B Medieval Rus 13th Century: Way of the Warrior

Users who are viewing this thread

I tried the new edition out, and I'm having the same problem. I followed the installation instructions and installed it into my game folder, not modules, but because it's not in modules there's no way to play the mod. How exactly are you supposed to properly install this?

I recall playing it in the previous to Warband version, and enjoyed it very much. A decade after it, I stumble in this precious mod...

... or is it? I've installed it following exactly what's been written but to no avail. After making sure the installation got everything in the right place, when I launch it from the mod, it crashes claiming that there are no mb_warband.exe nor mb_warband_dedicated.exe

Trying to rename the mb_warband_old.exe just made things worse...
dRuRYT

So I'm back here to ask why would it not find those exe's files since they're not anywhere in the installer?

Thanks for your time in advance...

I like this so far. Good mix of assets; art-wise everything is nice and consistent in quality. Two crucial things are missing:

1. Some kind of formations option, even if it's just the multiple rank system from WFAS. Being stuck with only a single line's worth of infantry is really **** when trying to fend off a frontal cavalry charge.

2. Upstab for polearms - at least for the 2H ones. Spears and pikes are effectively useless without a second attack direction. Especially when in the hands of the AI.

Your take on weapon balance is very interesting. Weapons are much shorter, faster, and do more damage than in native. I'll test some more and see how I like it. Having to physically find each and every merchant and tavern location in every city to get option to visit them from the main menu is really annoying.

Dithon1 said:
I like this so far. Good mix of assets; art-wise everything is nice and consistent in quality. Two crucial things are missing:

1. Some kind of formations option, even if it's just the multiple rank system from WFAS. Being stuck with only a single line's worth of infantry is really **** when trying to fend off a frontal cavalry charge.

2. Upstab for polearms - at least for the 2H ones. Spears and pikes are effectively useless without a second attack direction. Especially when in the hands of the AI.

Your take on weapon balance is very interesting. Weapons are much shorter, faster, and do more damage than in native. I'll test some more and see how I like it. Having to physically find each and every merchant and tavern location in every city to get option to visit them from the main menu is really annoying.
My friend, those are actually easy to implement (except for the finding merchants part). Send me a personal message, I'll make a submod for you

Hazzardevil said:
Is there an edit I can do to make all markets, guildmasters and the tavern possible to enter through the menu, rather than having to find them myself?
Yes: 'Fast Travel'.
It is activated as follows: Camp -> Mod Options -> Allow Fast Travel
But you have to look for guildmasters on the scene of the city.

Mod Updated! New version - 2.2.

- Fixed many bugs of the previous version
- Lithuania is a full-fledged faction: the opportunity at the start to play for Lithuania, swear allegiance to Lithuania and carry out tasks of Lithuanian Lords
- The opportunity to set fire to the camp of bandits with all the consequences. New scenes of bandit lairs
- Lively settlements: animals (cows, pigs, dogs, sheep) and animated characters
- Corrected the Horde tactics in the field battle
- Disabled auto-transitions of lords from the faction into the faction
- Fixes and additions in russian translation
- A lot of new scenes

More details in the first message of the topic.

I noticed one can't see the composition or total number of garrisons and armies; and that the "Accompany" option (to follow certain lord) isn't available. Is this WAD?

Divilly said:
I noticed one can't see the composition or total number of garrisons and armies; and that the "Accompany" option (to follow certain lord) isn't available. Is this WAD?
It's so conceived. Talk to the tavern keeper to learn something about the garrison.

Janycz said:
It's so conceived. Talk to the tavern keeper to learn something about the garrison.

I understand that. On the other hand, I see no point whatsoever in removing the option of accompanying lords, extremely useful when following the marshal.

Dithon1 said:

I'm also really interested by that.

It's the main missing point of this mod, and it's really strange to see your troop with all these cool looking gear going around in no formation and dispersing all around being useless while a steady formation would have been so efficient...

I found in the topic that one needs +15 relations with the owner of a castle to recruit castle troops. I do have that, but there's no option in the menu to recruit the troops. How am I supposed to do it?

anigman96 said:
I found in the topic that one needs +15 relations with the owner of a castle to recruit castle troops. I do have that, but there's no option in the menu to recruit the troops. How am I supposed to do it?
You must be a member of the faction to have opportunity hire good troops.

I have the 1.174 version of warband but when I run the mod from the desktop shortcut give me this error
you are running an unsupported version of warband (wse only supports version 1.174)
I have the same error when I run the mod with the wse.exe
I would love to play this mod any help please ? Thanks .

ragnar_94 said:
I have the 1.174 version of warband but when I run the mod from the desktop shortcut give me this error
you are running an unsupported version of warband (wse only supports version 1.174)
I have the same error when I run the mod with the wse.exe
I would love to play this mod any help please ? Thanks .
There is patch (2.3.1) that allows play without WSE. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wusMzR9yYrWZd5rM0ymuLB9lPuMWdUyA/view

I was getting the same error. I applied the 2.3.1 patch, and I am now able to run through Steam. But... I'm wondering if this makes some features of the mod unavailable? So far it is a superb experience!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom