(S) Calradia 1050 A.D.: Mercenary Uprising mod (Old Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a lot of fun so far. Thank you for putting this together!

I haven't seen too many of them yet, but I really like the Rhodoks I've seen so far. I like how they're similar but slightly different/tweaked. Really like 'em and can't wait to see past the first few tiers.

It's a small thing, but one thing I miss when I don't have it is the camera controls being in WASD and not the arrows. I find it so fluid and comfy when I fall on the field to keep using those keys. Could that be an option?

Speaking of options, I haven't encountered them yet, but would it be possible to start as a Kelton(?iirc) ? Or is there some kind of limit to how many char-gen options you can have.

Having a blast so far. Thanks again. :smile:

WizardOfAtlantis said:
I'm having a lot of fun so far. Thank you for putting this together!

I haven't seen too many of them yet, but I really like the Rhodoks I've seen so far. I like how they're similar but slightly different/tweaked. Really like 'em and can't wait to see past the first few tiers.

It's a small thing, but one thing I miss when I don't have it is the camera controls being in WASD and not the arrows. I find it so fluid and comfy when I fall on the field to keep using those keys. Could that be an option?

Speaking of options, I haven't encountered them yet, but would it be possible to start as a Kelton(?iirc) ? Or is there some kind of limit to how many char-gen options you can have.

Having a blast so far. Thanks again. :smile:

I am glad you like the Rhodoks.  They have some new equipment and shields, although I was not able to get good LODs on the larger shields so they look a bit weird from a distance.

As for the camera, I think you can set the keys in the PBOD mod options.  You can configure some of the controls like shield bash, spear-bracing, and camera controls.  I always liked the mouse enable death cam myself.  Of course I would rather not get knocked out in the first place.

I didn't do anything to change the character creation aspects.  I had thought about incorporating a more advanced character creation system but decided not to.  You can serve as a Freelancer in any of the factions, including the Keltons and Khergiz.  Have fun!  Let me know if you run in to any issues.

I played your mod for a few hours and have some feedback,in overall the mod is great,but one thing is annoying me a bit,the names of some items are quite strange,some of them have letters in the end (e.g. kelton tunic E and so on).I am actually getting a warning when i enter in a tavern (Unmatched try_end; LINE NO:1 at menu_town item mno_town_tavern consequence).I have a suggestion too,what about use the factionizable items script,is quite strange find rhodoks armors in a swadian shop :smile:

Slavos said:
I played your mod for a few hours and have some feedback,in overall the mod is great,but one thing is annoying me a bit,the names of some items are quite strange,some of them have letters in the end (e.g. kelton tunic E and so on).I am actually getting a warning when i enter in a tavern (Unmatched try_end; LINE NO:1 at menu_town item mno_town_tavern consequence).I have a suggestion too,what about use the factionizable items script,is quite strange find rhodoks armors in a swadian shop :smile:

I have only seen the town_tavern_consequence notification when I was playing with edit mode enabled. 

As you noted, I didn't factionalize any items other than Northerner Horses.  I hadn't really thought of it being essential, since there is some degree of trade across the factions.  I will take your idea into consideration.

WizardOfAtlantis said:
I've seen a few get object mesh errors for skyboxes, when talking to people in dialog and in battle.

Thanks for letting me know.  I had installed the skyboxes in a much earlier version and have played many hours without ever having seen that error- until last night, after I had released the mod!

I only get the error when playing in WB version 1.168 with HDR mode disabled in video settings.  When HDR mode was enabled, I haven't seen the error. 

I don't know if this is the case for you.  If you want to disable the skybox addon, you can delete the skyboxes.txt file in the Calradia 1050 AD module Data folder and then change the load_mod_resource = skyboxes in module.ini  to load_resource = skyboxes.  I think you may also need to delete the skybox textures from the module's textures folder.

WizardOfAtlantis said:
hmm, I think I play the latest version with hdr disabled, too. I really like those skyboxes, though...

Me too.  I had never seen the error before because I have always played with HDR enabled.

By the way, I posted a fix for the Akkedan scene at ModDB.  The fix is save-game compatible.
It's funny that I didn't notice these little issues before release.  I tried to be very careful about my changes.  The problem was that I had made some scenes.txt changes to incorporate the siege pack but didn't make those changes to my module_scenes.py because I wasn't sure at the time if I was going to keep the siege pack in.  I later changed the town scene for Akkerman in my module_scenes.py but copied the old scenes.txt file with the siege pack integrated over my newly generated scenes.txt.  Dumb mistake. 

Anway, Akkedan will look better now.  It's just a copy of Halmar.  I had been working on modifying the scene in a previous version but decided I could do it sometime after release when I had more time to use the scene editor.

GreenStalker said:
Love the mod. I get some crashes here and there but nothing related to mod. Great mod once again!

GreenStalker,
That's good to hear.  I hope the crashes aren't mod related.  I tried to make the mod relatively light on resources, although it's still more of a load than native Warband.

If you do encounter any problems, please post them on this thread. 

I am especially interested to find out from players whether the spears seem effective enough, both for AI and player.
I increased the spear damage for all of the normal spears (not cutting spears) by about 5 points (for both piercing and blunt) and also added the two-strike spear animation.  The idea was to make spear wielding units, which are tiers 1-3, more effective without having to swing their spears.

Are the spears more effective than in native Warband?

I have thought about modifying the module_troops.py to change the way that wp_melee assigns points to 1-handed, 2-handed, and pole-arm.  For example, the default setting is that if wp_melee is set to n, the proficiency for 1-handed will be n +20, for 2-handed it will be n, for polearm it will be n +10.  I had thought about changing the equation to make polearm n +30 or something like that.  Let me know what you think.  Any changes to the equation will not be save-game compatible (the changes won't show up in your previously saved game). 

GreenStalker said:
Oh i forgot. The faction that's south of Sarradians. The guards in the capital they have a sword and it's missing a texture.

Thanks for letting me know.  I'll check in to it.  I haven't seen a missing texture in my game for those dudes but I will try to figure out what's going on.  Is it the sword or the scabbard?

As for the spears, I think they in and of themselves are doing well. They are fast and responsive, and you can keep up in the fight with them. As for how spear troops are doing, I need to see some more. I'm not too versed into Native, so I can't make any judgments there. Need to see how they hold up against kingdom troops.

I've noticed some problems with equipment upgrading for companions as regards to crossbow bolts. The companions seem to drop the bolts you've given them when you have the upgrade option set for bolts. I had all of them set to Apply to Everyone to upgrade their bolts, and kept finding them in the pool afterwards and no bolts equipped notwithstanding the availability of bolts to be had. Setting that option to keep what you have worked as a work-around.

Love the flag selection. Game runs pretty smoothly, too. :smile:

WizardOfAtlantis said:
As for the spears, I think they in and of themselves are doing well. They are fast and responsive, and you can keep up in the fight with them. As for how spear troops are doing, I need to see some more. I'm not too versed into Native, so I can't make any judgments there. Need to see how they hold up against kingdom troops.

I've noticed some problems with equipment upgrading for companions as regards to crossbow bolts. The companions seem to drop the bolts you've given them when you have the upgrade option set for bolts. I had all of them set to Apply to Everyone to upgrade their bolts, and kept finding them in the pool afterwards and no bolts equipped notwithstanding the availability of bolts to be had. Setting that option to keep what you have worked as a work-around.

Love the flag selection. Game runs pretty smoothly, too. :smile:

I recall that the companion weapon upgrading is a part of Diplomacy 4.2 integration of autoloot.  I have seen similar behavior in my own games in regards to bows and arrows, even in un-modded versions of Diplo 4.2 + PBOD.  I do what you suggested, I just have them keep what they are assigned.  I am glad the game runs nicely for you.  One thing I did not do was to give the player a choice of the new banners.  I will probably change this in the next version.

Redleg said:
I recall that the companion weapon upgrading is a part of Diplomacy 4.2 integration of autoloot.  I have seen similar behavior in my own games in regards to bows and arrows, even in un-modded versions of Diplo 4.2 + PBOD.  I do what you suggested, I just have them keep what they are assigned.  I am glad the game runs nicely for you.  One thing I did not do was to give the player a choice of the new banners.  I will probably change this in the next version.
Yeah, maybe it's just a missile weapon thing, then. That's not a big problem, really.

What do you mean by 'new banners'? There are others? I ask because there are some there that I haven't seen before (one, a black wave/mountain on a white field/top, that I really love). Speaking of banners, would it be a hassle to have an option to switch banners on the fly once the game has started and you've already chosen one? At times, I like picking a banner, seeing how it looks and then deciding after a bit if I want to keep it or not.

WizardOfAtlantis said:
Redleg said:
Yeah, maybe it's just a missile weapon thing, then. That's not a big problem, really.

What do you mean by 'new banners'? There are others? I ask because there are some there that I haven't seen before (one, a black wave/mountain on a white field/top, that I really love). Speaking of banners, would it be a hassle to have an option to switch banners on the fly once the game has started and you've already chosen one? At times, I like picking a banner, seeing how it looks and then deciding after a bit if I want to keep it or not.

I had to add 2 sets of new banners for the 2 new factions.  The new banners were from Quapittiy's Banners OSP.  Actually, I have the Khergit banners to the Khergiz and then gave the Eastern Province and Kelton's the banners I added.  The rest of the banners are Native, with the exception of 1 single banner which I created.

I will add your request about changing banners into my list of things to consider for the next major update.

Redleg said:
I will add your request about changing banners into my list of things to consider for the next major update.
It may sound whimsical to change banners, but what can I say? :smile: It's one of those things I've gotten used to doing. Thanks for considering it.

Redleg said:
GreenStalker said:
Oh i forgot. The faction that's south of Sarradians. The guards in the capital they have a sword and it's missing a texture.

Thanks for letting me know.  I'll check in to it.  I haven't seen a missing texture in my game for those dudes but I will try to figure out what's going on.  Is it the sword or the scabbard?

Both sword as scabbard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom