Saves get corrupted after roughly 45 loads (Not saves, loads). Please devs fix this asap or everyone's campaigns will brick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Perfect explanations from nitroskirata and drumbeard. All devs need to do is read those messages and they should know the issue perfectly among all this other confusion about this issue.

And yes I know the devs mentioned they are fixing A save issue, but I am not convinced it is this particular one, but I hope I am wrong.

Perfect explanations from nitroskirata and drumbeard. All devs need to do is read those messages and they should know the issue perfectly among all this other confusion about this issue.

And yes I know the devs mentioned they are fixing A save issue, but I am not convinced it is this particular one, but I hope I am wrong.

The original bullet point in the list referred specifically to the issue with "45 saves". It has since been changed to a more general description of save issues. I think this is exactly because it is not specifically the number 45 that causes the issue.

The original bullet point in the list referred specifically to the issue with "45 saves". It has since been changed to a more general description of save issues. I think this is exactly because it is not specifically the number 45 that causes the issue.
Ah thank god, thanks to you aswell :smile:

They (propably) aren't, there seems to be a memory-leak-esque behaviour is the savesystem, resulting the aformenting problems... its just that this overflow hits consistently after about 45 saves... it has (propably) nothing to do with a counter, but simply a certain amount of data beeing not overwritten, but written in sequnce, until the game is confused, causing the problems.

Ok, I just checked my present savegame count. I am on save 97, with a 2TB NVME SSD, and 128 Gb of memory, I have a little over 50 Gb of drive space left for paging. I'll go open some of that up to see if it changes things.

It does NOT work.

Yes, you can load your game from an old save but then when you save again (even when creating NEW FILE with save as) it will crash on the next load attempt.

Has this patch been tested at all before rolling out?

Yea concur with Grath, finished a battle, got one save, then reloaded the new save and got CTD. BTW, since I am on furlough for a month, I can test for free (not just as a player) if they need some bug testing help (which it really does look like now).

Small correction, it actually might work but you need files back from before they were corrupted.

To test, load a file and save as a new one. Then save over that one a couple of times after you load from it. If it crashes the original save file was corrupted if it doesn't it works (or at least it seems to go on without any crashes) more testing needed!

So far I used a save from yesterday, created new files, saved over 10+ times and they still work.

Small correction, it actually might work but you need files back from before they were corrupted.

To test, load a file and save as a new one. Then save over that one a couple of times after you load from it. If it crashes the original save file was corrupted if it doesn't it works (or at least it seems to go on without any crashes) more testing needed!

So far I used a save from yesterday, created new files, saved over 10+ times and they still work.

Yea, that's kind of useless, because now, I have no idea which savegame got corrupted. I tried the savegame I thought was ok, and two savegames later, it corrupts, then I tried the one before that, now five savegames later, it corrupts. So I only have about 95 possible savegames left to try. It's easier, but less enjoyable, to start over. You win Taleworlds.

Just stick with your last working save game and overwrite this slot. So don't change or create slots, this will cause the corruption. If you are at save 44 (now maybe 45) you have to stick with this forever or until this is fixed. If you stick with this save you will be able to avoid crashes. If you are at save 43 you have 1 spare slot until it crashes...and so on.

See https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...me-corruption-the-45-saves-phenomenon.400961/

Devs are aware of that already, we'll see what Friday brings.

Just stick with your last working save game and overwrite this slot. So don't change or create slots, this will cause the corruption. If you are at save 44 (now maybe 45) you have to stick with this forever or until this is fixed. If you stick with this save you will be able to avoid crashes. If you are at save 43 you have 1 spare slot until it crashes...and so on.

See https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...me-corruption-the-45-saves-phenomenon.400961/

Devs are aware of that already, we'll see what Friday brings.

I'm just starting over. It's easier. Now I don't have to worry since I'll number each save and know exactly which how many I have.

I'm just starting over. It's easier. Now I don't have to worry since I'll number each save and know exactly which how many I have.
Don't. The hotfix didn't work and they have to fix it in a future update. Even if you start a new save it breaks after roughly 55 save/load cycles. We just have to wait for a fix. The linked steam thread in the OP has all the most recent info (and a ****ton of flame).

Don't. The hotfix didn't work and they have to fix it in a future update. Even if you start a new save it breaks after roughly 55 save/load cycles. We just have to wait for a fix. The linked steam thread in the OP has all the most recent info (and a ****ton of flame).
That's wrong information. It only happens if you load and save to a new slot or overwrite a different slot from the one you loaded from repeatedly. If you stick with one save game you will have no problems. If you create 1 new save game per day you can play 45 days until the problem will occur.

If I'm not totally wrong - which I doubt because I deal with this issue since days intensively - you can start all over if you follow the rules. You could even continue with an older save but you have no spare saves then.

And just to underline my arguments: I started a new game and din't run into any problem after saving and loading 45 times. That's because I only use 1 slot. bad if you want to go back to an older state but well - that's what we have to deal with right now. A friend of mine has even more saves (like 15) and saved/loaded more than 45 times without problems. As long as you don't save and load 45 times in different slots you should be fine.

Examples:

Save strategy which works
  • Save to slot 1
  • Play
  • Reload slot 1
  • Play
  • Save to slot 1
  • Play
  • Save to slot 1
  • Play
  • Reload slot 1
  • Play
  • Save to slot 1
  • Quit
  • Resume with slot 1
  • Play
  • Save to slot 1
Save strategy which will fail sooner or later
  • Save to slot 1
  • Play
  • Save to slot 2
  • Play
  • Save to slot 3
  • Play
  • Save to slot 4
  • Play
  • Reload slot 4
  • Play
  • Save to slot 5
  • Quit
  • Resume with slot 5
  • Play
  • Save to slot 1
  • Play
  • Save to slot 2

Last edited:
That's wrong information. It only happens if you load and save to a new slot or overwrite a different slot from the one you loaded from repeatedly. If you stick with one save game you will have no problems. If you create 1 new save game per day you can play 45 days until the problem will occur.

If I'm not totally wrong - which I doubt because I deal with this issue since days intensively - you can start all over if you follow the rules. You could even continue with an older save but you have no spare saves then.

And just to underline my arguments: I started a new game and din't run into any problem after saving and loading 45 times. That's because I only use 1 slot. bad if you want to go back to an older state but well - that's what we have to deal with right now. A friend of mine has even more saves (like 15) and saved/loaded more than 45 times without problems. As long as you don't save and load 45 times in different slots you should be fine.

Examples:

Save strategy which works
Save strategy which will fail sooner or later

I know this is a strategy game, but strategizing my saves is a little too much.

Back
Top Bottom