[S/WB]Empire III The Campaign old thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and my posse:

Also, I found a Spirited Belgian horse that only shows hooves in the Merchant window.  It shows up ok when clicked upon, and also ok in game.

Quote from: Richard_Bennerisonachuke on February 03, 2015, 03:39:16 PM

"- I'm not sure this is a coding issues but I was wondering if there was a way to reduce the lag travelling across the map with ctrl+space. I have no issue traveling on other big mods but this one just seems to lag.

lag has always been a issue, there are so many parties on screen and alot of background calculations going on, thought it was mostly took care of though

----
Quote from: Richard_Bennerisonachuke on February 03, 2015, 03:39:16 PM

- Why when I keep starting the game am I super slow. I have tried giving myself max athletics, riding, path finding and agility at the start of the game and I am still going 2.0 during the day.

I only have path finding 1 and travel 3.9 at night, you must not be resting and are exhausting your party

========
  I'll work on these two problems during March, or perhaps #2 will be sooner as I'm close to that section of code now.
  Still big issues at my day job this week but expect to have them tamed in a few more days.  Its probably a good thing I'm busy now as it helps
my boss to decide to not disturb my position, which happens to be great for coding if she decides to leave it be.  Anyway they know I'll give them 15 hours a day if needed (like now, am doing a remote backup/patch for day job even while writing this and its 19:05 local time Saturday). 

This mod is amazing and lag bumps can be reduced by splitting timer based activities across more than one timer call BUT at the cost of loss of savegame, so that's a thing to approach carefully and cautiously.  I can probably adjust the exhaustion aspect to put a warning when your troops are too tired, and you can choose to continue or not as you wish.  I think most of the Rigale stuff can be made smoother soon, as I'm working on that now, or would be if work wasn't having a huge fire this week.  Its a pretty small piece of Empires but that's the fatigue code that slowed you.  Unlike most mods, Empires has so much happening in it I'll need longer to get oriented before I can be of practical value to Lors, although apparently he suspects I will be up to it sooner or later. I hope so, too but will keep my fingers crossed where no one notices  :wink:

Decided my SSD will have Warband 1.158 and an SSHD will have 1.153+WSE at work, so the two environments will stay "clean". 
  Really this project has so many things happening I don't know what will surprise me next.  Working navy? Sea trade? So many more factions? And not a Princess in sight (joking, I hope...)

- GS

Hi GS the lag could use some work, but the fatigue system is fine, people just don't pay attention to the on screen readout

dragos said:
The background image is too bright :cry:

Darkened

Added MalikCompanions there are 108 companions now
Added female armors from surrealarms

103s70x.jpg

Just spent time trying to get door to and from tavern in Praven to work.  Deleted entry points and passages (even the one in the bordello), and installed new ones with correct numbers.  Still wouldn't work; showed in game just like original ones (in Mod).  I'm puzzled  :???:

Some of the new companions

2iaes0z.jpg
30nf6s9.jpg
azb43l.jpg
2qtlhqh.jpg
2vuiopi.jpg
4uunhk.jpg
2ry1rua.jpg
2ljouu9.jpg

Hire whatever troop you want from the tavern keeper or the bar keep

dq3tat.jpg
1zlszkw.jpg

Lor Dric said:

2iaes0z.jpg
30nf6s9.jpg
azb43l.jpg
2qtlhqh.jpg
2vuiopi.jpg
4uunhk.jpg
2ry1rua.jpg
2ljouu9.jpg

dq3tat.jpg
1zlszkw.jpg

I like the hiring system!
Is it more pricey than regular recruiting?

