Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
BetterExceptionWindow

Yaz_94

Recruit
Hi everyone,
My game has just started crashing whilst my party is moving on the world map and I started to rotate the camera using right mouse button. Updated Crash Report

On another crash report that I'm struggling to upload says that the crash is due to:

Source: SandBox.View
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Another part of the crash report is this:

Inner exception callstack:No inner exception was thrown
Outer exception callstack: at SandBox.View.Map.PartyVisual.WieldMeleeWeapon(PartyBase party, Int32& wieldedItemIndex)
at SandBox.View.Map.PartyVisual.AddMobileIconComponents(PartyBase party, Boolean& clearBannerComponentCache, Boolean& clearBannerEntityCache)
at SandBox.View.Map.PartyVisual.RefreshPartyIcon(PartyBase party)
at SandBox.View.Map.PartyVisual.TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.IPartyVisual.Tick(Single realDt, Single dt, PartyBase party)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.PartyBase.Tick(Single realDt, Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.RealTick(Single realDt)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapState.OnMapModeTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.Game.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick_Patch2(Module this, Single dt)

Edit: I have disabled all mods, now the game just crashed when loading
Edit 2: Reinstalled the game, got a little further but then crashed again with same issue.

GPU: GTX970
CPU: i7 6700k
Ram: 16gb DDR4

If anyone has any idea whats causing it, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Hello, please let me know if you can reproduce the issue on a new campaign after manually removing the mod files and verifying the integrity of the game files.

Hello, please let me know if you can reproduce the issue on a new campaign after manually removing the mod files and verifying the integrity of the game files.
Hey thanks for the response!
I have just removed my mods from the modules folder and have verified the integrity of the game files via steam. I then pressed New Campaign in the main menu and it loaded for a minute then my game closed without any error message or anything. I will try reinstall the game and attempt to start from fresh. I'll also see if i can make it to the new campaign menu and i'll start enabling my mods one by one so i can see. If you have any further suggestions please lemme know. Thanks!

Hey man, I got an exact same crashes! I am using an overhaul mod as well so I think this causes it. How are you using Adonnay's Troop Changer? can you try disabling that and see if the bug still exists?
@uçanbiblo can you pass it to some developer and ask why would only modifying the troop xmls cause null exceptions like this?

Back
Top Bottom