[RoR]: Original Thread [Includes Alpha/Beta Download]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been playing this mod way too much! I love it.

I found a couple more things that don;t seem right though:

1. "Brittish Royal Guard" troops have 300ish skill with a polearm but almost all of them use sabers(for which their skill is about 100ish). :shock:

2. the "Light Flintlock Musket Beyonet" is slower than the "Flintlock Musket Beyonet" which just din make sense to
me.

Since alot of people are pissed at the russians here's what I do: Order "hold fire" right off the bat, tell your infantry to form double line by hitting "F8" once and then if possible find a hill to put them on. Set up any cavarly you have to the side and a ways behind your infanrty. Just keep holding fire till the Russians start the charge, once their cavalry gets within 100 feet, order "Fire at will" and watch as they get obliterated. Hold fire and charge with the infantry till any leftover enemy cavalry is taken care of. Re-Form your line. Now comes the hard part, fighting all the dang strelets and cossack infantry. Let your infantry continue firing at the bastards for a while. Now send in the cavarly! Once the cavarly gets their first charge in then send the infantry in with beyonets. Your bound to lose some good men but it works well enough. :neutral:

Also a nice tip, set up all your companions with rifles. They count as "Infantry when giving orders while all the troops with guns are "archers" so you can set them up on hills as snipers easy enough. Plus it trains their Firearms skill FAST as heck. I got Borcha(whatever his new name is) up to 150 without much trouble and now he's really starting to pick people off. :twisted:

The smoke is still an issue for me even with the low quality patch put in! :cry:

sirwho said:

1. "Brittish Royal Guard" troops have 300ish skill with a polearm but almost all of them use sabers(for which their skill is about 100ish). :shock:

2. the "Light Flintlock Musket Beyonet" is slower than the "Flintlock Musket Beyonet" which just din make sense to
me.

Since alot of people are pissed at the russians here's what I do: Order "hold fire" right off the bat, tell your infantry to form double line by hitting "F8" once and then if possible find a hill to put them on. Set up any cavarly you have to the side and a ways behind your infanrty. Just keep holding fire till the Russians start the charge, once their cavalry gets within 100 feet, order "Fire at will" and watch as they get obliterated. Hold fire and charge with the infantry till any leftover enemy cavalry is taken care of. Re-Form your line. Now comes the hard part, fighting all the dang strelets and cossack infantry. Let your infantry continue firing at the bastards for a while. Now send in the cavarly! Once the cavarly gets their first charge in then send the infantry in with beyonets. Your bound to lose some good men but it works well enough. :neutral:

Also a nice tip, set up all your companions with rifles. They count as "Infantry when giving orders while all the troops with guns are "archers" so you can set them up on hills as snipers easy enough. Plus it trains their Firearms skill FAST as heck. I got Borcha(whatever his new name is) up to 150 without much trouble and now he's really starting to pick people off. :twisted:

The smoke is still an issue for me even with the low quality patch put in! :cry:

I installed Vista SP 2, and everything is a charm now.

SovietSoldier said:
sirwho said:

me.

well we all don't have such luxury/possibility, and yes, the smoke is really thick.
sorry for my ability to say annoying things, but I got to say it:
the firearms of mine (570ish) WAS NOT MADE, it tend to pile up when you kill 20ish streskys/battle, with a head shot.  :cool:

sirwho said:

me.

Well for the Royal British Guard. They used to have bayonets but I changed. And I am to lazy to change. But ofcause will the royal guards have higher one-handed weapon profency.

And yes ofcause shall the light flintlock musket be faster...

And another tip when fighting the Russians.
1. You attack. Cause this will give you the advantage to choose the battlefield.
2. Line up and try to shoot out as many as possible of their troops before they charge you...

V= cavalry
O= infatry
_= archers
                    VVVVV
                        OO

Like this... And when they finally charge. They are dead.

ko said:
well we all don't have such luxury/possibility, and yes, the smoke is really thick.
sorry for my ability to say annoying things, but I got to say it:
the firearms of mine (570ish) WAS NOT MADE, it tend to pile up when you kill 20ish streskys/battle, with a head shot.  :cool:
I see what you mean. But I could allways try to make a smoke so small and rediculas as the one in the alpha...

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Well, it really depends. If you want to move a bit back from your current timeframe, which is around mid-1700's to early 1800's, to a more late rennaisance mod, with pike and shot, thats cool, the Great Turkish War would be your best bet, as that is when the fighting was heaviest, but I'm unsure if thats really your 'style'. So you may just want to pick one of the later Austro-Turkish wars.
Hmm. Yes I guess so. And we could always call the expansion Age of Blackpowder: 1716
or when the war now begun

SovietSoldier said:
sirwho said:

me.

The smoke is still an issue for me even with the low quality patch put in! :cry
:

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately I'm running XP, SP 3 so no its a no go for me. :cry:

Sounds like a good plan for killing Russians Bjorne, personally I'll hardly ever go on offense though. Offense makes me a weak commander lol. When I'm on defense you'll have a hell of a time defeating me though!

Definetly do the hardly any smoke/no smoke patch for us crippled computer guys!

Polcherrr said:
I thought they looked horrible to...lol why do they have Rifles not Grenades launchers

*rolls eyes* Because the grenade launchers of the time were just mini-mortars attached to the end of a musket, and were ineffective. Grenadiers rarely actually used grenades. They were just the biggest, toughest, strongest soldiers.

Herby said:
Polcherrr said:
I thought they looked horrible to...lol why do they have Rifles not Grenades launchers

*rolls eyes* Because the grenade launchers of the time were just mini-mortars attached to the end of a musket, and were ineffective. Grenadiers rarely actually used grenades. They were just the biggest, toughest, strongest soldiers.

Actually, the Grenadiers were attached at the sides of the line infantry so that they could lob grenades into the enemy lines, as such:
XX -------- XX

Oh and love the Beta btw!

Usually, the Grenadier Company was the First Company, and would stick to one side when in line, or the front when in column. And that may be true for some countries, but I know the Brits at least had really, really useless grenades.

were do i install the game to? when i run the installer i cant seem to find the mod to play it ? :S

EDIT: ive worked out how to do it, it was a complete brain fart on my half lol

Herby said:
Usually, the Grenadier Company was the First Company, and would stick to one side when in line, or the front when in column. And that may be true for some countries, but I know the Brits at least had really, really useless grenades.

I was talking about how they were used in late 17th century (for instance 1670s), but yeah the grenadiers roll was to evolve over the years, but thats usually how they were used when they first were introduced. (Attaching them aside from the infantry was a precaution in case of any accidents, so that wouldn't result in damage at the fighting forces)

Actually. I have no intensions of adding any grenades of any sort into this mod. Cause they are simple to powerful or to weak to use in mount&blade.

Or well. The ideal way to have it would to have the grenades like the fire staff in the mod "Curtain of Fire".
But I don't think that is OSP.. or? am I wrong?

bjorne. said:
Actually. I have no intensions of adding any grenades of any sort into this mod. Cause they are simple to powerful or to weak to use in mount&blade.

Or well. The ideal way to have it would to have the grenades like the fire staff in the mod "Curtain of Fire".
But I don't think that is OSP.. or? am I wrong?

Well the Western mod had dynamite, so you could use something like that. Just make sure only to give the troops two or three of them though  :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom