[S]Conquest of Nations Rome

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Archaon said:
Hey Luke, do you want me to create some custom armours for the leaders of each faction? something like that White Armour the Emperor wears at the end of the movie Gladiator, something to distinguish high ranked officers from soldiers as the Romans were known to do.
Epic Fail!! Do you know how historical inaccurate that movie was? Psycho emperor vs heavily trained, revenge-bent ex-general gladiator with a 'minor' cut. Yet he still struggled.

Excellent work on the mod and I can't wait to try it out! They look accurate and heaps better than the Sword of Damocles ones. There is a problem: why didn't you make the Romans kill the Nords, 'civilised vs barbies (barbarians)- no cotest, and Gauls kill khergits (cos they're khergits, enough said).
Just to make it clear; the Equites were pre-Marian. Only Equestrians (the middle class) could rode them cos they were the only ones who could afford them (Patricians (upper-class) could to but they were just the fat bastards who sat in Rome eating cake) and that's why they were called Equites. They were then replaced by either Roman Cavalry or Cavalry Auxilia (BTW Rome Total War is awesome and accurate but the roman cavalry troop tree is very dodgy).

Maybe the troop tree could split with the Roman legionary into everything up to Praetorian or something and an officer branch for Centurions up to Legates (commanding officer of the legion (4000-5000 men).

I thought I would never find a decent Warband mod with historically accurate Romans in single-player but I have found t light! You have my deepest gratitude (but now I have to differentiate between Roman Invasion and Brytenwalda!)

Thank you for the long, and descriptive reply, killer.  :razz:

Features I am Thinking of Adding:
Redoing Roman city's, so that they look Roman, and not Swadian.
Make the Gauls hate the Roman and the Romans hate the Gauls and all the other factions like each other but hate the Roman and Gauls.

Hey I was Wondering if there is a way that I could put Diplomacy in just untell u make it part of the core of the mod???

If you didn't notice already, you've spelt the cavalry units as 'calvary'. Just a small mistake you might have missed.

KingLuke said:
Thank you for the long, and descriptive reply, killer.  :razz:

Features I am Thinking of Adding:
Redoing Roman city's, so that they look Roman, and not Swadian.
Make the Gauls hate the Roman and the Romans hate the Gauls and all the other factions like each other but hate the Roman and Gauls.
That would make sense considering they were practically arch-enemies.

Well it's been a while since i posted xD i just tried the mod and it's looking awesome!!!  I hope u are aiming to a total conversion-like mod, i hope for the next version u can remove or change some details, for example the remaning medieval factions, weapons and armors, including the things in the arena, maybe aim for a gladiatoral setting... and even the warband backgrounds and stuff... and u might think about adding the formations mod, diplomacy and some other things, and maybe add some more troops, but i dunno xD don't wanna criticize much, the mod is just starting and its going in the right direction man!!! great job!!

another suggestion, do u think it will be possible to add some other color textures to the existing armors? like some mods have done, to create some diversity among the troops... anyways im gonna go play some more =P those legionaries rulz!!!

oh another thing, its like day 20 and i havent found any single gladius :S just a couple of spathas...

CXZAR said:
Well it's been a while since i posted xD i just tried the mod and it's looking awesome!!!  I hope u are aiming to a total conversion-like mod, i hope for the next version u can remove or change some details, for example the remaning medieval factions, weapons and armors, including the things in the arena, maybe aim for a gladiatoral setting... and even the warband backgrounds and stuff... and u might think about adding the formations mod, diplomacy and some other things, and maybe add some more troops, but i dunno xD don't wanna criticize much, the mod is just starting and its going in the right direction man!!! great job!!

another suggestion, do u think it will be possible to add some other color textures to the existing armors? like some mods have done, to create some diversity among the troops... anyways im gonna go play some more =P those legionaries rulz!!!

oh another thing, its like day 20 and i havent found any single gladius :S just a couple of spathas...
I'm glad you like the mod. And in the next release I'll be making the Roman and Gallic items more available in stores. And for a total conversion, I have already been tossing ideas around for my next mod, something with three factions, the Greeks, Roman and Gauls, new map, the works. But this mod, is when the Roman & Gauls invade Caladria.  But, I'm glad you like it.  :smile:

Download Fix:
This will make the Roman/Gallic items appear more in shops.
Download:
http://www.filefront.com/17418420/item_kinds1.txt/
Instructions:
Just drag and drop into the Roman Invasion folder and click yes to overwrite.

KingLuke said:
CXZAR said:

I'm glad you like the mod. And in the next release I'll be making the Roman and Gallic items more available in stores. And for a total conversion, I have already been tossing ideas around for my next mod, something with three factions, the Greeks, Roman and Gauls, new map, the works. But this mod, is when the Roman & Gauls invade Caladria.  But, I'm glad you like it.  :smile:

Download Fix:
This will make the Roman/Gallic items appear more in shops.
Download:
http://www.filefront.com/17418420/item_kinds1.txt/
Instructions:
Just drag and drop into the Roman Invasion folder and click yes to overwrite.
For a replacement, make the Greeks take over the Rhodoks. For a conquest, make the Greeks take over the Khergits since it's spearmen vs cavalry (and I don't like Khergits).

killer110 said:
Lord Archaon said:
Hey Luke, do you want me to create some custom armours for the leaders of each faction? something like that White Armour the Emperor wears at the end of the movie Gladiator, something to distinguish high ranked officers from soldiers as the Romans were known to do.
Epic Fail!! Do you know how historical inaccurate that movie was? Psycho emperor vs heavily trained, revenge-bent ex-general gladiator with a 'minor' cut. Yet he still struggled.

Yeah thanks for that, I don't care, it's a game, I said something like the armour? I didn't say "Hey Luke, want me to ad a story line where a phyco emperor fights a heavily trained revenge bent ex gladiator with a stab wound in his ribs?"
No I said do you want some Custom armour to differentiate highranked officers out of the rest of your army.... so in future think before you post.....

Lord Archaon said:
killer110 said:
Lord Archaon said:

Yeah thanks for that, I don't care, it's a game, I said something like the armour? I didn't say "Hey Luke, want me to ad a story line where a phyco emperor fights a heavily trained revenge bent ex gladiator with a stab wound in his ribs?"
No I said do you want some Custom armour to differentiate highranked officers out of the rest of your army.... so in future think before you post.....
Custom armour would be an excellent idea (but I'll claim it as my own) but you said like the white emperor so I thought you meant we should put that in or put something similar. BTW I just read a book about the Roman army today and it said that most cavalry were Auxilia.

And can you please fix Julius Caesar not Julius Ceaser. Also, can you put in a thing that lets you directly to to Guild Masters and Village Elders directly like in Diplomacy?

And can you please fix Julius Caesar not Julius Ceaser. Also, can you put in a thing that lets you directly to to Guild Masters and Village Elders directly like in Diplomacy?
Those have been added to my list. And can we try not to argue too much?

KingLuke said:
For a replacement, make the Greeks take over the Rhodoks. For a conquest, make the Greeks take over the Khergits since it's spearmen vs cavalry (and I don't like Khergits).
You mean add another invading faction?
Yes.

KingLuke said:
Those have been added to my list. And can we try not to argue too much?
I guess I need to update then. Ok, but I will make corrections and I will inform people when they make an epic fail.

KingLuke said:
Those have been added to my list.

Caius Julius Caesar would be even better, though.

Marcus Fulvius Optimus said:
KingLuke said:
Those have been added to my list.

Caius Julius Caesar would be even better, though.
Wasn't it spelt Gaius Julius Caesar?

Edit: And can you at least get the beard off Julius Caesar? He still looks like King Harlaus the Fat and that disturbs me (one is a great general the other is a feast king.)

Killer110: You mean make the Greeks take over the Khanate?

Download 1.2: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2328

Changelog:
1.2 - Makes Roman/Gallic Items more Available, Fixed Julius Caesar, Added Dialog to talk to Guild Masters and Village Elders from Town/Village menu, and Tavern Keepers Buy Prisoners

Edit:
Here's whats going on in my game at the moment.
The Praetorian Helmet is cracked, and the oval scutum is battered. Everything else is in good condition. Oh, and the Romans are at war with Gaul, Rhodocks and Veagirs. And I'm not a vassal yet.
My Inventory:
de5gg0.jpg

My Army:
2m82wy0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom