Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Anolytic said:
I just recently discovered, by reading about it in someone's comment somewhere, that you can go to bandit lairs and trade away loot. I have always played a chivalrous and honorable viking character, so I never discovered this. But I assume that there are some conditions that allow you to enter a bandit lair peacefully instead of as a hostile. So I wondered what these conditions were? Do you have to have a negative reputation, positive relations with the bandit faction, negative relations with the manhunters or maybe a combination of two or more factors. Is accessing bandit lairs to trade something I can enable myself to do even while still keeping my playing style mostly?
-10 reputation

Why, in some battles, can you control your ally's troops and others you cannot?

Is it based on who the "commanding Lord" is? Could have sworn it is just random for me even if I'm the marshal, the person starting the battle or not.

I have a question. Is there some way to speed up the training units and upgrading them, besides, of course, high traning skill of character or companions?

Phoenix308 said:
I have a question. Is there some way to speed up the training units and upgrading them, besides, of course, high training skill of character or companions?

I trust you have the Beginner training option selected?  If not, go to Camp > Options and adjust it.

Once you get high enough in levels, you can level up a couple of say, Saxon Companions/Spearmen to Warriors/Veterans per day.  (About level 26 I think)

I remember Brytenwalda having special battle abilities tied to keys. I know that traits are operated with the "T" key. Are there any other key combinations (ie shift+b, alt+h) that perform certain actions like a war cry?

How to get permission from the Formans to let your slaves work in the Quarrys?

If anyone can help me out with info on how to do this please let me know.

Edit- I am on Viking Conquest and i am a Lord currently.

i was making a bunch of new scenes since i didn't like the look of some castles, but i noticed half of the scene props usable in native had been removed or something, and there were only questionmarks left. is there a reason that they were removed? and is there a way to get them back?

Jesgard Gysson said:
i was making a bunch of new scenes since i didn't like the look of some castles, but i noticed half of the scene props usable in native had been removed or something, and there were only questionmarks left. is there a reason that they were removed? and is there a way to get them back?

They tried to replace pretty much everything for VC, so only a few Native assets are untouched (training staffs I think). I'd guess it was easier just to remove what wasn't being used to avoid accidentally placing them. If you ask the developer Adorno very nicely he might have a more nuanced reply though.

kraggrim said:
Jesgard Gysson said:

They tried to replace pretty much everything for VC, so only a few Native assets are untouched (training staffs I think). I'd guess it was easier just to remove what wasn't being used to avoid accidentally placing them. If you ask the developer Adorno very nicely he might have a more nuanced reply though.
well that sucks, is there a way to get them back?

I have a question:

How do I call my horse to me while in battle? I know it's possible I just have no idea how. Thankss?

What a great DLC! I am having a blast so far in Story mode.
I am having a couple of problems though.
1) I can't find an easy way to find towns. So far I have resorted to just scanning the map looking for the name of the town amongst the hundreds of towns. I must be missing something.
2) How do I keep the ships that I capture in a sea battle?
Thanks.

Elwood Hirsch said:
1) I can't find an easy way to find towns. So far I have resorted to just scanning the map looking for the name of the town amongst the hundreds of towns. I must be missing something.
Thanks.

1)Look it up in the locations part of the Notes section, they're in alphabetical order. There should be a 'show on map' button.
2)Improve your Sea-King skill. It maxes out at 4 for a total of 7 ships.

kraggrim said:
Elwood Hirsch said:
Thanks.

1)Look it up in the locations part of the Notes section, they're in alphabetical order. There should be a 'show on map' button.
2)Improve your Sea-King skill. It maxes out at 4 for a total of 7 ships.
That's the ticket! Thank you

Is there anything I can do to get the "Bear" height available for my character? (Like Uhtred the Saxon, Clovis and the berserkir)

Hello guys, when can i start creating my own kingdom during the story mode? or it is possible only after i finish the story and enter sandbox? I can conquer the cities in england but i do not have the option to take them. Related to  my story progress, i just  became a vassal of king Harrald of Denmark and  i have to bully the kingdom of Allan (first quest on England).

Skrimbag said:
Hello guys, when can i start creating my own kingdom during the story mode? or it is possible only after i finish the story and enter sandbox? I can conquer the cities in england but i do not have the option to take them. Related to  my story progress, i just  became a vassal of king Harrald of Denmark and  i have to bully the kingdom of Allan (first quest on England).

Story mod requires you to be a vassal until it ends. You can become a king/queen once the storyline ends and you continue in sandbox mode.

Back
Top Bottom