Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

So the only thing im laking is being a vassal.

Please read my last post, I had way more than 150 troops.

EDIT: I am considered a lord for this goal if I start my own faction?

Gogo said:
Please read my last post, I had way more than 150 troops.

I read your post, I opened your screenshot and I used that not-complete meter as a example on how to read the interface.

Remember this is a open thread so others players will also be reading and learning from the questions and answers.

Gogo said:
EDIT: I am considered a lord for this goal if I start my own faction?
must be a vassal. You can't be a mercenary or a king or a adventurer (solo)
If you conquer a castle you can always swear loyalty to another king, merging your nations and turning you in his vassal (you get to keep your territories this way)

Also remember that goals are a optional feature, a guideline. You can simple ignore this one and go to the "king goal" instead if you want to start your faction. No need to complete any (or all) of them.

You are supposed to use all my post to give me an answer, no only the half you choose.

Even more when that half, the screenshot, was only to show the requirements that I was asked in another post and not my current status on the goal.

Thanks for the answers.

Gogo said:
You are supposed to use all my post to give me an answer, no only the half you choose.

Even more when that half, the screenshot, was only to show the requirements that I was asked in another post and not my current status on the goal.

Insult people, that's always a great way to get FREE help...

Lets go back to the topic. This is the Internet, we need to take the good with the bad  :razz:

I am going to write a mini guide on Goals to add to the guides thread, so what else you guys have doubts about?

1) What is it about
2) Rewards for each goal
3) How to complete the goals
4) Can I cancel a goal at any time?
5) Can I pick any goal at any time?
6) do I need to do them in a order?
7) can I fail a goal?
8 ) can I do a goal twice?
9) Explain the metrics (troops, wealth, etc)

It will be short, just wondering if there is something else you guys are wondering about it

kalarhan said:
Lets go back to the topic. This is the Internet, we need to take the good with the bad  :razz:

I am going to write a mini guide on Goals to add to the guides thread, so what else you guys have doubts about?

1) What is it about
2) Rewards for each goal
7) can I fail a goal?

It will be short, just wondering if there is something else you guys are wondering about it
What are the rewards? :razz:

Hello!

I started my own faction at Dubh Linn. Now the first Lord defected to my faction and  his title was Hersir. He was debauched so i didnt take him. After that his title changed to Dryhten. So now i concluded that the title is linked to the kingdom. Can i change my kingdom from being viewed as norse? I want to go for the High King of Ireland quest and it would be annoying if my christian Lords with irish Armies would have norse titles.

Thank you in advance!

Jeyko said:
Hello!

I started my own faction at Dubh Linn. Now the first Lord defected to my faction and  his title was Hersir. He was debauched so i didnt take him. After that his title changed to Dryhten. So now i concluded that the title is linked to the kingdom. Can i change my kingdom from being viewed as norse? I want to go for the High King of Ireland quest and it would be annoying if my christian Lords with irish Armies would have norse titles.

Thank you in advance!

your faction follows your personal culture, which you choose when you create a new game (character). Old games may be "norse" by default, new games will follow this rule.

edit this slot for your faction: slot_faction_culture

Short answer: not ingame unless you tweak it or edit your savegame

Thank you for your quick answer. I took the foreigner cutlure btw.

I got another question: The father of a maiden i was looking for is pitiless and everytime i ask for his daughter he says no, because iam not part of his faction. The relation is 43 atm, does it help if i improve it more, or do i have no chance of convincing him beside making him join my faction?

Jeyko said:

I got another question: The father of a maiden i was looking for is pitiless and everytime i ask for his daughter he says no, because iam not part of his faction. The relation is 43 atm, does it help if i improve it more, or do i have no chance of convincing him beside making him join my faction?

when you mention a dialog please copy the exact quote, that way we can search it (instead of trying to figure out in 50,000 lines of text)  :smile:

Most likely you can't, as the decision tree follows the lord personality. You can: capture, torture and force him; talk directly to the girl; recruit him to your faction

Jeyko said:

I also have a question related to this. I have courted Ragnahild of Danmark and have about 60 relation with her. However, her brother is angry because I had been meeting her without his permission, so he won't give me his blessing, even if I pump my relation with him to 100. My character is a vassal on Danmark and his renown is about 600, right to rule 10. Is it possible he changes his mind if I get more powerful? It's probably vanilla WB mechanics, but I can't recall I've had this problem in other modules.

The exact answer when i ask for his daughter or the alliance dialogue is: You dont serve the kingdom of Mide, so I´d say no. One day we may be at war, and i prefer not to have to kill my in-laws, if at all possible.

Relation to father: 43
My renown: 1029
Right to rule: 79
Charisma: 15
Persuasion: 8(got 1 point by a book)

I guess i can convince the girl to elope, but i hoped to gain allies in the Kingdom of Mide(next to Dublin), get some of them to defect to me and then to take their lands. Does eloping only hurt the relations to the father or also to others?

Edit: I convinced the lady now to elope.... And i lost 5 relation with her father. I never had to do that before, but i thought it would have a bigger impact.

ThorsHammer said:
Gogo said:

Insult people, that's always a great way to get FREE help...

I insulted no one, dont try to create drama.

erennuman_mb said:
kalarhan said:

1) What is it about
2) Rewards for each goal
7) can I fail a goal?

What are the rewards? :razz:

err item #2 in the list  :razz:

Guide: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,339728.0.html

If anyone has another question on the subject I will update the guide...

Hello,

A quick question on troop controls, I am fairly sure this feature is specific to VC (and some mods I've played) but it could be a native feature, I apologise if that's the case.

Is there a way to prevent the targeting of enemy divisions when holding F1 to make your troops hold a position? It is annoying when I try to take cover inside of a small walled area such as a village or my Refuge and instead of holding at the place I want them, my troops attack the enemy because they are close by.

"x, hold position!"
"...and attack enemy x division!"

On the other hand this is very useful for having your sieldwall engage the enemy shield wall in the open field so I'd rather not disable it completely.

Cheers.

crazyjoe101 said:
Hello,

A quick question on troop controls, I am fairly sure this feature is specific to VC (and some mods I've played) but it could be a native feature, I apologise if that's the case.

Is there a way to prevent the targeting of enemy divisions when holding F1 to make your troops hold a position? It is annoying when I try to take cover inside of a small walled area such as a village or my Refuge and instead of holding at the place I want them, my troops attack the enemy because they are close by.

"x, hold position!"
"...and attack enemy x division!"

On the other hand this is very useful for having your sieldwall engage the enemy shield wall in the open field so I'd rather not disable it completely.

Cheers.

F2 F1 tells your guys to walk towards the enemy position. They won't break their formation.

Love mount and blade, finally got this DLC when it was on sale recently. im abut 100 Days in and im not playing story mode. I've yet to see any lord at sea! Does the ai ever venture out on Campaigns or raids? would be kinda boring if they didnt imo. Im an ally of norway/sweden and they're at war but they just hang out on their Island and no one ever attacks them. I guess it would make more sense to just ignore it and play on the big continent? Cheers

Back
Top Bottom