Resolved Random Crashes--No Mods

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.3
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Greatly enjoying 1.5.3; but last few days game is crashing 1-4 times per hour, randomly, usually on main map, often while just waiting with game paused. Before, crashes usually only occurred during 700+ man battles; or during siege assaults with ram+towers deployed. No mods, but using cheats & console (mainly to up player & companion stats; heal_party; give_units). Verified file integrity, turned off STEAM overlay...no effect.

Crash log shows a group of Granite errors...if that's significant.

Win 10 x64 Home
i9 3.7GHz.
RTX2080S using 456.38 patch (am reluctant to upgrade to newer 11/4/2020 beta patch)
32GB DDRR3 RAM

What can I do to fix this?

Hello, i have informed the devs about the issue. Thank you for reporting it in. Meanwhile, you might want to check out our crash checklist. Please let me know if any of the steps there help you.

Thanks! Checked your crash checklist, and either all steps are already resolved, or none apply to my case of random crashes.

Just uninstalled game--wiping everything but my game Saves, then reinstalled. No change. Game just crashed twice in a row during a siege battle. Hover, did add 3 mods (none of which affect combat). Uploaded crash log for 2nd crash.

2020-11-11_09.43.14_d86499f1b77e6659f8d0a0575f283670

I've played 5,956 hours of Warband, love it, love Bannerlord so far, and want to do my part to help it become a global smash hit!

Hello, please check if all your drivers are up to date. Is there a chance your computer going into sleep mode during the game? And please let me know if you can reproduce the issue on a new campaign after manually removing the mod files and verifying the integrity of the game files.

Getting the same crash. Log errors get spammed with granite errors and that files could be corrupted.

Graphine::Granite::Internal::Transcoder::Tick: The transcoded bitstream was invalid, this may indicate a corupted file or incompatible transcoder version.

Using 1.5.4. Tried verifying but it doesn't verify beta.

Game [no mods], Steam files all validated, runs for 1-2 hours without crashing only in Safe Mode. In regular mode with cheats enabled, it crashes within a few minutes:
2020-11-12_10.28.01_d86499f1b77e6659f8d0a0575f283670

Note: crash log includes roughly a dozen Granite Errors
E.g., "Granite Error in Graphine::Granite::Internal::Transcoder::Tick: The transcoded bitstream was invalid, this may indicate a corupted file or incompatible transcoder version."

What's the current workaround the Devs use to deal with Granite Errors?

Game [no mods], Steam files all validated, runs for 1-2 hours without crashing only in Safe Mode. In regular mode with cheats enabled, it crashes within a few minutes:
2020-11-12_10.28.01_d86499f1b77e6659f8d0a0575f283670

Note: crash log includes roughly a dozen Granite Errors
E.g., "Granite Error in Graphine::Granite::Internal::Transcoder::Tick: The transcoded bitstream was invalid, this may indicate a corupted file or incompatible transcoder version."

What's the current workaround the Devs use to deal with Granite Errors?

Guess this isn't uncommon, but no response yet.

This problem should be fixed with the released patches since you have reported this issue. Are you still experiencing this issue?

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as solved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

Back
Top Bottom