Save Game Editor / Convertor

Users who are viewing this thread

My game (Viking Conquest) crashed when I had just taken a city (just before the option to give it to a Noble in my faction), when I reloaded the game I wasn't leader of my own faction anymore. Can anyone tell me what I should be setting the 'slot_faction_leader (11)' value to?

Ocker3 said:
My game (Viking Conquest) crashed when I had just taken a city (just before the option to give it to a Noble in my faction), when I reloaded the game I wasn't leader of my own faction anymore. Can anyone tell me what I should be setting the 'slot_faction_leader (11)' value to?

Probably 0. Remember you can open up another save where you are a leader and check what value is used.

It is set to zero, the value for other kingdoms isn't zero.

Anyone know if there's a way to figure out what my character's number is?

I don't think I currently have a save where I am still the leader :/

The player character number is 0.  Maybe you have to set the same in player supporters faction too?

Can start a new game in royal sandbox mode (or regular mode and use cheats to take a castle and start a faction), leave a save then compare with your proper one.

Hmmm, characters have an occupation slot. Don't know if the player character use this too. Could try comparing and changing that.

Hiho, is it possible to find a specific (just) "Bandit Army" (Tundra, Sea etc.). I think the only way to seperate them are their numbers in total (where is it noted?) Or by position perhaps?. Plus, is it possible to edit their troops (just the Numbers of some of their units)?
A short description of where to start should be fine, I just scrolled through the lines for a bit of time.....I'm a bit confused.  :oops:

Mellicifious said:
Gorvex said:
Mskulkin said:
I need to edit my relation with the outlaws, as they are now suicidal towards me in Gekokujo and it gets real annoying having to smash 90-man bandits all converging on me every ten minutes. However, I don't know what I am doing and what any of these strings and variables mean. Help. I think it needs to be -5.

@Mskulkin

Under 'factions' tab you can see all the factions. To be sure which faction is which, check the 'name' inside each faction's record. The names you see there are the ones you see in-game. Go in '#relations' of the outlaw faction and you will also see a list of factions there. Change the relation value to the desired one towards you, which means towards the player faction AND the player supporter's faction. But you have to figure out yourself which faction numbers these two factions correspond to, as I haven't played Gekokujo yet. The values shown are divided by 100 of the actual relations. After that, just to make sure everything works as intended, set the player's and the player supporter's faction's relations to the same amount towards the outlaws, in other words, always change relations vica-versa. Don't forget that you have to close the game while you are editing the saves in order to be sure the changes will be made without any error. I'm not sure if there are more factions that represent you, the player in Gekokujo, probably there isn't any more.

Mellicifious said:
What slot_village_recover_progress number is needed for a village to be repaired?

@Mellicifious

Sorry, I don't know anything about that, you will have to wait for the answer of someone who knows more :sad:

SSSSHHHHHIIIIITTTTT! RIP.

Never mind I ****ed around a bit and looks like putting it at 100 fixes raided villages, but leaves some smoke or fire and has stages depending on the amount of recovered progress you put it as.

I upgraded to 1.170 and the program crashes when I try to load saves now. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem or if it might just be me. It appears to load all the way through "game/troops/inventory_items/item_flags" and then encounters an error.

I have tried a few things already (e.g., using a new save and verifying the module files), but I figured I would check here before going too much deeper with it. I'm not averse to looking at the code that was made available on GitHub, if necessary, but I'm definitely not a "natural" when it comes to coding.

FreiBier said:
Hiho, is it possible to find a specific (just) "Bandit Army" (Tundra, Sea etc.). I think the only way to seperate them are their numbers in total (where is it noted?) Or by position perhaps?. Plus, is it possible to edit their troops (just the Numbers of some of their units)?
A short description of where to start should be fine, I just scrolled through the lines for a bit of time.....I'm a bit confused.  :oops:

Sorry all for posting twice in a row. I overlooked this last time I was on here. You're pretty much right on how to distinguish one group of bandits from another. The only really unique pieces -- to my recollection at least -- are how many bandits there are, where they are, and if they happen to have prisoners (i.e., of what kind and how many).

I personally think the count is easiest, especially when prisoners are involved. Position is not too bad to get if you've got a nearby landmark to reference, such as a village or your own party (I suppose your party isn't really a "landmark," but anyway...).

You can absolutely change the number of troops they have, or even the types of troops they have. You can even change prisoners into members of the bandit party. The only thing this program won't let you change is the number of different kinds of troops they have.

For example, say you had a forest bandit party of 20 bandits that had manhunters and farmers as prisoners. You could make it 80 forest bandits and also put the manhunters and farmers on their side, or even change them into sea raiders and steppe bandits.

You find the info under "party_record" and then "party" under that. Since there will be up to (I believe) 16 instances of each type of bandit in Native by default, it might take a while to find the one you want. Looters have a higher limit on the number of parties that can exist at the same time.

Finding the number of troops -- and where you can change the number, manipulate troop types, and change prisoner status -- is under the section within "party" called "stacks." Here you are presented both with the count and the troop IDs. Using a program such as Morgh's M&B Editor will help with identifying the troops that are there and changing them.

RobSmith176 said:
I upgraded to 1.170 and the program crashes when I try to load saves now. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem or if it might just be me. It appears to load all the way through "game/troops/inventory_items/item_flags" and then encounters an error.

I have tried a few things already (e.g., using a new save and verifying the module files), but I figured I would check here before going too much deeper with it. I'm not averse to looking at the code that was made available on GitHub, if necessary, but I'm definitely not a "natural" when it comes to coding.

I'm going to answer myself only to help save time. I actually found my old 1.168 installer and rolled back to that. Everything seemed okay until I made a minor change in the "item_kinds1.txt" file. After that, the program started crashing during load again. It was at a slightly later point, but still a problem. So, I guess it may just be that sensitive to changes (not sure about my assessment; seems odd given it's versatility with save conversions). In any case, unless someone else has run across the same thing and already looked into it, I assume I'm mostly on my own there. I've got my fingers crossed that I'm not -- as before, coding is not my forte -- but I'll run on that assumption for now.

There's an old Freelancer bug in my save (running Gekokujo 3.1 I think, maybe 3.0) that I think set permanently set my party's status to captured. As a consequence, when I'm marshall, everyone claims I'm indisposed and won't follow me. floris.wikia.com/wiki/Issue_Marshalship

Is it possible to fix this debilitating bug in the save editor?

I just want to leave a thanks because this allowed me to increase the size of chests in my save (via their inventory management skill :cool:), which would not have been possible otherwise. So thanks!

Anyone know how to modify the cattle speed with the save game editor?  I'm playing the Floris Expanded pack 2.54 and modifying the cattle in the troop.txt (as was suggested on this forum) doesn't work. 

Flag for Spirited horse: 587202660
Flag for Heavy horse: 301990013

How to edit banner assignment to troops(heroes/lords) in a savegame?
Is it even possible?
To be more precise, if I were to edit "slot_troop_banner_scene_prop", will this take care of stuff?
(Because somehow it seems there are at least TWO places where banner information is stored [based on the occurence of bug in ACOK 3.1 where lord's party has one banner, but his troops have another banner in battle])...

UPDATE: Editing "slot_troop_banner_scene_prop" is enough. Additional editing is required to get that banner changed on the parties lead/owned by the hero.

Sergio_Morozov said:
How to edit banner assignment to troops(heroes/lords) in a savegame?
Is it even possible?
To be more precise, if I were to edit "slot_troop_banner_scene_prop", will this take care of stuff?
(Because somehow it seems there are at least TWO places where banner information is stored [based on the occurence of bug in ACOK 3.1 where lord's party has one banner, but his troops have another banner in battle])...

UPDATE: Editing "slot_troop_banner_scene_prop" is enough. Additional editing is required to get that banner changed on the parties lead/owned by the hero.

For party banner editing I assume needed banner_map_icon_id in party records menu

Is there way to locate your companions party's id's? - for example for now I didn't give them a fief -> and I can't locate them in party records menu

Hi guys, I have a question I'm hoping you can help me with. I'm currently playing the Prophesy of Pendor mod and would like to take the Shadow Wolf armour, add a custom set of it to the items list with a custom name, and issue it to my custom knightly order for them to wear.

Using Morgh's editor I can create the new items in the TXT file, but to get them in the game I'd have to start a new campaign. What I'd like to do is insert them into my current saved game.

Difficulty is, the save game editor tool only allows you to modify existing entries, not add new ones. I've thought about editing the armour into the items TXT, making a new save, and then converting the old save to the new format, but I don't know if that's how converting works or if it'd mess up my game.

As a contingency, I could always modify the existing Shadow Wolf armour, but I'm hoping it won't come to that. Your custom knightly order can only be equipped with items that are tagged as 'merchandise' I think, so making the bona fide Shadow Wolf armour available in shops isn't really what I want to do, they should be allowed to keep the original set exclusively.

Any ideas?

-John

Back
Top Bottom