Sandboxing equipment (customizable weapons, armour, and horses) (Upd09-02)

Users who are viewing this thread

On bows I need all the help I can get. I am measuring speeds of thrust and swing of weapons of differing length now, to better reflect damages and speeds, I however, have only one bow, so can't measure adequately. I have no crossbows as well, that is even harder...

Ah, but with crossbows the relationships between the parts you change is much more simple.

Essentially you only have two or three things to worry about:
> Draw weight (Which directly increases reload time, range, speed & damage)
> Construction weight (You could make a crossbow out of higher quality and lighter materials to reduce the weapon weight)
> Draw mechanism (Hand, belt hook or winch - each increases the users effective strength which reduces the reload time for the crossbow)

I thought so. I am not yet ready to do that, the melee weapons, throwing weapons and bows took all of my time until now, especially when I decided to measure the speeds and damages (damage in this case is displacement of a 5 kg weight + the amount of layers of fabric pierced)

Research complete! I have tested pikes, swords, axes and extrapolated polearms and curved swords from there, then, add math, simmer for a few hours and you get this:

http://www.imageshare.com/folder_detail.aspx?directory_id=23837

I have completed a python script that asks for length, taper, fuller, width and quality and returns the damageslash, damage thrust, speed pierce, speed thrust, required strength (all former both two handed and one-handed) weight and price of a sword. just polearms, spears, curved swords, impact weapons, throwing weapons, crossbows, bolts, self bows, composite bows, and arrows to go. But that will be for another night, finding out how python works and typing and debugging 350-odd lines is enough for me for one night.

Great thread!
I just wanted to post when I saw it´s sinking beyond Attention!

It would be great to go to a Blacksmith after winning a few tournaments and order a great sword just exactly after one´s wishes and a pair of good gloves with let´s say armor 10 and weight 0.5 for let´s say 25000 denars...

I hope someone still holds on this idea...

Hey mate, two pointers:

1. Although this thread is very interesting, and one I'd never seen before, you're not supposed to resurrect long-dead threads. Although I'm not sure how serious it really is in this case, you're better off leaving dead threads lying dead. :razz:
2. Don't double-post. The only kind of threads where double posts are generally accepted are the Werewolf threads where you're not supposed to edit. Outside of the werewolf threads, please use the "edit" button as it allows you to revise/repair/improve your message. :razz:

The idea is nice though. Sounds like quite some work, but definitely nice. Take it up with the modding section, maybe you can have a go at it yourself? :smile:

I am sorry, the code is not as yet implementable into the game (and the project is at a standstill with me), it is not possible to generate them, I would have to make all of them, but am at a loss how to do it within one lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom