'll be in for release. Maybe in the inevitable warbannerlord.

Definitely needs to be added. This would address both Sturgia and AseraiI issues in this game. Sea trader and raiders (at sea) make no sense not being in the game. Removing some of the land of Sturgia to have a river that travels from the sea area starting at Omor, crossing down and west to Balgard, that reaches the lake near Varnovapol (which also coast the lake), and expand the lake size to reach Tyal. This makes sturgia almost all its cities coastal, thus making them actually feared. I also think giving sturgia ship movement speed boost and faster access to higher tier troops would benefit them with sea access.

by looking at the map i believe it was at least intended when they designed it, look at the sturgian castle on the mainland next to vlandia (one of the few with noble recruits btw). It is clearly intended to be connected to revyl via the sea, there are also some kind of landmarks showing a dock or similar. Sadly now it is completely separated from the rest of the kingdom, so sturgi lose one of they'r nobles farm pretty fast :c

by looking at the map i believe it was at least intended when they designed it, look at the sturgian castle on the mainland next to vlandia (one of the few with noble recruits btw). It is clearly intended to be connected to revyl via the sea, there are also some kind of landmarks showing a dock or similar. Sadly now it is completely separated from the rest of the kingdom, so sturgi lose one of they'r nobles farm pretty fast :c

noble villages are entirely random game to game.

it definitely should have ships. I was bit disappointed when there was not. Who knows what they still add, but that map aint best for ships

Either the devs add boats, or the mods will. As things stand, naval waterways make for an essential trading and prosperity bloc and many mods will be making their own various versions of this end product (The LotR mod for one)

Sea Warfare will be a most likely future DLC, Armagan has said as much.

Are they really going to try and sell off stuff like that in DLC? If that's true, this company is no longer worth my time or money.

Are they really going to try and sell off stuff like that in DLC? If that's true, this company is no longer worth my time or money.
Why did you expect any different ? Sea warfare has never been a thing in Warband, its not even part of the core game, so yes when they work on extra features not part of base game its most likely a dlc..

I definitely think they will need to open up some of the areas of the map to make sea travel work. The land bridge between Aserai and Western Empire and also one between Omor and Belgard have to be pretty much deleted. And TO BE HONEST, those land bridges feel like they don't belong there. It feels like the sea access was closed on purpose.

Hopefully a mod can fix this when game is fully released

Back
Top Bottom