Saves get corrupted after roughly 45 loads (Not saves, loads). Please devs fix this asap or everyone's campaigns will brick.

Users who are viewing this thread

you clearly did not read the head of the topic! its not saving that causes it - its the LOADING matey! you can create 10k saves it does not matter! but as soon as you load in for the 45th time your file gets corrupted!
My bad, but head of the topic isn't clear either, it could be loading 45 times period, or loading 45 times the same savefile (What I understood). Does it corrupt all the savefiles after 45 loadings ? Or just the one you loaded at that point ?

My bad, but head of the topic isn't clear either, it could be loading 45 times period, or loading 45 times the same savefile (What I understood). Does it corrupt all the savefiles after 45 loadings ? Or just the one you loaded at that point ?

alright you start a new game right.. then u save because u go to sleep for example.. it doesnt matter how many saves you made in between because the next day you will load and at some point save again..
basically you save progress 1
you load progress 1
you save progress 2
you load progress 2
and so on!
it gets corrupted everytime a bit more until you load the 45th time where it is fully corrupted and it crashes on loading..

My first playthrough with more than 400 days is bricked because of this. I am not beginning another campaign merely because of this bug.
Needs immediate attention.

Thank you for clarifying the concept of saving and loading. Still don't know if all savefiles get corrupted or just one though.
As i understand, each file gets corrupted seperatly.

if you have two campaigns running in paarallel, each campaign has 45 cycles

If you have one campaign, wich has reached its 45 cycles, and you load the save of cycle 30, you have another 15 cycles on it, but the progress you loaded in, was from cycle 30, so no real gain there.

At least this is what i gathered from the reports.

Thank you for clarifying the concept of saving and loading. Still don't know if all savefiles get corrupted or just one though. But because it seems so frustrating I guess it's all the savefiles.
not all of your saves! just the latest one.. of course you can load an older one that still works but you loose a lot of progress and at some point it happens again!

not all of your saves! just the latest one.. of course you can load an older one that still works but you loose a lot of progress and at some point it happens again!
Alright thanks ! Maybe my previous message wasn't that clear, that's what I wanted to know haha. So making incremental saves can help not loosing that much progress. But still, needs to be fixed quickly.

EDIT : Well, apparently it's gonna be fixed pretty quick !

Alright thanks ! Maybe my previous message wasn't that clear, that's what I wanted to know haha. So making incremental saves can help not loosing that much progress. But still, needs to be fixed quickly.
Well, if you had a bricked save, all saves of that cycle are bricked (all saves made since the last loading)... and if you go back one cycle, all further saves you make, are bricked

Why the hell are they tracking how many loads a player does?
They (propably) aren't, there seems to be a memory-leak-esque behaviour is the savesystem, resulting the aformenting problems... its just that this overflow hits consistently after about 45 saves... it has (propably) nothing to do with a counter, but simply a certain amount of data beeing not overwritten, but written in sequnce, until the game is confused, causing the problems.

Back
Top Bottom