Say Cheese v2

Users who are viewing this thread

JACVBHINDS // 寒心420? said:
I'm going to dress up as Usama Ibn Munqidh for World Book Day at my school. Thanks to immigration, traditional clothing is cheap and easy to get hold of, and with a few adjustments (i.e. a belt and a turban), it should look pretty good. I got a more ornate version of this:
Muslim-Arab-Middle-East-Men-s-Robe-Set-indonesia-clothing-pakistani-clothes-white-abaya-malaysia-traditional.jpg_640x640.jpg
but with differently coloured trousers.
Some shop in central London was even selling a shamshir for £20 (!!!!!!) but it seems kinda suspect and there's no way I'll be allowed to bring that to class anyway. I'll put together a paper mache helmet after hours using silvery paper and cardboard, and possible make a 2 metre lance if I can find a pole that size.

Will post pictures when the whole outfit is done.

28535005_10210805795329975_602326236_n.jpg
28511511_10210805795489979_556675294_n.jpg

School's closed tomorrow anyway. Spear deliberately made round so I don't get arrested.

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu said:
Here's how my brain parsed that image at first:

ARCQ5BR.png

You seem to be having problems with the human form, and perspective as well. For the former, try breaking down the humanoid (I'm guessing?) figures into basic shapes first, such as rectanlges for limbs and torso, circle for the head etc. You can give the bodies curves and details later once you have outlined the basic proportions with the aforementioned shapes. Your problems with perspective may be chronic, however. I hope this advice helps you progress in your art; good luck  :smile:

I'm going to dress up as Usama Ibn Munqidh for World Book Day at my school. Thanks to immigration, traditional clothing is cheap and easy to get hold of, and with a few adjustments (i.e. a belt and a turban), it should look pretty good. I got a more ornate version of this:
Muslim-Arab-Middle-East-Men-s-Robe-Set-indonesia-clothing-pakistani-clothes-white-abaya-malaysia-traditional.jpg_640x640.jpg
but with differently coloured trousers.
Some shop in central London was even selling a shamshir for £20 (!!!!!!) but it seems kinda suspect and there's no way I'll be allowed to bring that to class anyway. I'll put together a paper mache helmet after hours using silvery paper and cardboard, and possible make a 2 metre lance if I can find a pole that size.

Will post pictures when the whole outfit is done.

28535005_10210805795329975_602326236_n.jpg
28511511_10210805795489979_556675294_n.jpg

School's closed tomorrow anyway. Spear deliberately made round so I don't get arrested.

Hadn't heard of him, pretty cool costume tho!

DanAngleland said:
Age of Empires II: The Densetsu said:
Here's how my brain parsed that image at first:

ARCQ5BR.png

You seem to be having problems with the human form, and perspective as well. For the former, try breaking down the humanoid (I'm guessing?) figures into basic shapes first, such as rectanlges for limbs and torso, circle for the head etc. You can give the bodies curves and details later once you have outlined the basic proportions with the aforementioned shapes. Your problems with perspective may be chronic, however. I hope this advice helps you progress in your art; good luck  :smile:

Thank you very much for the tips, I really have problem with perspective and you have helped me. Even since last night I have noticed I can draw better with your tips. Did you study art? I self taught, don't know if you could tell!  :smile:

Well anyway, see you around! PM me where you studied and we can talk further there. :smile:

I never studied art, dear boy, rather I was born with a thorough understanding and appreciation of all art and the multitude of techniques required to produce it. Unfortunately this left me quite jaded and disinterested in actually creating or discussing any myself. Until, that is, I observed your efforts and my generous spirit was stirred to assist you. I am glad I could do so, but focusing my mind on such banalities as perspective has distressed me somewhat, and I regret that I cannot bear to furnish you with further assistance. I do however wish you bonne chance with your future efforts. Cheerio!

I bet you came in last playing wilderness golf.

Jasper.

JASPER.

JASPER!

B-8!
Stay calm, be brave, and wait for the signs.

m70hV.jpg
like, I'm in love with today (and the guy who took the photo, that helped too :lol:).

Aqt9C.jpg

Back
Top Bottom