Relating exp gains to damage

Users who are viewing this thread

Tiedye

Recruit
Alright, I'm tired of working on a dark knight for a while, only to have one of my Vaegir knights ride by and finish him off with one lucky swing, stealing the experience that I rightly earned. Would it be possible to make the amount of exp gained dependant on the amount of damage you've dealt?

For example, if my target has 50 hp's and is worth 100 exp, if I deal 40 damage to him (80% of his health) but don't get the kill, I would still get 80 exp. It would cut down on the frustration of having an npc steal your kill.

Any thoughts on this suggestion? Has anyone else ever experienced this problem?

I agree, it's something I was thinking of too - many other games make use of this sort of system.

Agree, although we already get weapons improvement ( which is a form of experience) at times when we make a particular difficult strike - for example an arrow shot to the head at a distant target getting a rating of xx and improving archery skill +1.

Still, your point is well-taken. You have improved your posting skills by +1 :smile:

I can see where this would be nice...however, it doesn't seem very necessary. In the end you end up stealing an ally's exp more often than they steal yours. All in all it balances out in the end, with you a little bit ahead most likely. Its just it would be kind of weird to ride by a dark rider, hit him for 50 damage but not kill him, then 2min later in the battle receive a message stating that you got xx amount of exp for it when someone finally does kill him. Or if it gave notification when you land each blow, your screen would be spammed with "received xx exp" :roll: And as stated before, you still increase your weapon expertise with each hit, not for the kill....soooo, yeah. Everyone's for this idea so i guess i have to go against it just to be special!

heh it bugs me more when im trying to knock them out to take prisoners and they ride up and kill them with one hit

Err...it's possible that it's just me...but if I were fighting something like a dark knight I'd just be happy I hadn't been pimp-slapped out of my saddle yet when one of my NPCs killed him... :shock:

Of course, I just started off a new knight character, and my funds are limited, so my NPCs are literally crap, I tend to set them all up on a hill and hope to god they get off some lucky X-Bow shots while I ride around like a headless chicken distracting the enemy from how pathetic my army really is... :oops:

Had a fun time with that last night, I had about 25 NPCs with me, fighting off about twice as many Vaegir, all lined up on a very steep hill, most of them were Swadian ranged troops with a few mounted & footmen, They'd rain feathered death on my opponents while I'd administer the coup de grace on weakened troops with my spiked mace for prisoner-collection...

All was going well, the field was littered with unconscious soldiers and rider-less horses, when I got caught by a mob of foot soldiers, no big deal, I was swinging merrily away, knocking the poor bastards out left & right...unfortunately I was too close to my lines and/or my soldiers got tired of warming the benches, so my melee troops, mounted and foot, charged full speed down the hill...smack dab into the middle of a squadron of knights...bam, there goes the core of my future army of fearsome Swadian Knights & Sergeants... :mad:

I usually end up having to rescue my NPCs more often than the reverse...useless wastes of gold.

DaLagga said:
Or if it gave notification when you land each blow, your screen would be spammed with "received xx exp" :roll: And as stated before, you still increase your weapon expertise with each hit, not for the kill....soooo, yeah. Everyone's for this idea so i guess i have to go against it just to be special!

What if you just don't tell them how much exp they got in that case, or ever at all.

I do notice it sometimes, but generally I have bigger things to think about in battle.

Back
Top Bottom