ROCK General Information and Discussion : Current

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys, let's wrap this turn up so we can...wrap this turn up.  :smile:

Coding has been fixed showing teamkills as a point to the opposing team.  Expect a module update tomorrow.

An oversight in the ruleset has been fixed pertaining to the dissolvement of individual armies.  Basically below 50 troops an army cannot stand on it's own.  It can be merged into that lordship's other armies or into an allies army.  They it is dissolved into an allies army, the orginal lordship loses control of those troops and may not participate in an engagement with those troops specifically.  Naturally, if they had another standing army present they could participate. 
Armies with less than 50 troops may not be attacked either by the enemy, so if you wish to move them across the map to join your other armies and not put them into an allies army you are welcome to do that.

Official rule addition is located here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,187724.msg4899044.html#msg4899044

Post if you have any specific questions in the Q&A thread.

Ok guys,

We had a number of very late turn posts that were far after the deadline.  The turn deadline is to show activity and to allow time to schedule matches.  It is imperative we try as best as possible to meet these deadlines and the administration is very accepting in posts "reasonbly late" (Read as 1 hour past deadline, not 3 days)

To keep things progressing we are going to accept the turns posted and any posted by tomorrow night at 11:59pm.  No exceptions.

Because some of these turns have "Engagement" declarations, the engagements must be played Monday night or the moves will be cancelled and it will be treated as a minimum turn post.

In the future we must meet the deadlines to ensure the proper running of the campaign.  I apprecaite everyone's understanding with this.

-Mad

Mad Dawg said:
Ok guys,

We had a number of very late turn posts that were far after the deadline.  The turn deadline is to show activity and to allow time to schedule matches.  It is imperative we try as best as possible to meet these deadlines and the administration is very accepting in posts "reasonbly late" (Read as 1 hour past deadline, not 3 days)

To keep things progressing we are going to accept the turns posted and any posted by tomorrow night at 11:59pm.  No exceptions.

Because some of these turns have "Engagement" declarations, the engagements must be played Monday night or the moves will be cancelled and it will be treated as a minimum turn post.

In the future we must meet the deadlines to ensure the proper running of the campaign.  I apprecaite everyone's understanding with this.

-Mad

MY bad on the post,
I really honestly thought I had posted it.

Mad Dawg said:
Kevlar said:
Mad Dawg said:
engagements must be played Monday night or the moves will be cancelled

But Mondays suck.
I know, buts it's a sacrifice we're willing to make at much cost to ourselves.

So I'll just tell my Calculus professor to **** off so I can come play Warband to meet a very poorly thought-out deadline imposed by a disgruntled tournament organizer? Solid plan. :roll:

Lots of people can't (that is CAN NOT, as in it's impossible or exceedingly difficult) make a Monday night, especially with just over a day's notice. I realize you think this is a generous compromise for the teams that were late submitting their turns, but it's quite naive to think anybody in this community will mobilize on such short notice to play on what is literally the worst day of the week. Ra couldn't even show up with 3 days notice, what makes you think they'll show up with 1 day's notice on a weekday?

inb4 passing blame to the teams.

Monday noted.
We'll be there.

As for us losing troops when we didn't fight in the battle, I think its sort of silly seeing that I was going to move us away to the other fight anyway..

Orion said:
Mad Dawg said:
Kevlar said:
Mad Dawg said:
engagements must be played Monday night or the moves will be cancelled

But Mondays suck.
I know, buts it's a sacrifice we're willing to make at much cost to ourselves.

So I'll just tell my Calculus professor to **** off so I can come play Warband to meet a very poorly thought-out deadline imposed by a disgruntled tournament organizer? Solid plan. :roll:

Lots of people can't (that is CAN NOT, as in it's impossible or exceedingly difficult) make a Monday night, especially with just over a day's notice. I realize you think this is a generous compromise for the teams that were late submitting their turns, but it's quite naive to think anybody in this community will mobilize on such short notice to play on what is literally the worst day of the week. Ra couldn't even show up with 3 days notice, what makes you think they'll show up with 1 day's notice on a weekday?

inb4 passing blame to the teams.

I'm pretty sure you are familiar with having scheduling difficulties with tournaments, it isn't an easy thing to organize. Because all turns happen in one week people need to make deadlines on time. If the best way to ensure that is to have a co-captain as well that can make decisions then do so. Mad cannot be held responsible that very few people are making deadlines. It was clear when the rules were set up how and when things would be scheduled.

It may be better to have 2 week scheduling in future events due to there being so many different battles, but for now we can stick with what we have.

As for the monday night engagements...no **** it is gracious. If someone doesn't make the deadline they shouldn't be allowed to do anything at all, that was the original plan. Mad Dawg extended the period and now is giving a day to have engagements that were not set up on time, what else can he do? The engagements can still occur next turn, so please don't ***** to mad that "monday doens't work blah blah." If it can't happen, then it doesn't, just like the rules clearly state. Which is the more gracious, not allowing any engagements to be done, or opening up a time slot to potentially fit it in WHEN it was the team's failure to begin with and the entire turn should be disregarded.

As for the match yesterday, it was quite unfortunate that it turned out as it did. Seeing as not many lordships declared turns on time the scheduling was also delayed, and we have this. If a leader/captain of a lordship knows that it will be difficult to post turns/schedule matches then he or she needs to talk to mad about having a second in command. Just pick a dependable person that has a different schedule so that the lordship can communicate regularly with the other lordships through steam or another IM system. IM systems work best because there is instant feedback, but pm's still work. Please stop badgering Mad because lordships can't schedule and communicate on time. **** happens, get off his back.

Orion said:
If you don't want to be stuck with Monday, post your turn in time so that proper scheduling can start earlier! (I hear LES *still* hasn't posted their move yet)

To understand why this is the best course of action consider the other option: cancelling the moves posted by effectively every lordship except for Balion. This is undesirable, because it would have slowed down the campaign for one week.

The requirement to play the engagement on Monday (which really applies to Ra, GK Rebels, KoA and Balion only) is really a deal for Ra and GK Rebels:
Look Ra and GKR, you have posted 3 days past the deadline; we don't care why that happened, but if you want the turns to be accepted -- play the engagement on Monday; if you don't show up for the engagement, the moves that caused it would be cancelled (per the rules) which is exactly the same outcome as if the admins hadn't accepted your moves at all.

Marnid, if you still don't see how this is first and foremost designed to benefit the late posters, you are welcome to PM me or Mad Dawg (or any other ROCK admin) for further clarification.

Starting next week, no allowances or deals like this would be done. You post late -- your post is ignored. That said, if there are specific issues that have caused you to post late and that the ROCK admins and developers can influence, please, let us know.

Outlawed said:
Monday noted.
We'll be there.

As for us losing troops when we didn't fight in the battle, I think its sort of silly seeing that I was going to move us away to the other fight anyway..
I'm with you.  Honestly I'm sure you can agree you don't want me to abuse power and take you out of the fight.  Your last turn post put your army their seiging Sargoth.  Do you really want me to admin abuse and go against your last known wishes? 

I understand, things came up and a turn wasn't posted.  But my job here is not to dictate to you what you are doing but go by your intentions that are known to me.  I don't see how I can justify any other ruling than to include Ra in the fight. 

As for everything else posted here, your post Marnid is exactly why there is and always has been a turn deadline.  If we go past the deadline we lower the time we have to arrange matches.  Cut and dry. 

Let's just move on from here.

Not every team has the luxury of a large roster to draw on for scrims at the drop of a hat. Some of us don't have half a dozen or more people sitting around in vent every day. If you're going to extend a deadline for engagements, don't half-ass it for two days. If you haven't noticed, most of this community doesn't run on a weekly basis. I can think of two clans that have scrims weekly, those being Balion and Wappaw. So for two out of seven, what you're suggesting is acceptable. For the rest of us it's too short notice and completely unworkable.

Oh no, so the campaign slows down for half a week! You're living in a fantasy world if you think anything will ever run perfectly on schedule. It's hard enough to get all of the clan leaders together for a strategy meeting within a week, let alone scheduling matches for multiple teams. Be realistic, some of these engagements are going to involve several dozen people. You think everyone can pull something like that off with only a few days notice?

It's apparent that some tournament administrators (everyone except for Mad Dawg) aren't aware of the Rebel strategy. I guess this is a good thing, all things considered, but this engagement extension wouldn't just benefit Ra and GKR. LES was going to move some of our sieging troops away from Sargoth to assist in an engagement elsewhere. There would be 5 teams involved: Balions, KoA, GKR, Ra, and LES. That's a considerable battle with large numbers of players on both sides. I would say what I honestly think about this deadline being conveniently short for some, but why fan the flames any more? It's obvious that I'm not arguing with tournament administrators. I'm arguing with a clan.

Orion said:
Not every team has the luxury of a large roster to draw on for scrims at the drop of a hat. Some of us don't have half a dozen or more people sitting around in vent every day. If you're going to extend a deadline for engagements, don't half-ass it for two days. If you haven't noticed, most of this community doesn't run on a weekly basis. I can think of two clans that have scrims weekly, those being Balion and Wappaw. So for two out of seven, what you're suggesting is acceptable. For the rest of us it's too short notice and completely unworkable.

Oh no, so the campaign slows down for half a week! You're living in a fantasy world if you think anything will ever run perfectly on schedule. It's hard enough to get all of the clan leaders together for a strategy meeting within a week, let alone scheduling matches for multiple teams. Be realistic, some of these engagements are going to involve several dozen people. You think everyone can pull something like that off with only a few days notice?

It's apparent that some tournament administrators (everyone except for Mad Dawg) aren't aware of the Rebel strategy. I guess this is a good thing, all things considered, but this engagement extension wouldn't just benefit Ra and GKR. LES was going to move some of our sieging troops away from Sargoth to assist in an engagement elsewhere. There would be 5 teams involved: Balions, KoA, GKR, Ra, and LES. That's a considerable battle with large numbers of players on both sides. I would say what I honestly think about this deadline being conveniently short for some, but why fan the flames any more? It's obvious that I'm not arguing with tournament administrators. I'm arguing with a clan.

Nods.
To be honest the campaign was sort of screwed when some teams got more troops than others. It just made more teams have to schedule more matches in shorter times.
Anyway, we'll bring what we can tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom