ROCK General Information and Discussion : Current

Users who are viewing this thread

Orion said:
Not every team has the luxury of a large roster to draw on for scrims at the drop of a hat. Some of us don't have half a dozen or more people sitting around in vent every day. If you're going to extend a deadline for engagements, don't half-ass it for two days. If you haven't noticed, most of this community doesn't run on a weekly basis. I can think of two clans that have scrims weekly, those being Balion and Wappaw. So for two out of seven, what you're suggesting is acceptable. For the rest of us it's too short notice and completely unworkable.

Oh no, so the campaign slows down for half a week! You're living in a fantasy world if you think anything will ever run perfectly on schedule. It's hard enough to get all of the clan leaders together for a strategy meeting within a week, let alone scheduling matches for multiple teams. Be realistic, some of these engagements are going to involve several dozen people. You think everyone can pull something like that off with only a few days notice?

It's apparent that some tournament administrators (everyone except for Mad Dawg) aren't aware of the Rebel strategy. I guess this is a good thing, all things considered, but this engagement extension wouldn't just benefit Ra and GKR. LES was going to move some of our sieging troops away from Sargoth to assist in an engagement elsewhere. There would be 5 teams involved: Balions, KoA, GKR, Ra, and LES. That's a considerable battle with large numbers of players on both sides. I would say what I honestly think about this deadline being conveniently short for some, but why fan the flames any more? It's obvious that I'm not arguing with tournament administrators. I'm arguing with a clan.

If the days Mad Dawg gave you don't work, then don't use them... They weren't there to ensure people would play, they were there so you could have another chance.

The intention of the short deadlines was to make it so that the campaign moved along, because no one knew how long it would take. We wanted the campaign to have an end in sight so that people would be more engaged and not feel that it was dragging on.

As for arguing with a clan... I believe Kiss, Dawg, and I have refuted you, and we were extensively involved in making the rules(along with others) so obviously we would have something to say about it.

Final words No blame is being placed anywhere.  No further discussion is deemed productive.  The matter is closed.

For the purpose of erasing any further confusion, deadlines are as follows from the Rules & Regulations: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,187724.msg4899060.html#msg4899060

Mad Dawg said:
Turn Timetable
  • Standard turns will be Tuesday through Monday and all engagements and moves will be placed within this time. 
  • Movements, Commands, and Declarations will be placed no later that Wednesday at 11:59pm eastern for a resolution to take place during that turn.
  • All items posted after that time will be dealt with the following turn.

In addition, by registering yourself as a lordship you agree to provide a Minimum Turn Requirement.  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,187724.msg4899059.html#msg4899059

Therefore, all Lordships are required to meet the turn deadline of 11:59pm eastern each Wednesday night w/ a minimum of the Minimum Turn Requirement.

We can all see the issues that can arise by not meeting these deadlines.  No further concessions will be given to any lordship that does not meet this.  A failure to meet the requirement will result  in a warning and not income/command/or movements being taken into account for that turn.

Thank you for your understanding.

-Mad

Snoop said:
How do you update the map? is there something i can dl where I can keep track of the moves by updating it myself?
The map is updated by hand, Paxman is in charge of that. I try to always keep the Historiograph thread up-to-date, so you can use it as reference when the recent map is not available. The results of the last turn are in: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,213044.msg5123361.html#msg5123361

The Pizza said:
Someone please attack Wappaw.
Actually GK besieged Chalbek Castle last turn so this turn you will be defending it with your garrison troops.

Reminds me, there are 3 sieges this turn and only the minimum scening has been done.  I'm open to providing additional scening to your guys if you:
A. Give me enough notice (Read as today or tomorrow)
B. Come on Vent and we go through the changes you would like.

If you have arranged your own scening then that is awesome, thank you.

Mad Dawg said:
The Pizza said:
Actually GK besieged Chalbek Castle last turn so this turn you will be defending it with your garrison troops.

Reminds me, there are 3 sieges this turn and only the minimum scening has been done.  I'm open to providing additional scening to your guys if you:

Right. I'll try my hand at scening. When is the deadline?

The Pizza said:
Mad Dawg said:
The Pizza said:

Right. I'll try my hand at scening. When is the deadline?

System goes:

The turn starts at 12:01 tonight.  All the turns will be posted.  At the end of the turn an "Engagement Summary" will be posted in the "Engagement and Scheduling Thread".  Then just follow the process provided in the OP to schedule your engagement and more posts is better than less posts with information.

So basically anytime before your scheduled engagement.  Of course send us the file so we can host it.

I was just following the standard set by Mad Dawg in his post for continuing the siege on Tihr. GK initiated the siege at D7 last turn

Its the waiting turn before they can engage the people inside. Siege requires a declaration, a turn wait, then you can engage.

Can you declare a siege and maintain the siege for more than a single turn? In other words, can you lock down a settlement by siege and keep it locked down for more than the one-turn waiting period?

But you can basically tie up their troops by sitting on that tile w/o declaring a siege? I'm lost here--

Hypothetically, If Wappaw sat 500 guys on the TLB castle (Garrisoned by close to 1000 GK and TLB), the GK and TLB would be stuck there unless they declared an engage and fought a field battle?

The Pizza said:
But you can basically tie up their troops by sitting on that tile w/o declaring a siege? I'm lost here--

Hypothetically, If Wappaw sat 500 guys on the TLB castle (Garrisoned by close to 1000 GK and TLB), the GK and TLB would be stuck there unless they declared an engage and fought a field battle?
So do that if that's what you want to do?  Declaring a Siege is stating an engagement intent so the engagement happens in 1 turn.  It's two different things.

Continuing the discussion started by Coopels and Pizza here since this seems to be the more appropriate thread:

The Pizza said:
Or you could have just played it out instead of leaving.

I'm not trying to start anything, but nothing that Wappaw did was against the rules-- so no "fault" lies with Wappaw. I'm not happy with our turnout either, but I'm sure there were better actions for you guys to take than just deciding not to play after we scheduled the event.

The inclusion of mercs breaks the system and negates the point of the registration process. After seeing a few guys with merc tags hop onto the server, I held a brief discussion with Mad Dawg. He clearly stated that Wappaw's actions were within the confines of the ruleset, so I do not find Wappaw deserving of any sort of campaign penalty. However, after sharing my views with a few individuals in private and then with all who were present for the match, the boycotting of that engagement was the general consensus.

I am not willing to participate in any ROCK battle in any capacity where mercs are included. Despite taking that position, the results of Sunday's event currently has no bearing on GK's future participation in ROCK - I will continue acting as the main contact and proceed as usual. In the event that mercs are included in a future engagement involving GK, those in the clan who still wish to participate will stay on their own accord and perform as best as they can.

Back
Top Bottom