Say Cheese v2

Users who are viewing this thread

My only excuse is I ignore the proper English etiquette and translate most of these things literally from Greek to English. Still,
Evvv said:
if the majority doesn't care does that make them unrefined or does it make you a pretentious tosser

I'd say it's the first. If a lot of people are rude, does that mean everyone should be rude? Manners are not a passing fashion. Or, at least, they shouldn't be.

Certainly so, but I wasn't taking about that specific example. More like in the lines of 'just because many people say/do that, doesn't mean it's the right thing'.

Saying best wishes to a bride in Britain would be creepy or weird. We say congratulations to everyone here because the word congratulations does not imply anything bad, it implies the definition of congratulations. Lol. Jesus Christ.

Congratulations on getting that new job!
You got engaged? Congratulations!
Congratulations!

The (Italians and) Greeks are even better. They have songs on how the groom will **** the bride. They are pretty descriptive and meant to be sang by the entire family. Having been present to such a situation, I can say it's one of the most cringeworthy, creepy and awkward things I experienced. And I wasn't even concerned.

Lord Brutus said:
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry said:
Congrats Paula :smile:
You nits!  You say congratulations to the man and "Best Wishes" to the woman.  So, "Best Wishes, Paula."  :grin:

Holy ****, this will never matter.

Seriously, how many dozens of people worldwide know or care about this? Is it more than one?

Sorry to be crass but I am baffled.

Lord Brutus said:
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry said:
Congrats Paula :smile:
You nits!  You say congratulations to the man and "Best Wishes" to the woman.  So, "Best Wishes, Paula."  :grin:
I did not know this was a thing. :eek:
Lord Brutus said:
Telling a bride "Congratulations" implies she was real damn lucky to get a guy interested enough to marry her.
I do consider myself very lucky with him. :grin: So thanks for all the positive sentiment everyone. :razz:

we have a little more standard photos too, but this is his favourite. He's not very typical after all. ^^

JACVBHINDS // 寒心420? said:
Once again the Chinese are superior

S1HNqSV.gif

Just so you know, three of the characters depicted in that gif were assassinated and one had an unfortunate time in the Witness Protection Program.  But, the rest of you, if you choose to be uncivilized louts, who am I to stop you.  :razz:

I gave three references about wedding etiquette, if you choose to ignore it, so be it.  Just remember, because you haven't heard of something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  Have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom