Questions about religion affect on taxes from villages and some others

Users who are viewing this thread

Wulfburk

Grandmaster Knight
Hey guys got a few questions about the story line mode. Im playing for a while and some things are bodering me.

1) whenever i go to the center of a village that i own to talk to the local leader, he offers no quests to increase relations, now im stuck with a christian village as a pagan and its -8 (it was raided one time but even before it was already -3), so how do increase the relation?
  1.2) If a village/castle/etc dislikes me will they pay me taxes, because im not getting any taxes and i wonder if its because im not of the same religion

2) This was probably asked before but i coudnt find. My campaign settings regarding recruitment/troop upgrade/wages are all set to begginer level but i still have to pay to recruit, theres some villages that i cant recruit, troop upgrade is still very slow and im not sure about the wages but they seem rather expensive too.

3) Regarding battle formations, why when i say to the AI to hold position where i am, they always go quite a while to the left of the spot, and not exactly where i meant, like in Native, any way to go back to native? It was much more simple.

3) Any way to reduce party size penalty on morale?

Wulfburk said:
Hey guys got a few questions about the story line mode. Im playing for a while and some things are bodering me.

1) whenever i go to the center of a village that i own to talk to the local leader, he offers no quests to increase relations, now im stuck with a christian village as a pagan and its -8 (it was raided one time but even before it was already -3), so how do increase the relation?
  1.2) If a village/castle/etc dislikes me will they pay me taxes, because im not getting any taxes and i wonder if its because im not of the same religion

2) This was probably asked before but i coudnt find. My campaign settings regarding recruitment/troop upgrade/wages are all set to begginer level but i still have to pay to recruit, theres some villages that i cant recruit, troop upgrade is still very slow and im not sure about the wages but they seem rather expensive too.

3) Regarding battle formations, why when i say to the AI to hold position where i am, they always go quite a while to the left of the spot, and not exactly where i meant, like in Native, any way to go back to native? It was much more simple.

3) Any way to reduce party size penalty on morale?
1) It could be that you have spent that village quests. Try going to another, ask for a job, don´t take it and then try yours again. Or wait an in-game week.
1.2) Taxes are unreliable. Some weeks you´ll get none, and the next you´ll all that you are owed. It´s designed that way.

2) Regarding troop training, all I can say is that it gets better as you level up yourself. Have patience and if you need tier 3 troops badly, build yourself a Refuge, improve it and hire a trainer.

3) It´s designed like that. If you want troops to take your character as their center hold F1 and put the flag right on top of your character.

4) If you mean in-game, yes. Increase both your and your companions´ leadership. Unlike Native or any other mod, here it is a party skill and also stacks.
If you mean by modding, I have no idea.

About the taxes i have problems as well,i received a Christian village that paid me normally for about 3 weeks, then stoped payments for more than 6 weeks without being raided on that time, only thing that changed when they stop payments was the temple of Odin i ordered. My relation with then is 14 due to quests and the village is very rich. There must be some kind of bug about this since i saw lots of people talking about in fóruns.
I also want to know if the village converts to pagan after some time.
About party morale keep an eye for Christian troops, the more you have worse for you.
Laizenbh said:
sorry about my english

if the village is infested by bandits you'll get nothing (it sets all rents to 0).

No bandits as well,i visit the village often to recruit. I'm hated by the christians but the village is safe and fully upgraded

After 8 weeks i've decide to stay a entire week waiting in my village,now they finally paid me,but only 500(low taxes) not the huge amount of all the other weeks, the village wasnt raided a single time.
Anyone can tell me if the temple of Odin can convert the village to pagan and how long it takes?

Anyone can tell me if the temple of Odin can convert the village to pagan and how long it takes?

it may but the speed of conversion depends on other factors, like religious composition, your relations with the place. Once you get more than 80% of population to be of your religion, there is a chance the village would convert.

it may but the speed of conversion depends on other factors, like religious composition, your relations with the place. Once you get more than 80% of population to be of your religion, there is a chance the village would convert.

Is that how a place becomes "a bastion of your faith" in the info section?
I've done that in every village/castle/town. Does it speed relationship gain?
For example:
1 get village
2 low taxes
3 build church
4 ignore vilage (so no silly random events).

place reaches 60 rel. cap on "auto-pilot."

Religion is sort of one-sided as it is bent towards Christianity

1. every village within a certain radius of a monastery may get a boost toward Christianity
2. random effects can move religious composition either way, but the higher the "right" composition, the more likely it is that you get an improvement
3. monastery/temple can have either positive or negative effect depending on religious composition
4. Villages can be "force-converted" (not guaranteed), that is if you have certain skills and some luck, you can push the process in the certain direction a bit easier.
5. Monasteries/Temples can be destroyed

Overall, the idea is not to make an easy and smooth process, because it's never been. It' s easier to start converting villages with higher composition (majority or above) and have great relations because they would suffer otherwise.

Overall, IMO (as a student of Church history) the game does a decent job of integrating 9th century Christianity. Due to illiteracy of the populous, the scarcity of printed bibles, and language barriers, Christianity often was more superstition than truth.
I particularly enjoyed the random event about holy relics! Cudos!

JuJu70 said:

1. every village within a certain radius of a monastery may get a boost toward Christianity
2. random effects can move religious composition either way, but the higher the "right" composition, the more likely it is that you get an improvement
3. monastery/temple can have either positive or negative effect depending on religious composition
4. Villages can be "force-converted" (not guaranteed), that is if you have certain skills and some luck, you can push the process in the certain direction a bit easier.
5. Monasteries/Temples can be destroyed

Overall, the idea is not to make an easy and smooth process, because it's never been. It' s easier to start converting villages with higher composition (majority or above) and have great relations because they would suffer otherwise.
You mean pillaged right? They cant be destroyed forever.
Can you be more specific about the skills you need to improve chances of conversion?

To attempt you need

1. have 10 or more priests in your party
2. relations with respective religion 40+
3. have a party of 100+ men

The success depends on a complex combination of

1. your intelligence, charisma and power strike
2. religious composition of the village
3. your relations with the village
4. your personality traits

Hi. First off I want to apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong topic as this is my first use of this forum. I have a question and I'll try to make it short. I found it extremely frustrating that i can't attempt a forced conversion on my own villages. So my question is, is there a way to tweak the game and add the "Take an action" option to your own villages so that you could attempt such a forced conversion? To me, at least, it seems reasonable that you should be able to have that option, as one would think I'm more interested in trying to convert my own fiefs rather than random villages across the land.

I'm not complaining or anything, I actually find the difficulty of conversion rather enjoyable, but after hours of searching for conversion methods, finding this topic, getting my relations up with the pagans to 40+, gathering 100 men, recruiting 10 gothi and then very confidently going to my village to convert the heretics and find that the option wasn't available... Well, it was very frustrating... I actually registered on this forum specifically to ask this question.  :lol:

Estebanus said:
Hi. First off I want to apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong topic as this is my first use of this forum. I have a question and I'll try to make it short. I found it extremely frustrating that i can't attempt a forced conversion on my own villages. So my question is, is there a way to tweak the game and add the "Take an action" option to your own villages so that you could attempt such a forced conversion? To me, at least, it seems reasonable that you should be able to have that option, as one would think I'm more interested in trying to convert my own fiefs rather than random villages across the land.

I'm not complaining or anything, I actually find the difficulty of conversion rather enjoyable, but after hours of searching for conversion methods, finding this topic, getting my relations up with the pagans to 40+, gathering 100 men, recruiting 10 gothi and then very confidently going to my village to convert the heretics and find that the option wasn't available... Well, it was very frustrating... I actually registered on this forum specifically to ask this question.  :lol:
You can try to force convert any village. Did you read the requirements?

To attempt you need

1. have 10 or more priests in your party
2. relations with respective religion 40+
3. have a party of 100+ men

Yes, I carefully read and met all the requirements. When I go to villages owned by me I cannot find any option for conversion, but when I go to other villages that option is available through the "Take an action" menu. I am also king of my own faction and martial (if that has anything to do with it). Thank you for answering!

Estebanus said:
Yes, I carefully read and met all the requirements. When I go to villages owned by me I cannot find any option for conversion, but when I go to other villages that option is available through the "Take an action" menu. I am also king of my own faction and martial (if that has anything to do with it). Thank you for answering!

upload your savegame and post it here

Estebanus said:

To convert you village you can build a church  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom