Save Game Editor / Convertor

Users who are viewing this thread

Does anyone know of a global variable that affects the ship movement of the player and lords in VCRE?

I am trying to work through a bug where all NPC lords and my player are stuck in one spot at see and unable to move. Doesn't seem to affect other NPCs as vikings, slave traders, etc. are still putting around as normal. This may have happened whilst in cheat mode but eh, if you're not cheatin' you ain't trying hard enough.

I'll give this a few days before trying the over VC Support forum. Cheers!

kalarhan said:
konakona said:
Is it possible to use the savegame editor to take over the throne of an existing faction?

short answer is no. Longer answer is look at "script_activate_player_faction" and try to execute all those steps manually (via editor) if you want to (some wont be possible like notes).

best way is to use code or just cheats (you can conquer a faction in a couple minutes with cheats, then disable them and play normally).
How about switching to another faction as a vassal? I need to be a vassal or mercenary of another faction for a quest in A Clash of Kings. I don't want to desert and returned to my current faction because I'd lose my fiefs and stuff.

Wondering if anyone could help,

I was mid Prophesy of Pendor game and I wanted to change the faction colours. I used this editor and succeeded to change the colours (just wanted them slightly darker) but the campaign map location and character names have disappeared. Bug shown in image attached.

I only changed the faction colour numbers, anyone know what could have caused this?

Attachments

• 20190921173559_1.jpg
    20190921173559_1.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 12
Hi all,

converting a save from two native versions has removed my minister completely. (it put the companion back in the tavern, and you need a minister to change minister)

anyone know if I can ever get a new one? otherwise its kind of savegame-breaking.

I'm using Prophesy of Pendor 3.8 And I can't load any saves, it says something like "std length error Basic string resize". Can someone help me?.
I had the same problem. It's because your username may contain weird character that the program cannot access. Just copy your save to a different location (preferably in less complicated directory path) and edit it from there.

Hi everyone!
My character got 'cloned' somehow. In the game world there are 2 separate, but exactly the same characters: 1st is in my party, which is obviously good, but a second one has its own party (Deserters). He never recruits troops, if any soldier is in his party it's from winning battles (and enlisting captives). Most of the time he is being defeated or captured which make my character unavailable for NPCs. For example i want to gather army as a marshal and every vassal asked for his plans says something like "I'm acting independently, because our marshal is currently indisposed". It is not breaking my actual game, but its irritating.
I tried defeating and capturing my "alter ego" but none of this worked. He acts like any other NPC lord, difference is this one isn't part of any faction.

Tried to use MnB SaveGameEditor to delete him, but i guess "modify only" means that removing objects is not possible as well. My question then: Is there any value in party_records or player_info etc that is responsible for "existance" of an object? Can I "kill" a character?
Edit: Mod: Diplomacy
83TOY.png

How do I edit the actual save file instead of the other txt files in the module folder? I am editing the correct fields as far as I can tell but the save file remains unchanged while the other txt files get edited.

Getting this error when trying to load a save using AWOIAF mod:

long string, continue? game/map_event_records/map_event/unused/text/text

Any idea what's going on?

Hello people,
I'm new to all this so I don't have a lot of knowledge on how all this works so, is it possible to change my own faction's culture? and how do I do that.
Also is it possible to manually make the other kings recognize you as a monarch? It's really frustrating that i know have 60-70+ relations with them with the amount of gifts I've offered yet they still keep on omitting titles.

Back
Top Bottom