[S]1257 AD (improved) - old discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i played the mod for a long time but if you implent the RCM, please give us the option to switch between the original speed and the RCM speed.

in RCm i often didnt even had the time to setup my troops before the enemy horseman has reached me.

thank gud for make this mod and i argee with tmh47 say these name and we will translate it to danish  (sry bad english)

http://viduramziu.istorija.net/en/ Heres a site with Medieval lithuania you can find all info dukes/vassals/castles and so on in that website hope it helps :razz:

For you people making requests, requests are great and all, but this mod barely even works for Warband, so they're going to need to finish that before adding more.

i think i found a bug, a very annoy one, for some reason in 0.6  all the battles and sieges have a considerably slowdown making immposible to move, while in native and 0.5 always run me perfect, what it can be?

Suggestion: the time should maybe be quickened - as traveling from England to Russia would take a little longer than a few days :grin:

I don't know how that'd work out though...it'd be awkward with the day/night cycle going by in a few seconds lol!

I can't get this darn mod to work, I extracted it to the modules folder w/ the quickfix and all but m&b won't recognize it. Could this be because I'm running on 1.111?

The mod runs fine with the latest version of Warband, as far as I can tell that is.

Adding new factions is a lot of work, from the troop tree, through lords, settlements and textures it takes a considerable time and effort.  In the next week I'd like to focus on getting the thing stable, finishing the nordic and eastern troop trees and then we can talk about adding additional factions.  I also have lots of historical informations that's been collected on England ad Ireland and I need to put that in as well.

Also there is a new map that's being made, I know the old one is not anywhere near perfect but it will have to do till the new one is ready.  So don't complain about settlement positions yet please :smile:

Lots of people offered to help and I'm sorting through the posts here to get back to each of you in PMs.  Just be patient with me please I'm very surprised at the amount of PMs I'm getting and sort of overwhelmed.

@ tmh47, and THEMIK, concerning your comments on units names, I must beg to differ on your position, and I am of the opinion that you really do not know what you are talking about.
The names used are, besides generic names used in modern science, mostly contemporary military names I've found in different sources, and which have then been translated into Old Norse by Aule_the_Creator.

Details can be found here ( Historical Scandinavians Mini Mod ) : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,77184.0.html

And more on this mod here ( 1257 AD - enhancements/improved ) : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,91275.0.html

It sounds as if you think the mercenaries are the real Scandinavian roster, which it isn't, and please do be mindful in the future to play for more than a few minutes before making assumptive posts. But if you have anything real constructive to add, please do so, finding correct unit names are at most times guess-work, as WB troop trees are very artificial ( at best ) compared to historical Scandinavian military organization.

In the meantime the cartographer has released some WIP screenshots for you to salivate over.  I know I am :smile:

Check it out here  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,91275.msg2648202.html#msg2648202

Scouten said:
i cant see the shield on my back is this a bug or intended?

also what is DMOD and what is the difference with it on or off?

DMOD is what I called the camera setting which lets you jump between your soldiers after you fall in battle.  Sadly Warband broke the ability to do this so it doesn't really make any difference.

What shield is it?  Does it have 1 hitpoint on it?  If so that is a bug in the game engine, shields with 1hitpoint don't show on the back.

LDKsoldier said:
supercaca said:
Looks good! thx a lot for another mod!
Could you please add Spain as a faction pleaseee :arrow:eee
Spain didn't exist in XIII century  :wink: May be you are talking about the Castilians?

Easy way man.

A quikly telling. There was 5 kingdoms; galicia, castilla, portugal, aragon and the caliphate of the moors in the south. Later castilla conquered galicia and made castillaleon kingdom, later made the same with aragon, them this kingdoms atack the moors caliphate, dismished it and made spain.

So easy way... please add Spain.

Edit > 6 kingdoms The vasque kingdom.

Also add "Jamon serrano" and "Chistorra de pamplona" in types of food. Thx.
PS - "Crema catalana" would be nice too. Its a bit sweet but get used to it very quickly.

othr said:
Scouten said:
i cant see the shield on my back is this a bug or intended?

also what is DMOD and what is the difference with it on or off?

DMOD is what I called the camera setting which lets you jump between your soldiers after you fall in battle.  Sadly Warband broke the ability to do this so it doesn't really make any difference.

What shield is it?  Does it have 1 hitpoint on it?  If so that is a bug in the game engine, shields with 1hitpoint don't show on the back.

the shield is plain kite shield 10 hps it is default shield you can get.

This sounds sweet, I would help with history, But i specialize in the 17th and 18th Century.
Would this version be compatible with the current version of warbands? 1.111? Im not good with mods

Does it matter if we are using 1.111?  I have been playing this with 1.111 and it randomly crashes to desktop with no error message.

Oh and there are some minor issues with the values of the native armor versus some of the added armors.  Some native armors that only have 30 body armor and 17 leg armor (example) are worth a lot more than some of the added armor with 55 body armor and 30 leg armor (example).  Doesn't affect game play, but just in case you weren't aware.

It may have an impact on stability but other than you should be OK.  Those armour values are intended, they're a part of the RCM system Ron Losey put together for M&B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom