Rome at War: Media

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Seek n Destroy

Marquis
WBWF&S
Best answers
Those are from Bishop's book irc and number 3 might be the sword from Delos. Still I think we should focus on xiphos type of swords and variants, I think those are more fitting for 3rd century B.C. Rome whilst other types are hard to pinpoint at which point they were adopted.

Scuba Steve

Master Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Seek n Destroy said:
Those are from Bishop's book irc and number 3 might be the sword from Delos. Still I think we should focus on xiphos type of swords and variants, I think those are more fitting for 3rd century B.C. Rome whilst other types are hard to pinpoint at which point they were adopted.
I'm only seeing that Photobucket 3rd party hosting image.

Seek n Destroy

Marquis
WBWF&S
Best answers
Hosting it somewhere else then:

To keep on topic:

Gothic Knight said:
Sure thing if you want anything made.
Thanks man, if I find something worthwhile I'll holla at you  :smile:

matmohair1

Marquis
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Seek n Destroy said:
Imperial era gladius.
:wink: hope this helps...

Gladius Typology

Republican swords and equipment

Pyrrhic War, Hastatus - Iberian pattern sword

Second Punic War, Triarius - Gladius Hispaniensis

Third Macedonian War, Eques - Xiphos / Greek pattern sword

Gladius Hispaniensis (Delos) 2nd century BC - 1st century AD

2nd century BC, Eques equipment

Sertorian War

Main Osprey Sources:

Warrior - Roman Republican Legionary 298-105 BC.
Warrior - Roman Legionary 109–58 BC
Weapon - The Gladius

MarcusU

Veteran
Best answers
The Greek Cities fighting the Macedonian Basileus on the field of battle. Dionysius's allies in the battle engage a superior force of hypaspists and phalangites who overwhelm our smaller hoplite formation. The melee continues for some time...
However later on in the battle Dionysius forms up his cavalry after routing the enemy skirmishers and attempts to charge into the rear of the enemy formation who are pinned down by the small but sturdy hoplites.

Unfortunately, the battle is lost but the Macedonian forces have lost a significant portion of manpower to a much weaker army. They cannot afford to sustain such profligacy or Dionysius and the other Greek leaders will win the war.

KickingJoub

Grandmaster Knight
WB
Best answers
Tasty Leaf said:

Unfortunately, the battle is lost but the Macedonian forces have lost a significant portion of manpower to a much weaker army. They cannot afford to sustain such profligacy or Dionysius and the other Greek leaders will win the war.
Hey that sounds like one of the famous sayings... A puppy victory? No. A putrid victory? Ah damnit, can't remember what it is :ohdear: Nice screenshots though!

Seek n Destroy

Marquis
WBWF&S
Best answers
Some new screenshots of the 2.6 Beta:

Antonis

Marquis
WBWF&SVCNW
Best answers
The new campaign map is really beautiful. One of the best ones -or even the best- I have ever seen for M&B.