Random generator for NPC's "Idea"

Users who are viewing this thread

my idea "everyone can die" Random Generator for Merchants,Elders,Guildmasters and for every static npc for npc Children a special Random generator with specific id from the parents for players Child "Character Creator xD" if King dies and has no Heir then the Lord with the highest influence takes his place and for Companions "TW makes 50-100 Companions and let only like 5 or 10 companions for every generation "then who plays for over 10 Generations like over 10000 hours or more xD" sry for band english :sad:

I think he's saying that along with lords dying, every npc should randomly generate an "heir".  In the case of kings without an heir, the lord with the highest influence would take the throne.  Companions should be premade, but metered out in quantities of 5-10 per generation then switch to a random generation after the 10th generation or so.

that depends on how TW will handle time for Bannerlord.

If a campaign lasts 1-3 years like in Warband, then it doesn't make much sense. Warband seasons/calendar/etc doesn't match our own world.

if a campaign lasts 10-30 years then you would have enough time for kids to grow up and replace their parents. You could see a merchant from day 1 become a old man at the end of the campaign. And so on.

if a campaign lasts 50+ years that would be a important feature for immersion.

According to Dev Blog 12, the yearly cycle in Bannerlord is going to last 12 weeks.  so the years will cycle through fairly quickly to make the life cycle a playable feature.

Kortze26 said:
According to Dev Blog 12, the yearly cycle in Bannerlord is going to last 12 weeks.  so the years will cycle through fairly quickly to make the life cycle a playable feature.

That's only 4.3 times faster if everything else is the same as warband (no guarantee obviously).

Take your longest Warband campaign, multiply by 4.3, then determine if a system like this is really going to see much use. Like, for me it would be maybe 25 years for my longest one that I remember. With most being shorter than that. Yeah you'd see some turnaround, and it would be nice to see the older npcs replaced by their children. And I could play as my kid for the last portion if I got married early enough. But I don't know if the scale really warrants it, for me anyway.

kraggrim ?️ said:
And I could play as my kid for the last portion if I got married early enough.

and if your character starts at age 40? 50? Remember that in Warband you can use the character creation sliders to change your age (even if its just cosmetic).

in that case you could already start a game with a wife+heir.

similar to CK2. You can choose your character age, which has influences in things like how many heirs you can have, stats bonuses/penalties, etc.

kalarhan said:
kraggrim ?️ said:

and if your character starts at age 40? 50? Remember that in Warband you can use the character creation sliders to change your age (even if its just cosmetic).

similar to CK2. You can choose your character age, which has influences in things like how many heirs you can have, stats bonuses/penalties, etc.
that would be really nice  :fruity:  :party:

kalarhan said:
kraggrim ?️ said:

Ok, so if you started old enough and played long enough you'd maybe see 2 generational changes.  With the first and last generation possibly not getting much playtime.

Like, it would be cool, I'd like it if it was a feature. But it seems like people are expecting ck2 style dynasties when the timescale doesn't really fit.

Maybe others play longer than I do though, or would treat it like a new-game+.  But I'm generally ready to try a brand new faction after 5 warband-years.

Edit: The info on timescale is 2 years old, and only concerns the number of weeks in a year. Maybe we'll get fresher and more complete information at some point.

kraggrim ?️ said:
Like, it would be cool, I'd like it if it was a feature. But it seems like people are expecting ck2 style dynasties when the timescale doesn't really fit.

that is the trick part. As we have little info on Bannerlord timescale, we don't know if they will continue using the arcade model from Warband where you can have several fights in a day/week, or if they will move to a more historical setting where you would only see combat a few times a year/decade.

so even if the year = 12 weeks, that doesn't mean a campaign will last 60 weeks or 500 weeks. It depends on how fast the world moves around you.

How long does it take to travel from city A to city B? 6 hours? 2 days? 1 week?

How long does it take to recruit and train a army? 1 week? 1 year?

How real time (minutes) is related to campaign time (weeks)? 1 minute = 1 day? 1 minute = 1 week?

For a cool reference see some historical battles on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx-dJoP9hFCBloY9qodykvw

And so on.

Back
Top Bottom