WB Coding Python not working for Module System

Users who are viewing this thread

CutContent

Knight
M&B
I have in my enviroment variables the path set to where Python is "C:\Python-2.6.7" But when I run MS i get a string of errors saying 'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

CutContent

Knight
M&B
Windows 8.1

Everything was working fine until I changed the path from ";C:\Python27 " to "C:\Python27" and now when I go back to ";C:\Python27 " it doesn't work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eärendil Ardamírë

Subforum Moderator
WBWF&SM&B
Sorry, somehow missread that part. Have a restart at your laptop and check for it again. If it still doesn't work, you might have to deinstall and reinstall it anew.
Why did you change it anyway when it was working already?

Upvote 0

CutContent

Knight
M&B
I couldn't compile skyboxes or flora kinds from the flora and skyboxs py in the Warband MS and thought there must be a problem with it having a semi colon at the start because everyone else' doesnt have it so I changed it, now nothing works.

Upvote 0
As someone who has a lot of different environments going, installing new ones will sometimes mess with my older ones. This is my Path section of my System Variables. It's a monster, but maybe it'll help you to see how someone else organizes theirs.

C:\Python27\;C:\Python27\Scripts;C:\Python38\Scripts\;C:\Python38\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\MinGW\MSYS\1.0\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\GtkSharp\2.12\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA NvDLISR;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin;

I recently added Python 3.8 for app development and it broke my MS, so I moved the older Pythons to the beginning so they are loaded before the newer ones and it fixed the compiling issue. There is also both C:\Python27\ and C:\Python27\Scripts;. I dunno if that's actually an important factor, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Upvote 0
Top Bottom