Random Media v.4 (Comedy Optional, Interesting Optional)

How do you feel about Vraelomon?

• Long live The King.

Votes: 43 32.3%
  • I didn't vote for him.

Votes: 90 67.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Splintert said:
Because that's a very hard thing to do. It has absolutely no input whatsoever about where you elbow, knees, etc are, so having a wrong visualization would be potentially more disorienting than no visualization.
I don't think your second point is correct. Gorn just looks like a relatively low budget project.

bDjGP.jpg

Ruthven said:
Splintert said:
Because that's a very hard thing to do. It has absolutely no input whatsoever about where you elbow, knees, etc are, so having a wrong visualization would be potentially more disorienting than no visualization.
I don't think your second point is correct. Gorn just looks like a relatively low budget project.

Owning a headset and playing VR games somewhat occasionally leads me to believe that is the reasoning. Low budget or not, it's a tough problem to solve both technically and from a usability perspective. There are people who cannot handle wearing a VR headset at all without getting upset stomachs or whatever, I cannot imagine that having an inaccurate representation of limbs would do well for people who are just above the level of getting sick.

IIRC stuff like that has been shown to reduce... splatter where it shouldn't be.
Either prints like in the picture or like they do here during large tournaments little goals with a ball on a string. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom