Save Game Editor / Convertor

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all,

Found this thread and am really keen to try out the editor. However, when I try and load I get an error and it crashes. Here is a copy of the log:

====LOADING STRUCTURE FILES :

Loading new structure block : header
Loading new structure block : note
Loading new structure block : trigger
Loading new structure block : simple_trigger
Loading new structure block : quest
Loading new structure block : info_page
Loading new structure block : site
Loading new structure block : faction
Loading new structure block : map_track
Loading new structure block : party_template
Loading new structure block : party_record
Loading new structure block : party
Loading new structure block : party_stack
Loading new structure block : player_party_stack
Loading new structure block : map_event_record
Loading new structure block : map_event
Loading new structure block : troop
Loading new structure block : item
Loading new structure block : item_kind
Loading new structure block : string
number of structure blocks loaded : 21

====LOADING SLOTNAMES FILES :

Slot File succefully loaded. faction:180 item:61 party:520 partyTemplate:5 troops:165

====LOADING GLOBAL VAR BEHAVIOUR FILES :

GVar behaviours File succefully loaded with 9 new entries.

====LOADING MODULE FILES :

number of troops loaded : 619
INI File Loaded.
Variables.txt file loaded : 499
quests.txt file loaded : 41
party_templates.txt file loaded : 48
scenes.txt file loaded : 412
item_kinds1.txt file loaded : 433
factions.txt file loaded : 31

====LOADING SAVEGAME FILES :

0% : game/header/magic_number time : 307.076
=============ERROR : Could not find variable at path : player_party.num_stacks, lets assume it's 1

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mighty Atom

Welcome, Mighty Atom. I'm not too familiar with the inner workings of the program, but comparing your output to one of mine when I open my Prophesy of Pendor game, the next line after "====LOADING SAVEGAME FILES :" should be the path to your saved game. For me it's in My Documents\Mount&Blade Warband savegames\Prophesy of Pendor 3.8\sav01.sav (or something like that, I'm on lunch break at work right now so can't check exactly).

My general advice would be:

Make sure you've patched Warband to the latest version.
If you're using a mod, make sure that's up to date, too.
Ensure that you navigate to the right module folder where the game is located (e.g. Modules\Prophesy of Pendor 3.:cool:.
Ensure that you navigate to the associated saved game for that module.

Perhaps one of the more knowledgeable players here might be able to pinpoint the problem, if it has something to do with the player_party.num_stack bit. I am only very vaguely familiar with the various entries in the save file myself and have no idea how most of them tie in with the game proper.

Hope you manage to get it working, it's a great application.

-John

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. I definitely have it pointing to the right saved game place. Tried a couple of times but same error. Just seems to remove the actual path from the log, but it does show up in the DOS command line while running.

I'm pretty sure I check the version as I'm only running the original game and was only installed last week through GOG. I'm also pretty sure I navigated to the correct module place. I can post the path used when I jump on that machine if that helps.

Hopefully someone with more in-depth knowledge of the program sees my post and comes to my rescue... :razz:

Thanks

Mighty Atom

Sorry I couldn't be much help, have you had any luck yet? It might sound counterintuitive, but have you considered installing a mod (I can highly recommend Prophesy of Pendor for single player games, or The Last Days if you're a Lord of the Rings fan) and seeing if it loads a saved game up properly with that?

On the adding items to an existing save front, I haven't had much luck yet. I used Morgh's item editor to amend the item_kinds1.txt file and it all looks good, but then when I create a new save and check it out with the save editor, the new items have 0 slots and no stats, while the original items have 128 slots and a bunch of stats with them. I need to get that part working if I'm ever going to try to copy it over to an existing save, any ideas? Do I have to amend an item index somewhere?

-John

Met with some success, just thought I'd update you all here in case it's useful for anyone else.

I couldn't find a way to add more items, the mod might have hit a hard cap on the number of items. In the end I tweaked existing items and that worked. Method was to create a new save game after editing item_kinds1.txt with Morgh's editor, then to open both the current game's save and the new save with the save game editor. Then change all the fields in the new save that appear after the various items (face settings, kill count etc.) to match those of the current game's save. Export the new save and open both it and the current save with a hex editor (I used HxD). Search for the total number of items as listed in the save game editor (for Prophesy of Pendor it was 1,414) as a 32-bit number in the new save, keep finding that value until you get to the last one, then copy everything onwards from that point and paste it into the current save (search for the number of items again to find the last occurrence), replacing everything from that point on. You're basically cutting the tail off of the new save and slapping it over the current save.

That seems to be working with no problems. Just wish I could've added brand new items, ah well.

-John

I can't for the life of me edit any saves.

I'm trying to modify my relationships with several different people by editing the reputation toward player thing in below "slots" but it never updates. If I reopen the saves with the editor, the edited values are still there but nothing changes in game. Help?

EDIT: I'm a ****ing moron. My firewall had sandboxed the editor without me noticing. Removed it and it worked. I was so sure I had disabled that thing......

Learn from me and don't be stupid.

kushulain said:
gdwitt said:
I'm working on a project to push several skill caps.
I only see 5 skills for each "troop".
What do they represent?
Is there a way edit specific ones?
Why are the skill levels named with such strange numbers?
Thanks,
GD

hope you enjoy maths, and binary...
Otherwise this image should help you to understand :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57159442/photos/MnBSkillsHowTo.JPG

Skills are 4bits value (from 0 to 15) stored through 6 integers.

-First look at the right column what is the number of your skill. (if you are using a mod, then you should see this list in the mod's directory \MountBlade Warband\Modules\ModName\skills.txt)
-Then look at the middle of the image to see where the 4 bits of your skill is located and in which skill variable.
-Open your save game editor, copy and paste the skill value to this website (in "Decimal") :
http://www.mathsisfun.com/binary-decimal-hexadecimal-converter.html
-It will translate to binary, change the 4 bits pack you are interested in. You can get help from my image (the binary list on the right) to easily know what to type in.
-Copy and paste the new website value to the original value in the game save.

The image no longer exists, so I'm unable to follow this guide.

Could anyone please explain what I have to do to change my companions' skills? I don't understand what the values under #skills mean.

(I am using the Prophesy of Pendor mod and I am trying to change Lethaldiran's skills.)

Quite a handy tool!
I've been tinkering with it a bit but can't find a way to modify the fief assignment min/max values in there. Anyone knows how?

Okay so I am playing clash of kings and I want to force some factions to war, but when I go to factions there is like just 50 faction numbers and I haven't a clue how figure out which damn numbers are which factions. Anyone have a list of those?

http://prntscr.com/fw9x3x

Ponder said:
I've determined 2 things of note:

1, I can confirm that the save game editor works with Viking Conquest Reforged. (Trying to alter the save file concerning a character in a certain new erm, quest...)

2, I expanded on kushulain's list of item modifier codes through trial and error, I'm now pretty certain they're consistent across most, if not all mods:

--Weapons (slots 0-3):
Masterwork: 285212672
Tempered : 234881024
Balanced : 226492416
Heavy : 419430667
Large Bag: 704643072

--Armor (slots 4-7):
Lordly : 486539264
Reinforced: 452984832
Thick : 419430400

--Mounts (slot 8 ):
Champion: 603979876
Heavy: 301990148

--Food
Exquisite: 268435456

I haven't tried it, but you may break something if you assign a modifier to an item that doesn't support it, I recommend Morgh's M&B WB-WFAS editor to look up what modifiers are compatible with the items you want to mod. If enough people ask, I could be tempted to look up more.

Other than that, this is proving to be an excellent tool, wish I found it much sooner; After 6 in game months of restock checking every store, I was SICK of looking for champion chargers in Dipomacy! Just one thing: any chance the next version can save the mod module/savegame path so we don't have to reenter it every time we start the tool?
Added Heavy for Mounts and Food for Inventory

kushulain said:
We can change Lord's and Party's faction for sure, but i haven't tried myself, don't know if it will work well.

I think you should change the faction value here :
-party_records/-Lord name-'s Party/party/faction_id
-troops/trp_knight_x_x_Lords_name/faction_id

for each lords.

There are also some other value about faction, but i don't think they are important :
-troop/trp_..../slots/slot_troop_original_faction (14)
-troop/trp_..../slots/slot_troop_change_to_faction (55)

Tell me if you manage to do what you want ! Finding all the lords party will be a bit tricky as there is no search function and they seems disordered.
Good luck !

That worked. I even brought back the Sultan as my vassal by only modifying his "troops" entry. I did the same change to Arwa the pretender in "troops", but she didn't show in my vassal list nor re-spawned in my capital. It's fun to modify the game like this. It'd be much appreciated if you could find a way to vassalize Arwa.

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue with my VC save game.
I think that my situation as a bit more complicated as I have read this post entirely and did everything that was mentioned here.

Why I think it's more complicated (or maybe I do not know where to look on the Editor)... Well, is kinda of a long story.

I finished the campaign and became a vassal of Danmark. Mostly, I played close to the Jorvik area and had a refugee there. It seemed normal to me that at that point my personal colour was the factions colour (also the refugee) and had the same relations as my serving kingdom.

However, at some point, I decided to renounce my oath and went and conquered Friese and became king. At that time, even if my relations and colour with other factions changed, I noticed that my refugee kept the same colour.

Anyhow, at this point I started war with Danmark. In the beginning, things were looking good.....

However, after some point, my personal colour (player faction 14) turned as my refugee's. In other words, on map my kingdom is shown as enemy in terms of colour (red) and Danmark is friendly (green).
Dunno why... but my relations in-game remained the same.  I mean that I can enter my cities and villages and so on...

My issue is that my vassals, caravans, villagers, etc. are running from me and the people of Danmark are not (even if I can attack them when I am talking with them).

Are there any ideas how I can change this? Idk, I worked on the faction relations on editor with my personal, supporters and Danmark; changed also my personal colour but nothing seems to work.
Is there something that I am missing?

I dunno how to fix this.

Thanks a lot.

P.S. In end I managed to find it :grin:. It was on the party records as you guys mentioned above. Thanks again for the help

I am at war with the northern kingdom.
How can I bring peace?
I do not know what parameters to change.

I use Floris Mod

Hi everyone.
There's a problem to open saved file.

I get an error in console :
"terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std"

My os is Windows7, saved file's size is about 11mb.

Does anyone know what the problem is?
Is there any other way to edit/convert .sav file?

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi guys! I have the same issue, as fellow in this thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,351518.0.html
What I need to change to enable quests from a major(Jorvik in my case)?

Hello.

How can I use this tool to remove (delete) a character from my save game? Specifically, I'm talking about Viking Conquest and a certain hero who turned into an adventurer.

Reginhard, whom I killed at the Holmgang. He has an army now and serves one of the factions.

So I used this many months ago for Clash of Kings and it worked great to make neutral factions go to war but I got a new computer and have re downloaded the save game editor and now I can't seem to figure it out.

I open it up, set the first text bar to ACOK 5.0 in Mount and Blade Save Games then the next bar I set to the sg00.sav file and I also have tried the last save game one and then in the black box it says
=============ERROR : Unable to find troop file : C:/Users/Levi/Documents/Mount&Blade Warband Savegames/ACOK 5.0/troops.txt
=============ERROR : Unable to find INI file : C:/Users/Levi/Documents/Mount&Blade Warband Savegames/ACOK 5.0/module.ini
=============ERROR : Unable to find variables.txt file : C:/Users/Levi/Documents/Mount&Blade Warband Savegames/ACOK 5.0/variables.txt
=============ERROR : Unable to find quests.txt file : C:/Users/Levi/Documents/Mount&Blade Warband Savegames/ACOK 5.0/quests.txt
=============ERROR : Unable to find party_templates.txt file : C:/Users/Levi/Documents/Mount&Blade Warband Savegames/ACOK 5.0/party_templates.txt
=============ERROR : Unable to find scenes.txt file : C:/Users/Levi/Documents/Mount&Blade Warband Savegames/ACOK 5.0/scenes.txt
=============ERROR : Unable to find item_kinds1.txt file : C:/Users/Levi/Documents/Mount&Blade Warband Savegames/ACOK 5.0/item_kinds1.txt
=============ERROR : Unable to find factions.txt file : C:/Users/Levi/Documents/Mount&Blade Warband Savegames/ACOK 5.0/factions.txt

anyone know how to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom