Quick Guide: Goals Feature

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
Goals Feature: how it works

This is a quick guide focused on the Goals Feature, which was created for VC Reforged Edition.

cartel16.jpg

1) What is it about
Created as a guideline for new players, it focus on teaching some basic mechanics for new players. Has no gameplay impact.
It is optional (you can ignore it and never choose a goal).
You can create your own goal (no rewards), or pick one of five (5) options (like become a King) with rewards (minor ones).

Few hours after you load a old game (or start a new one) you will see this message. You can choose a goal or ignore it:

A new world full of adventure awaits you!

If this is your first time playing
Viking Conquest Sandbox
then check out the SET A GOAL presentation
to learn more about the game
and to see what you can do next!

(Open Character Report, Statistics, Choose a Goal)

2) Rewards for each goal
- "Let me Choose": none
Custom goal completed: no special rewards!

- "Infamous Raider": some mercenaries troops
Raider goal completed: mercenary troops have joined you!

- "Famous Warrior": improved skill with one handed weapons
Warrior goal completed: your skill with a blade has improved!

- "Powerful Lord":
+10 relation with friendly lords of your faction
a special inventory item: cow. Every 3 days you have a chance of getting butter (food) for extra morale
a priest/gothi will join you. Talk to him and you can improve morale!

Lord goal completed: friendly lords of your faction are impressed with you,
a {reg0?gothi:priest} has joined your warband and
you have won a cow that will let our men make some delicious butter!

- "Strong King": book (skill bonus) and some horseman troops
King goal completed: mercenary troops have joined you and
you have won a special book

- "Stable Kingdom": special sword (Ulfberth Sword) and improved relation with friendly factions
Stable Kingdom goal completed:
friendly kingdoms are impressed with you and
you have won a rare sword!

3) How to complete the goals
You need to fulfil each metric requirements. Example: "Famous Warrior" requires 250 renown, so you need at least that much (250 or more).

Some goals allow you to change the metrics values. Choose your own difficulty, with no impact on rewards. Example: "Strong King" has a minimum of 50,000 pennings, but you can raise it up to 100,000.

"Powerful Lord" requires you to be a vassal (lord). You won't complete this being a mercenary or a king.
"Strong King" requires you to be a king.

Once everything is done you will get a "Congratulations" screen after a few ingame hours. You can also check your progress using the Character -> Statistics -> View Goal button

4) Can I cancel a goal at any time?
You can't "cancel" a goal, but you can choose a new one. You can use this to pick a new one, or edit the values of your current one.

5) Can I pick any goal at any time?
Yes, as long you fulfil the requirements. There is no limitation, penalty or bonus applied to when you choose a goal.

6) Do I need to do them in a order?
No. You are free to play the game as your own story progress.

7) Can I fail a goal?
No, but you can choose a new one at any time.

8 ) Can I do a goal twice?
"Let me choose" is repeatable. The other 5 options are one time deal.
But of course you can do a goal again in a new game (different character/campaign).

9) Explain the metrics (troops, wealth, etc)

You can see a ingame explanation for each one, just visit the "View Goal" screen: Character -> Statistics -> View Goal button. Each one has a small text on the right side of the screen, just scroll down.

They represent important gameplay concepts:
1) Renown
2) Reputation
3) Army size (current troops with you. The ones in garrison, refuge, etc won't count)
4) If you are married
5) Right to rule
6) Wealth
7) Title: adventurer, noble lord (vassal) or a king

kalarhan said:
Mshai said:
I don't know is this the right topic for what I'm about to write, but this needs to be changed:

I just completed my goal to become a powerful lord... and I got A COW for reward?! Is that supposed to be some kind of practical joke? I liked the reward where I got 30-ish or something points into my one handed skill... but this is no comment. Fix this guys.

the goal is a tool created for new players to help them understand the game and some features. Rewards are similar to what you get from quests, you won't get 100k from a goal. And they do increase as the goals increase.

Now lets clarify the "Lord" goal rewards:

1) You gain relation with friendly lords from your kindgom. +10 points with each lord.
2) You get a priest/gothi for your party. They are important to keep morale, and it is a way to teaching the players about them
3) You get a cow. This item is worth about 1.2k gold. And it gives free food (butter) every few days. It is a special item in the game that you can buy in farmsteads (not cheap), earn as a tournament reward or the goal reward. Also used to teach players about it

But I didn't have to tell you this, as the game adds this message:
"Lord goal completed: friendly lords of your faction are impressed with you, a {reg0?gothi:priest} has joined your warband and you have won a cow that will let our men make some delicious butter!"

Remember that the feature is for new players and optional. You can ignore it if you feel it has low value for you.

kalarhan said:
pezzza said:
How it works withe GOAL feature in story mode?
This feature is only for sandbox

kalarhan said:
TheBarbarian said:
Is there a point to goals in sandbox mode, or are they just a gimmick on the side? As in: once you reach them, does anything gameplay-wise happen?

if you are a new player they will help explain some mechanics of the game and how you can progress in some areas. For example: how can you become a strong lord in a faction, or become a king yourself. There are many values like "renown", "right to rule", why should you marry ... that a new player needs to learn about.

If you are a experienced WB player or a VC veteran you can think of them as minor quests that can be skipped unless you would like to earn the small reward.

TLDR: they were developed for new players, but are open for everyone in sandbox

StevieLee7132 said:
I was awarded a cow for meeting one of my goals; I always thought they were used to improve your refuge or villages.  But I have discovered by keeping it in my inventory the soldiers periodically milk it and make butter-- Free butter is good!  I wonder if I have many cows if they reproduce and I get dried meat.  :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom