[S]1257 AD (improved) - old discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! I can't wait to conquer the Teutonic Order and create my own Kingdom of Prussia :grin:

(I hope creating ones own kingdom is actually possible in this mod)

Great mod so far, especially like the horses bear heraldry now. My only gripe is, so far it seems every single army has the exact same units, which is kind of bland. (I've seen ireland england scotland danish swedish and teotonic so far)

othr said:
All factions are from Europe except the mongols that basically are on the other side of the globe. To me the mongols stick out quite a lot. I mean even the chinese are closer to Europe. And don't forget about the indians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasion_of_Europe

Also maybe I'm wrong. But did sweden have a king in the 13th century? I know it was around that time that sweden converted to christianity. But I don't think it was a kingdom, but maybe I'm wrong.
Yes, you are

Also the holy roman empire, didn't exist in the 13 th century. The roman empire fell apart around 500 AC because of a barbarian invasion from the north.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire

Some links for you to read and catch up on history of Europe, and maybe some geography as well :razz:
Nice facepalm  :razz:. Anyway it looks really good, I'll have to try it once the native SP spark wears off.

The mod doesn't take away any features Warband has to offer.  The goal is to prepare the stage for how things were in Europe in 1257 AD, where it goes from there, well, that's up to the player and the random number generator :smile:

I finally found the bug with how ladies are moved around factions and will have a fix soon.

I do have a fix that will make battles more interesting.  This fixes the items and troop abilities with additional other fixes.  Just overwrite everything in the mod directory with this.  This patch makes armour more powerful and changes the combat quite a bit.  The patch is about 1mb.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1801

Wasn't Flanders a vassal of the Kingdom of France?

Liking the look of this mod, unfortunetly due to having my uni exams coming up im not taking warband back up to uni with me becauase ill never revise so i gues i wont be playing this till june. At least it will no doubt be even better :smile:.

Im guesing this game doesn't go as deep as fixing the ai? Im suprised some of the m2tw/RTW guys havn't taken up this game because they can really do wonders with modding, quite a few end up working for CA.

might be handy to set the path where the stuff needs to be extracted (atleast i did not found that clear)

and ye i'm no mod freak ^_^ but i think i have it now

Actually they improved the campaign AI a lot, I like it.  Also keep in mind that they only released the module system version 1.105 which is a couple of versions behind.  So any TaleWorlds fixes in those two may not be present.  The battle AI in 1.105 is well, hmm, bad?  They only start their charge when your infantry gets in range, otherwise you can just slaughter them with your cav.  I think it's fixed in the current version of Warband though :smile:

Still, if you don't take advantage of the poor AI you can have some fun :smile:

Oh yes, any patches, extract them in x:\<warband directory>\Modules\1257ad_wb_0.6, the main mod is to be extracted in x:\<warband directory>\Modules.

Ive not had much chance to dabble with the game since the latest patch, apparently though its destroyed the ai? People are claiming every 2/3 battles they all run round in circles dancing with each other haha.

dhowlett said:
Ive not had much chance to dabble with the game since the latest patch, apparently though its destroyed the ai? People are claiming every 2/3 battles they all run round in circles dancing with each other haha.

Well then, if you let the AI do some 'warming up' before the fight it can be challenging with this version.  They do take a bit to 'warm up' though, heh.  I'm not going to tweak the battle AI yet, TW needs some more time to stabilize it, I'd just end up doing the same work twice.

I have made some Lithuanian weapons and armors from XIII century for m&b. Here I put some examples of my work:
Lithuanian shield (I have made this shield with 8 different textures):
10497260.jpg

61301113.jpg

Lithuanian warrior with mail armor and russian helmet, very used by Lithuanians too.
lithuanian2.jpg

lithuanian1.jpg

If you like them, I can upload these models and some others, and you can use them in your mod.

And of course, if you need, I can help with Lithuanian Historical stuff.

hmm i like all the changes but i just tried a simple quest of running catle to a village but the catle runs like speedy conzales even with the teleport cheat i am unable to deliver the catle, (maby make the change that the follow you instead you follow them)

othr said:
Additional download link http://jump.fm/WLCLK
Cheers mate! Downloading now woth 90 kb/s :grin:.

Big_Mac said:
othr said:
Also the holy roman empire, didn't exist in the 13 th century. The roman empire fell apart around 500 AC because of a barbarian invasion from the north.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire

Some links for you to read and catch up on history of Europe, and maybe some geography as well :razz:
Nice facepalm  :razz:. Anyway it looks really good, I'll have to try it once the native SP spark wears off.

Even though i hate internat related "slang" : Epic fail XD (Not meant as flame, just freaking hilarious to me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom