Real-World DLC Idea: Mount&Blade II: Ottoman Conquest

Users who are viewing this thread

Not much since it is very innaccurate, there should be more nations present there, but i'm going to specificaly mention my country Serbia, which was conquered only in 1459.
Between 1435 (of this map) and 1459 there were a LOT interesting back and forths between the Ottomans and Hungary, using all the nations in between as points of conflicts.

If that's a historical period a mod should be made in, i personally much prefer the western wars, hundred years' war, burgundian inheritance, HRE and stuff like that, just more vibrant and colorful IMO.

Tho a 13th-14th century balkan+little asia+levant mod i would LOVE, where you had crazy things happening, such as Catalans all the way in Greece among them.
They are both colored dark brown just like Wallachia and Moldavia are both colored light brawn so it was hard to tell. Yeah, there is Serbia too, that white line separates Bosnia from Serbia.

Other than that, I don't see other inaccuracies, if you see them any help is appreciated but to call a map "very innaccurate" based on one mistake is frankly ridiculous.

That is exactly why I picked 1435, there's a lot of action everywhere. There is plenty of vibrant action in Eastern Europe too, if not more than in Western Europe since there were a lot more states here, but they tend to be overlooked in international history because the great powers take the spotlight. Out of all these 18 (Serbia included) nations, most people only know the history of Poland, Hungary, the Ottoman Empire and Russia. That doesn't mean the rest of the map doesn't have interesting stories to tell.

Everyone has their own preferences, tastes are not up for debate, but personally I feel like the western wars have been overused in video games. I already know them and most people already know them too based on that. Which is why I find a side of history that usually doesn't get talked about more interesting. Viking Conquest had that thing as there weren't many games with the Vikings. I'm not going to mention their names so it won't be advertising, but I especially enjoyed certain games about the history of Japan, China and the Middle East (not the Crusades that are again overused) exactly because they had interesting stories that I didn't know of, as they tend to be overlooked in the western world.

I know some of the history in this region, but I don't know all the history. For example, I only know the basic things about the Golden Horde, Crimean Khanate, Georgia and Qara Qoyunlu; and I would love to learn more through a game.

I agree with @Skatan in that discussion about some ultranationalists being offended. As long as the game is historically accurate there is no problem with the game itself. In the same way that as long as the science is accurate there's no problem with the spherical earth, the flat earthers can be offended all they want.

Well then, if the white lines everywhere are really the borders between same colored nations, in that case i was wrong - it is an accurate map, just not a very good looking one.
As for people being offended, who cares...certain type of people will always find unjustified reasons to be offended.

Because i find every historical period in any setting interesting because there are always things you didn't expect to learn (example,the first of the famous hussars in Poland and Hungary, and the people that formed winged hussars were, for almost the whole of 16th century, exclusively Serbs that exiled after Ottoman conqests, after which Poland extended conscription to those ranks to Poles and other people), so i wouldn't mind a mod on this, but i would rather have TW move forward with their official DLCs in expanding Native map, faction roster, new features (naval travel, trade&combat) and such, because Native has a LOT to do in order to be even close to what players consider "feature complete" 2020 M&B game.

Last edited:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
it looks more like a new DLC for HOI4
What? Have you even played hoi4?

what made you spend so much time OP?
The time is super premature for a mod like this....no DLC please!!!
I know it's not the time now, since the base game is not even fully finished, but at one point it will be and after that the devs will look for new DLC.

Remember there is a whole big map in the files. If they want to expand the game they can add in other nations and do so.

Wow, I like the idea of expanding the game's territory, but not with that map. Looks like wannable real world globe, with America, Europe, Asia and Africa.

Factions are not only incredibly boring, but also it's too politically sensitive and would only draw endless discussions.
No. Just no.

I don’t think the content itself is too politically sensitive at all. Perhaps calling it “Ottoman Conquest” is not the best idea, it would be akin to a DLC called “Crusader Victory” or something. A DLC like this would be huge opportunity to learn about history from a standpoint that is not necessarily Eurocentric in a far more engaging and “real” way than learning in a history class. Imho I think a more successful mod would somehow include the period of the Seljuk Turks and the Byzantines and their subsequent succession by the Anatolian beyliks and rise of the house of Osman, as well as concurrent events taking place in Western Europe for a more complete depiction of history.

Let’s face it, the kids playing these games will learn far more about their world from something like this than they would from their history teachers. Furthermore, perhaps it’s outside the scope of the studio to release such a project as a DLC and more suited for a community mod. After all, it really doesn’t take a stretch of the imagination to see that the events taking place in calradia with the breakup of the calradic empire loosely mirrors that of the splitting and fall of Rome, and so perhaps the release of Bannerlord would be Taleworlds having done their part, so to speak.

Good stuff I’d like to see this idea further developed. And I’m more more than willing to lend a very helpful hand if anyone decides to start up such a project ??

Last edited:
Honestly I don't care about DLC that does not expand the main game, personally when they get to the point where they are planning DLC I hope they add the Nords and Ships. The history is cool and this is an interesting time period but I hope they stick to the goods on this one.
While I like the OPs idea I have to agree with you. I'm hoping TW spends a lot of resources on expanding the base game before thinking about a different setting.

What? Have you even played hoi4?

I know it's not the time now, since the base game is not even fully finished, but at one point it will be and after that the devs will look for new DLC.

Wow, I like the idea of expanding the game's territory, but not with that map. Looks like wannable real world globe, with America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
Yes, I played, and I somehow do not remember the unique focuses of Turkey or the DLC adding them.
3YlnSNh.jpg

Dude I would love to see DLCs for something like the Three Kingdom Era during the Han Dynasty, the Sengoku Period of Japan, or something like the Mongol Empire Era of Genghis Khan . Something more lenient towards Eastern Histories would be pretty cool.

Dude I would love to see DLCs for something like the Three Kingdom Era during the Han Dynasty, the Sengoku Period of Japan, or something like the Mongol Empire Era of Genghis Khan . Something more lenient towards Eastern Histories would be pretty cool.

I agree. The inclusion of all would be a worthy mega project.

By a lot of people you mean the ultranationalist ones? Trust me, I've been to the Balkans, they are a minority. Most people there don't care about long forgotten issues.

Unless your goal is to please all those ultranationalists, which shouldn't be, and which likely is impossible to do, the goal should be to make a historically accurate representation of the balkans at the time. The map is pretty clear on who owns what, history too.

Take Kosovo for example. I'm not Serbian by the way. Naturally, there will be some Albanian ultranationalists mad because "there aren't Albanians in Kosovo!!!", but there aren't Albanians in Kosovo because there weren't Albanians in Kosovo in 1335, it is not a matter of debate or ambiugous history, it is a matter of education and those ultranationalists not knowing their own history. Most Albanian people are reasonable and understand this difference.

I'm Croatian so i know first hand that there's still too much toxic crap in Balkans.

This idea is amazing. Tbh it seems more likely that it would succeed as a labour of love mod, rather than a DLC, because probably alot of work would need to go into it... probably more comparable to M&B III rather than a DLC.

And for those getting offended because it follows history, get a life or go join some Maoist cultural revolution. I hear they also enjoy scrubbing history.

This idea is amazing. Tbh it seems more likely that it would succeed as a labour of love mod, rather than a DLC, because probably alot of work would need to go into it... probably more comparable to M&B III rather than a DLC.

And for those getting offended because it follows history, get a life or go join some Maoist cultural revolution. I hear they also enjoy scrubbing history.
It could work as a mod, but I would love to see it as part of an official DLC. I enjoy mods like most players, but the official work is often more polished. While I think there will need to be some new mechanics, I don't think there's a low of new work needed to be put into it, comparable to M&B Warband and M&B With Fire and Sword.

M&B With Fire and Sword had a few extra game mechanics, but for the most part they were the same game, having the same core game mechanic and engine, it could have worked just as well as a DLC for M&B Warband. Some people think of it as a DLC or a standalone expansion.

Back
Top Bottom