Rome at War: Media

Users who are viewing this thread

Both factions need a bit of a rework, Celts have either no armor or a lot of it and the Etruscans are in a similar position except they do have some medium infantry to throw in the bunch, the elite though is using the heaviest armor more than intended and there are too much of them in their armies.
I'm thinking to reduce the amount of noble troops, add a third medium infantry upgrade to the spearmen and buff their cavalry as they are near useless. Due to a bug their cities will become poor regardless of how the wars go. I started realizing that after a couple of campaigns that they always seemed to become broke and stop being able to afford troops so the Celts would steamroll them. At first I was quite happy of that and thought it was an amazing coincidence  :lol:
They should have a better fighting chance in the future but should still feel threatened by the Celts.

In the settings I mentioned, I do find Celts to be of a somewhat thread to Etruscans. The tend to move around in large groups and have decent guys, those with the full mail armour and the helmets with the birds are really tough.

Hype for a new, small, simple, fast paced map now on the server! Using the name The Arena.
5E485A148B7D4971D376A9EFB505245BD928CAA4

well if it can be polished to the acceptabile level then yea it wont be a problem to include it even on current epirus faction
but as far as i remember elephants in mods i tested were so awfull that we do not even tryed to test anything by ourselfs.
Ordionarry i think if here is a chance to do a good looking elephants they must use different animations than the horses and perhaps have a new bone system to suport them body.

rgcotl said:
well if it can be polished to the acceptabile level then yea it wont be a problem to include it even on current epirus faction
but as far as i remember elephants in mods i tested were so awfull that we do not even tryed to test anything by ourselfs.
Ordionarry i think if here is a chance to do a good looking elephants they must use different animations than the horses and perhaps have a new bone system to suport them body.

The two breeds were quite different animals, especially in size.  North African elephants used by Carthage were quite small, little bigger than overgrown horses.  The Aiakidai of Epirus and other Hellenistic dynasties used much bigger Indian elephants, derived from the Seleukid elephant corps & stud, originally established from donation of Indian elephants to Seleukos I by Chandragupta the Maurya at the conclusion of their war for Arachotia c.303 BC

visually it dosent look bad from a distance
but the self idea of the roman using squamata in our mod dosent fit the mod timeframe

speaking about the details of the model
1)cape dosent look realistic
2)scales require some work at the moment you see to big difference of the distances between the scale lines
3)hands can be seen throu the clothe
4)clothe things like tunic and cape can look better (i know it looks close to my roman clothe parts i used for the romans but clothe simulation just looks so much better than the those)

likes from XII Legio :grin: hope for more videos :razz:

one of the shieldbattle on our part, sorry for the language but we are not English-speaking legio

That Illyrioi Hoplitai should've put his shield away to do the legendary 2-handed spear thrust of quickening. :fruity:

Those screenshots look pretty good, can't wait for the ones flaunting the new Gallic equipment. :party:

Works best with a jump of at least 180º, Swadian Knights hate that trick!

Did you mention these guys?
qS_Cd.jpg
H-cWp.jpg
F9Oxe.jpg
Atfzw.jpg
In this last screenshot you can see a rare celtic unicorn.

Work in progress  :party:

Back
Top Bottom