RaW:Previews+News

Users who are viewing this thread

A small fix in the material settings improved slightly the quality of most of the mod's textures (more noticeable on clothes):

Before:
Eua2o.jpg

After:
STwxM.jpg

G_PUh.jpg

gpO0U.jpg

You should know by the time that he starts at the top  :razz:
Pretty sure the rest will follow.

Some place holders until Rgcotl has the time to make proper stuff:
u_IYk.png

Don't worry, it won't stay long.

Jarvisimo said:
I predict this mod to get much bigger once Rome II is released. :smile:
or much smaller due the fact ppl play rome2 for at least a month till it becames bored as every new total war game

prev_falcon_helm.png
2 century BC celtic helmet
triangles = 2914
textures = 2^10

Nice work with those hinges. :lol: Fine work as ever!

Especially intrigued I was by what was referred to as:
rgcotl said:
2nd century BC, Celtic falcon helmet

prev_falcon_helm.png

What would the falcon itself symbolize for this people, as to go so far as putting a metal bird on top of a helmet?
Were these then something worn by senior officers / standard bearers?

well hard to say what falcon symbolizes to celts in that time
but i know my country had some old songs (unknown how old it is) in with falcon is included as the main bird
my country is baltic actually but 2-3 century BC here is no info who might be living here

falcon as i know was a quite popular in the medieval times

but more or less i think it just one of the posibile animals who was used on the celtic helmets at that time

we have checked all our information and references we had and the real thing seems to be that at 3-2 century BC celts more used metalic constructions on the helmets (like animals, birds, horns)
and it is very less information about celts using horse hairs (in 2-4 century BC) or a crest on helmet top like greeks did it

mainly here is the main references i used of that helmet to make
07bd.jpg

the helmet will be used only by heavy cavalry
and some variation with falcon going to be included in a (probably) new celtic noble class  with is going to be something similar like romans had centurion class

Back
Top Bottom