Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

ArnulfFloyd said:
Thanks again, kalarhan, for your kind reply

as a note: once you played the campaign (storyline) visit the modding section. You will find graphics overhauls, submods and tweaks to customize your experience.

I can play Viking Conquest on a mid-tech PC with 8 GB RAM memory, processor Intel i5-3470, GeForce GT 710 2 GB and Windows 10 installed?

ArnulfFloyd said:
I can play Viking Conquest on a mid-tech PC with 8 GB RAM memory, processor Intel i5-3470, GeForce GT 710 2 GB and Windows 10 installed?

should work fine, just remember that "can play" varies on your definition. FPS? Graphics settings? How many troops on a battle? You should experiment with the settings to find a combination that works well on your PC. Also remember to update drivers, etc, and to close other programs when running the game. For a PC, as you well know, the only way to really know is to test it. There are players with cards like GTX 970 having issues with old Warband. PC are not console, so you need to be careful how you build and use it  :grin:

you can visit Steam page for VC to see the min and recommended specs.

Thanks, kalarhan, I will try found perfect optimatization, I'm interested if is recommanded or not as I wish my character to be female even in first my playthrough in Viking Conquest, also I can purchase horse despite Anglo-Saxons have rare usage of horsemen in wars, shieldwall is so effective in battle and which is best armour, I am curious if turtling is possible in Viking Conquest because I am a true RTS player

A good day to all

ArnulfFloyd said:
is recommanded or not if I wish as my character to be female
Gender has pro and cons. Female cant marry (a example). If you are playing storyline that wont have a deep impact. Sandbox is your call. Do you want a strong warrior type, a diplomat type, etc? This is part of the RP aspect of the game, pick your poison and live with the consequences (good and bad).

can purchase horse
Yes, its a Mount and Blade game  :grin:. For immersion I prefer to fight on foot, but each player can do whatever they like.

shieldwall is so effective in battle
Depends on the commander (in this case, you)

which is best armour
Again, what is "best"? If you want to examine the game inventory then enable cheats and check the cheat inventory, see what is there, then decide which ones would you like to get. Quit game and disable cheats before playing again.

I am curious if turtling is possible in Viking Conquest?
? Are you talking about the Roman formation? Then nope. But as the game AI fires in a straight line, it wouldnt help on most ocassions. Shieldwall gives you plenty of protection from archers.

Thanks again, kalarhan, I not refer at testudo formation but at a "gameplay strategy that emphasizes heavy defense, with little or no offense. Ostensibly, turtling minimizes risk to the turtling player while baiting opponents to take risks in trying to overcome the defenses" I believe as this not functions in Viking Conquest, also game running better in windowed mode?

A good day

ArnulfFloyd said:
"gameplay strategy that emphasizes heavy defense, with little or no offense.
you can use the quick battle scenarios to try different strategies. Just remember the AI also uses a formations system, which includes being on the defensive in some cases (they will take a position and wait for you to attack, instead of charging) while on the campaign mode.

game running better in windowed mode?
It doesnt have any big impact (I often use windowed mode, as I have a 3-monitor setup)

Out of curiosity, is it possible to carry your ships with you or to send them back to a port rather then leaving them beached somewhere.

I'm assuming not but as I'm currently running between East Anglia and Ireland fairly regularly just wanted to check.

Cale said:
Out of curiosity, is it possible to carry your ships with you or to send them back to a port rather then leaving them beached somewhere.

nope, but you can have multiple fleets or use ferries. Remember you can put part of your army on a quarter (up to 2 bases/camps) to make crossing the sea easier (cheaper to ferry, less ships required if your own fleet)

off-topic: if you want to add a feature (send ships to port) then visit the modding section. You will need to learn how to do it yourself tho.

ArnulfFloyd said:
I can play with historical rulers as Alfred the Great or Harald Fairhair in Viking Conquest?

you create your own character, and on sandbox you can choose between adventurer/vassal lord/king. If you want to be Alfred, start as king of Wessex and name yourself Alfred, with the appropriate background choices and face. You can then go for the quest to become the Brytenwalda  :grin:

if any name is taken by the game you can always mod it out (visit the modding section).

ArnulfFloyd said:
I can playing Viking Conquest in borderless not fullscreen windowed mode?

use a third party solution to change size or to hide the borders (with black). To learn about that check google or Youtube.

TLDR: Warband doesnt have support for it.

ArnulfFloyd said:
Viking Conquest have historical accurated units such as Hirdsmen?

VC is historical based, but as you know, history of the period is not something 100% clear  :razz:, as many sources come from either modern studies or old sagas. The game also tries to be true to the mythos and religions of the time, but with a focus on what we consider "reality" today.

Anyway, hirdsmen is a 12th century term, not something from the 9th century, but you can consider elite soldiers (top tier) as the personal bodyguards of lords all around the factions. The game doesnt give companions to NPCs (immortal troops).

Anglo-Saxons and Vikings speaking Old English and old Norse in Viking Conquest?

P.S: I've discovered on new PC as players can using on-screen keyboard when playing in classic windowed mode but if you move mouse over borders both keyboard and mouse dissappears, only option is using borderless which get rid of borders and don't must alt+tab, also I recommanded 1024x768 resolution just in my case, I testing and playing all my games in borderless with this resolution with succes

tomoscar said:
Speed of wounded horse

you will need to be more specific on your tests, as speed can vary for many reasons. Also you can either create a new thread for this or visit the modding section, as this one is for vanilla only (see OP).

Cheers

kalarhan said:
tomoscar said:
Speed of wounded horse

you will need to be more specific on your tests, as speed can vary for many reasons. Also you can either create a new thread for this or visit the modding section, as this one is for vanilla only (see OP).

Cheers
Found out how to do it, and deleted my post before I saw your reply. Thanks anyway  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom