[S] Art of War RELEASED!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod needs hot ideas to make it better.
I'm thinking about new features to make this mod better, maybe i'll post my ideas later :wink:

Finnaly, here's my ideas:    :mrgreen:

Factions specific special troops:
these units should be an addtion to the troop trees.

Kingdom of Swadia - Swadian man-at-arms(currently called as knight) > *Swadian Knights*
*Swadian Knights*- well armoured with the items of native used by man at arms, heavy lances, bastard swords and shield.

Kingdom of Vaegirs - Vaegir Archer > *Vaegir Marksman*
*Vaegir Marksman*- same items used by vaegirs markmen in native with better arrows

Waiting for what you think about that.  :wink:

i think you should add the option to have all 16 heroes goto 1 tavern, unless thats already added.. i am dling now.

Brador said:

Kingdom of Swadia - Swadian man-at-arms(currently called as knight) > *Swadian Knights*
*Swadian Knights*- well armoured with the items of native used by man at arms, heavy lances, bastard swords and shield.

*Vaegir Marksman*- same items used by vaegirs markmen in native with better arrows

The idea is to keep the uniforms and troop trees as simple as possible, so no-no.

Temuzu said:
Brador said:

The idea is to keep the uniforms and troop trees as simple as possible, so no-no.

Oh, that's a pity. My idea is only to give to the factions the troops that made them famous.
You can keep the uniforms, but my idea is to give better weapons, if you agree.

Okay, there still are some units that supposedly shouldn't be in the game (such as Swadian Militia and Rhodok Sharpshooters), is this normal? Also, how do I stop them from spawning?

I dont think they spawn after you kill every single one thats in from the games beginning, atleast they shouldnt. And yeah, theyre a remnant from Native.

I am testing this mod out because I really like the idea that the different factions have their strengths and weaknesses and using those to your advantage is the key to victory. I really hope that rhodok pikemen are the most awesome pikemen there are and that their xbow men really are top of the prime. Looking forward to this :grin:

Ok, I have experienced a "bug" in this mod. Faction lords dont use the same troop tree as I do. :razz: Its a quite major bug actually since this mod is all about the new troop trees changing the gameplay. Besides from that Im loving it. Perhaps Rhodoks should get a bit better pikemen and an other "level" on their xbowmen giving them shields and better armor. That is sort of the essence of Rhodok: uber pikemen and armored xbowmen with board shields.

SaintTemplar, u have the same issue with this mod as u do with mine, turn your antivrus off - sounds like your using norton, what happens iirc is when you download the RAR, it does download it but shows it empty.

IMO norton is a virus, runs on your system in the background slowing you down & inhibits you ability to do doing menial tasks.
http://www.eset.com/ - best anti virus available.

in future to install, when you download a mod you will be presented with either a folder or an exe(i hate people who do it this way, so unnecessary) if its an exe, click it - you will then going through an install demo similar to seen in high street games, where you can select the install path.
X:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules

if its a folder containing the mod, just extract the whole folder into
X:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules

im hoping you know how to open RAR files...

SUBS said:
SaintTemplar, u have the same issue with this mod as u do with mine, turn your antivrus off - sounds like your using norton, what happens iirc is when you download the RAR, it does download it but shows it empty.

IMO norton is a virus, runs on your system in the background slowing you down & inhibits you ability to do doing menial tasks.
http://www.eset.com/ - best anti virus available.

Dude, thank you for your assistance, but I don't use norton I use microsoft security essentials. Also I don't know  what the difference is between a rar. file and the regular one.

Never mind everything I said. . . .  My computer just didn't have the right program to open zip files. I feel dumb as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom