[S] Art of War RELEASED!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baleur said:
Just one thing though, the faction troop colors, wont that be a bit dull in the long run with no variation?
Not really, but Im planning on recoloring some of the native armors to all the six factions colors.
Will they still use armor they loot and stuff?
Do they in native? If not, I dont think they do.

Also, being a "what looks good" freak, i'd rather have my troops be somewhat mixed in appearance as in vanilla, different shirts and one dude with leather armor and another dude in chainmail, goes well with whatever banner's colors you picked. Than if you imagine playing as the Rhodoks and their all-green troops in this mod, some shield colors would clash with that :razz:
As I answered above.
Thanks for critique. :smile:

Swadian Man at Arms said:
Quote: Faction troops have similar uniforms, for example, Swadia uses only Red clothes, Nords Blue etc.

I already did that when Warband was released. :wink:
Did you now? When, where, how?

This looks cool, I'll give this a try and report back if I notice any bugs. The simplified (Or optimized) troop trees seem (Without having tried them in-game) as if some factions would be getting their butts kicked by pretty much everything else, but I'll see for myself before I make a final decision :grin:

i will try this mod tomorow cuz now im tired to click that damn download button and wait for some time so i think this mod will be intresting :wink:

Bout time tactics were brought into this game. Its seemed that once you have some knights you destroy everything. Ill be trying this one out!

P.S.:When I was took prisoner by Rhodoks my money became    -4296752934 .I think it is a bug.

Huh. I dont know how the hell did that happen. Nor how to fix it. Maeby its from the native?

yeah thats a native problem ive seen it reported before

I like the concept.

Just a suggestion and a request: could you post more in-detail changes you made to the game.

For example:

Battles will be much more bloody, you can lose almost your entire army in a blink of an eye if you dont pay attention

You mean you made the soldiers more killable, like they take less to be killed? Or you...I don't know. If you could add more in depth description, to really know what's going on in this mod.

Or I'm making a big mistake, and all of these changes are made by modifying the troop trees :smile: If so, you have the right to kill/destroy/annihilate/behead/castrate me.

KuroiNekouPL said:
Temuzu said:
Go ahead, make a better mod, I doubt you can.
Yeah, I can't. So what?
So quit yo *****in'.

Elijah said:
Battles will be much more bloody, you can lose almost your entire army in a blink of an eye if you dont pay attention

You mean you made the soldiers more killable, like they take less to be killed? Or you...I don't know. If you could add more in depth description, to really know what's going on in this mod.

Or I'm making a big mistake, and all of these changes are made by modifying the troop trees :smile: If so, you have the right to kill/destroy/annihilate/behead/castrate me.
By saying the battles are more bloody, I meant that the troops are easier to kill. Like in native, an Nord Huscarl could take about 20-30 arrows with his shield before he died, not a unit without a shield will die from 1-4 arrows, 5 if lucky. Also, units weapons mean more, if you put youre pikemen against, say, Nord Infantry, they will chop em to pieces.

By saying the battles are more bloody, I meant that the troops are easier to kill. Like in native, an Nord Huscarl could take about 20-30 arrows with his shield before he died, not a unit without a shield will die from 1-4 arrows, 5 if lucky. Also, units weapons mean more, if you put youre pikemen against, say, Nord Infantry, they will chop em to pieces.

So with this easier to kill thing in mind are archers now pretty dam leathal?

@Temuzu : Thanks for the swift anwser. You should probably add that on the mod description. Nice thing. I would love to see a "REALISM MOD" so if you get a swing in the head or a pierce attack in the chest you would die in one hit.

Temuzu said:
Go ahead, make a better mod, I doubt you can.

Im sorry, i like your mod, but thats such a ****ing stupid thing to say..
Its like people saying "i'd like to see YOU do better" when someone has negative criticism towards a movie, as if being a movie director (or modder, or whatever) is a prerequisite for being allowed to have a friggin opinion on something..

And frankly i think lots of people could make a better mod since basically all you used was a tool that has been in the hands of a lot of modders for a long time, not exactly rocket science.
Learn to be more humble.

Baleur said:
Learn to be more humble.
Make me. :twisted:

corkbob said:

So with this easier to kill thing in mind are archers now pretty dam leathal?
This brings us back to tactics: You need the cavarly to take the archers out.

Temuzu said:
Baleur said:
Just one thing though, the faction troop colors, wont that be a bit dull in the long run with no variation?
Not really, but Im planning on recoloring some of the native armors to all the six factions colors.
Will they still use armor they loot and stuff?
Do they in native? If not, I dont think they do.

Also, being a "what looks good" freak, i'd rather have my troops be somewhat mixed in appearance as in vanilla, different shirts and one dude with leather armor and another dude in chainmail, goes well with whatever banner's colors you picked. Than if you imagine playing as the Rhodoks and their all-green troops in this mod, some shield colors would clash with that :razz:
As I answered above.
Thanks for critique. :smile:

Swadian Man at Arms said:
Quote: Faction troops have similar uniforms, for example, Swadia uses only Red clothes, Nords Blue etc.

I already did that when Warband was released. :wink:
Did you now? When, where, how?

It was for personal use, but hope your mod will be better. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom