Requests for custom banners, surcoats and shields

Users who are viewing this thread

Tangent said:
Do you want it put on a banner or do you just want the symbol?

EDIT:

This good? Too orange?
That's good, but yes, a bit more on the orange side than I'd really care for. If you could make it more of a dark red, I'd appreciate it greatly.

I'd say white is better. Especially heraldicly, where metal goes on color. So it's white(ish) or yellow(ish).

clp_wolfs_face_m_1a.gif
That wolf face, in grey. Green background.

i think that should be spread out a little more, because itlooks a little to detailed and intricate for that time but everything here looks awesome.

Naridill said:
Tang, could you please make my banner, ah, bannery?

He's thinned out (accidentally) a little in the process... I think it looks better that way, though if you don't like it I will change it.  :smile:

Hmm, to be honest the graininess is intentional, to emulate a cloth texture. However, in accordance with your wishes I have gone back and blurred up some of the grainiest bits. It probably isn't that noticeable though...

"Arabs on Svalbard" isn't an expression I've heard before.  :razz:

Naridill said:
Anyway, it's perfect now, but you need to enlighten me. How exactly do grainy pixels simulate cloth? :razz:

Well, the texture of rough-woven cloth when perceived at a distance can, with a little imagination, resemble pixels...  :razz:

The wolf's head.

This one seems a little empty without stripes or chevrons or checkers of some sort or another...  :sad:

miclee1 said:
Naridill said:
Isn't there also heraldic rules against having more than two colours, or something?
No.
Depends. As long as you don't have metal bordering metal (gold/silver) and color bordering color (red/blue) it's fine.

By the way - we might "expand" this thread into shield requests, too. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom