Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Whenever I try to launch from my desktop shortcut, the launcher will pop up for a few seconds and then crash. If I bypass the launcher, I am able to launch the game however I get errors stating that I van not create saves or config files. I have spent hours trying to remedy the issue doing clean installs and other things recommended on this and other forums but have yet to resolve the crash and save issues. I cant post a link to my launcher log because my account is too new so im just going to paste it below.

Loading assembly: TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Steam.dll

Assembly load result: SUCCESS
Can't reset context
Loading FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular font, at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\LauncherGUI\Fonts\FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular/FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular.fnt
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Multiplayer\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Multiplayer.GDK.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Multiplayer\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedServer.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Multiplayer\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCommunityServer.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Multiplayer\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Multiplayer\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.Official.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Multiplayer\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.WebPanel.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Multiplayer\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ListedServer.MapServer.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.PS.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.GDK.dll
Init LauncherModsDLLManager
Total startup time: 1.0160
Max Dexree of Parallelism is set to: 14
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at TaleWorlds.Library.TypeCollector`1.Instantiate(String typeName, Object[] parameters)
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.BaseTypes.TextureWidget.UpdateTextureWidget()
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.BaseTypes.TextureWidget.OnUpdate(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.EventManager.Update(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.StandaloneUIDomain.Update()
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.WindowsFramework.MessageLoop()
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at TaleWorlds.Library.TypeCollector`1.Instantiate(String typeName, Object[] parameters)
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.BaseTypes.TextureWidget.UpdateTextureWidget()
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.BaseTypes.TextureWidget.OnUpdate(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.EventManager.Update(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.StandaloneUIDomain.Update()
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.WindowsFramework.MessageLoop()
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.WindowsFramework.Start()
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.Program.Main(String[] args)

How to Reproduce: Run the launcher/ Try to make a save
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
GPU Driver Version: 536.40
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
RAM: 2 sticks of 8 gig (16 total) Corsair CMR16GX4M2C3000C15
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB / Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB

Hey, have you tried these steps? Please let me know if the issue is persistent after the steps. Sorry for the inconvenience.
‘Launcher not Launching’ / Game is not launching Workarounds
If you experiencing any issues with the launcher, you can try the workarounds here to fix the issue.

Hey, can you please share your Crash ID with me so we can further inspect the issue? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom