Rome at War: Media

Users who are viewing this thread

Dansk viking said:
Those directional arrows...

PS. Nice video, keep them coming. (And just realised that's music from your OST, which I haven't heard since I never have music on in Warband. I like it, kind of reminds me of old school game soundtracks).
Don't worry I have improved (in some ways made it worse :grin:) my new video. And yes the OST in this mod is really good.
Here is the video

Seek n Destroy said:
I meant only for the goblins of course, if all the voices were like that it'd be 5 mins between install and uninstall.

I see. Yeah that'd make for an amusing submod. Where's our sound engineer at? Oh yeah, we don't have one... :facepalm:

About sounds, don't know about goblins( :razz:), but if you need more voices, you can ask Comrade Crimson if he likes to do some lines. He is a great guy and very good artist, professional. He has done many lines for a couple of my mods and I cannot recommend him enough.

Antonis said:
About sounds, don't know about goblins( :razz:), but if you need more voices, you can ask Comrade Crimson if he likes to do some lines. He is a great guy and very good artist, professional. He has done many lines for a couple of my mods and I cannot recommend him enough.
I don't think its possible to make unique lines for each faction to use on Warband since they all draw from the same pool of dialouge / warcries, hence why taunting on RaW only does war cries (you don't want to hear Greeks saying Roman lines and vice versa). However, unique dialogue is possible on mods that utilize NW but it is most likely RaW is not going to take that route due to the restrictions that puts on them.

The taunts are easy to set as faction/class specific, as a matter of fact I did it as a test some years ago and the Athenai volunteered to record some voices but were met with "technical difficulties". The only reason I haven't contacted Comrade Crimson is that I wasn't able to compile a decent enough list for the factions and couldn't give proper orientation towards the pronunciation. I'd have to dwell in ancient linguistics books but I'm rather lazy. I do think it was among Efrem's area of expertise but he's been a bit inactive lately.

Seek n Destroy said:
The taunts are easy to set as faction/class specific, as a matter of fact I did it as a test some years ago and the Athenai volunteered to record some voices but were met with "technical difficulties". The only reason I haven't contacted Comrade Crimson is that I wasn't able to compile a decent enough list for the factions and couldn't give proper orientation towards the pronunciation. I'd have to dwell in ancient linguistics books but I'm rather lazy. I do think it was among Efrem's area of expertise but he's been a bit inactive lately.
Interesting, didn't think that was possible since I never seen it utilized outside of NW mods. I guess that's the marvel of what coding can achieve. As for the issue regarding the proper orientation, I'm sure there's a linguistic expert lurking around that can help you with your task.  :wink:

Was it in Vikingr? I don't remember anything other than war cries.

EDIT: It just struck me you were talking about the coding. Yea, the features achieved from coding was immaculate in Vikingr but there's always something new that surprises me (I.E. factional taunts without the NW module).

Vikingr does have factional taunts/war cries.
The most unique one out of the top of my head is the Gaelic war grunt which always cracks me up.

Low-born orc! I also believe there are factional taunts/warcries in Deluge too, that or I started reading the Polish messages out loud.
Well it's easily feasible in Multiplayer for all the sounds tied to a key, for all the rest I'm pretty sure some workarounds can be done if necessary.

4BD6C3538FF16735E7A7FD07D3ABB2A009658EDA

I started a game with commoner background with these guys, I never have played with them before. They are seriously good, a bit overpowered, even. In that battle we had ~1500 vs. ~1800 Gauls and we defeated them losing less than 1/3 of the army.

I have it on normal campaign and battle damage, normal damage to friend and 1/2 to the player(those Gaul gaesate insta-kill me, still :razz:). So far, with the same settings, only the Romans seemed a bit weaker.

Back
Top Bottom