Pizzaraider said:
Lor Dric said:

2iaes0z.jpg
30nf6s9.jpg
azb43l.jpg
2qtlhqh.jpg
2vuiopi.jpg
4uunhk.jpg
2ry1rua.jpg
2ljouu9.jpg

dq3tat.jpg
1zlszkw.jpg

I like the hiring system!
Is it more pricey than regular recruiting?

so far what I've checked costs the same

Added stuff from Grim Age, thanks Furok

Humanizing horses and armor, horses, helms, and boots are done raider armor is done chaos armor is done

1zpmebt.jpg
4rstwy.jpg
wrizx0.jpg
339u9gz.jpg
25us9sh.jpg

Pizzaraider said:
You should totally make a tribal faction with these armours and horses. Damn, that´d be some scary army

For the Yarg Empire

updated features and kingdom names on page one

Looking for dedicated play testers

Looking for a coder that is better than me (which isn't saying much I suck at coding)

Any objections to a couple of fantasy mounts? You are playing someones nightmare

2hhq9vm.jpg
2s6u74j.jpg

Lor Dric said:
Looking for a dedicated person to be my second, need someone good at organizing, play testing and moderating
What do you mean with that?

Oh, and aren't those screenshots from Perisno? :lol:

Reus said:
Lor Dric said:
Looking for a dedicated person to be my second, need someone good at organizing, play testing and moderating
What do you mean with that?

Oh, and aren't those screenshots from Perisno? :lol:

I'm pre looking for a second in case I can get a sub forum

I'm a Perisno Dev as well and I haven't put the mounts in Empire III yet, I want some opinions first, Mich doesn't like the spider, they are only in my version of Perisno

Yeah, I know you're a Perisno developer.

I can help you if you get a board. I am a bit packed at the moment with all kinds of things to work with, but I'm constantly active on the forums, so I should have time.

Reus said:
Yeah, I know you're a Perisno developer.

I can help you if you get a board. I am a bit packed at the moment with all kinds of things to work with, but I'm constantly active on the forums, so I should have time.

I know you know

Gsanders said they would, but they aren't very active in this thread yet, so I'm looking for someone that wants to be dedicated to this mod

all the Grim Age  Chaos armors are in except the gloves, can't seem to get them to work

281g6pz.jpg
2le3szn.jpg
2eajrbp.jpg
vgn5up.jpg
1zhysg.jpg
2wc1teq.jpg

Bring me shrubbery 
2a99kbq.jpg

Lor Dric said:

Looking for a coder that is better than me (which isn't saying much I suck at coding)

Sorry about that, I haven't gotten anything done here.  Have you given thought as to what this mod would be like without WSE?
I should do something useful here, to repay your kindness.
  Maybe I'll see how many features get gimped without WSE, as a technical review.
  Also I'd like to review the source with WRECK.
  And I can update Rigale

Those 3 projects should keep me busy beyond February, so its right that you get at least 1 more coder to make the progress you deserve.  Darned impressive resources/items/troops/companions list.  You make me look idle so far as productivity...

- GS
-----
further Edit Monday morning:
  bah left source at home / mega removed
  but using the morning to test if  WSE 4.04 && Warband 1.166 can be made to work, else 1.153 d/ling now to "work" PC* (except its really from my home).
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,324890.0.html

It IS interesting its just WSE makes it more difficult to install.  I'd like to see later if WSE can be comfortably removed from the source, or if that nerfs too many features.  My (brief) understanding is many multiplayer features needed WSE and some things like burning arrows, but generally WSE was not needed for most of it.  I'll be most curious to see... as no WSE makes it eligible for Steam if can update to 1.166 Warband support.

Got WSE 3.2.0 & Warband 1.153 running this per Pizzaraider's guide, easy to do thanks. 

Trying in separate folder 1166 & WSE 4
  Installed Warband 1166 but editing WSE to auto-launch Warband kept trying to spawn warband for 1.153 and getting an error.
  Ahh a little investigation shows I need to edit the path stored by Warband in Windows registry with Regedit and search for Warband. 

A little later I ended up uninstalling 1.153 via Control Panel: programs and applications: Mount & Blade Warband (uninstall)
then reinstalling 1.166 so that the path to mb_warband.exe is clear of all but 1.166 path info
Now WSE 4.0.4 finds Warband correctly and loads; AVG then claims a "threat" unspecified, which is the editing of program code as data, and in this case entirely normal not a "virus".  Virus programs also edit code and one of Win 8 defaults is to block this by
default selecting "turn on DEP Data Execution Prevention for all programs and services except those I select"
  you'd have to set this to "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" OR make an exception for WSE

My 1.158 launcher at my C: drive SSD still exists/runs because I link to it directly from a desktop icon.
  It's always good to shave 20-30 seconds off Perisno loads, as it has many textures.  I'd do the same for Empires except
I'm not at all a fan of the downgrade_called_1.166 so will use it "sparingly".  Don't change what isn't broken, please, Taleworlds...

Instead I ran Warband 1.166 directly (there is a folder WSE v4.0.4 placed alongside "modules" folder with the wse_settings.ini having a path added like this:
;Path where WSE created files are stored (empty for default)
storage_path = F:\Mount&Blade Warband_1166\WSE v4.0.4\

Anyway when I launch Warband.exe directly (v 1.166) I actually am able to run Empires III  What issues I see look like things outside WSE, and are more technical issues at the compiler level, fairly easily cleaned up if I have more time.
(3 weeks? 4?)

Lor Dric is super active so I suppose there will be new beta load and resources in a few hours.
  I just wanted to say maybe its working with 1.166. 

gsanders said:
Lor Dric said:

Sorry about that, I haven't gotten anything done here.  Have you given thought as to what this mod would be like without WSE?
I should do something useful here, to repay your kindness.
  Maybe I'll see how many features get gimped without WSE, as a technical review.
  Also I'd like to review the source with WRECK.
  And I can update Rigale

Those 3 projects should keep me busy beyond February, so its right that you get at least 1 more coder to make the progress you deserve.  Darned impressive resources/items/troops/companions list.  You make me look idle so far as productivity...

- GS
-----
further Edit Monday morning:
  bah left source at home / mega removed
  but using the morning to test if  WSE 4.04 && Warband 1.166 can be made to work, else 1.153 d/ling now to "work" PC* (except its really from my home).
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,324890.0.html

It IS interesting its just WSE makes it more difficult to install.  I'd like to see later if WSE can be comfortably removed from the source, or if that nerfs too many features.  My (brief) understanding is many multiplayer features needed WSE and some things like burning arrows, but generally WSE was not needed for most of it.  I'll be most curious to see... as no WSE makes it eligible for Steam if can update to 1.166 Warband support.

Got WSE 3.2.0 & Warband 1.153 running this per Pizzaraider's guide, easy to do thanks.  Trying in separate folder 1166 & WSE 4

I didn't know if you were still interested, hadn't heard from you. sent you new link for source, will upload new prebeta 2 game files later today. WSE is needed for my horses.
go ahead and upgrade to 1.166 should work if you follow the install guide. wreck might not work as some of the mod merger files were manually added to the source
sorry had to delete stuff I only have a 5 gig cloud drive

Slayth said:
Just spent time trying to get door to and from tavern in Praven to work.  Deleted entry points and passages (even the one in the bordello), and installed new ones with correct numbers.  Still wouldn't work; showed in game just like original ones (in Mod).  I'm puzzled  :???:

me too, I gave up trying to fix them

Reus said:
I'm dedicated to everything I work with. I wouldn't offer my help if I wasn't motivated or dedicated to the task.

you could start by play testing and giving feedback.

Will do.

By the way, you triple-posted, which is against the rules. You might want to do something about that before it goes wrong. Just a heads up.

Reus said:
Will do.

By the way, you triple-posted, which is against the rules. You might want to do something about that before it goes wrong. Just a heads up.

I know, you caught me before I was done that is how I do multi quotes

just a reminder Beta is closed will send out links when prebeta2 is uploaded , factions and scenes still aren't done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom