Python not working for Module System

Users who are viewing this thread

I have in my enviroment variables the path set to where Python is "C:\Python-2.6.7" But when I run MS i get a string of errors saying 'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Windows 8.1

Everything was working fine until I changed the path from ";C:\Python27 " to "C:\Python27" and now when I go back to ";C:\Python27 " it doesn't work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I couldn't compile skyboxes or flora kinds from the flora and skyboxs py in the Warband MS and thought there must be a problem with it having a semi colon at the start because everyone else' doesnt have it so I changed it, now nothing works.

Upvote 0
As someone who has a lot of different environments going, installing new ones will sometimes mess with my older ones. This is my Path section of my System Variables. It's a monster, but maybe it'll help you to see how someone else organizes theirs.

C:\Python27\;C:\Python27\Scripts;C:\Python38\Scripts\;C:\Python38\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\MinGW\MSYS\1.0\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\GtkSharp\2.12\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA NvDLISR;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin;

I recently added Python 3.8 for app development and it broke my MS, so I moved the older Pythons to the beginning so they are loaded before the newer ones and it fixed the compiling issue. There is also both C:\Python27\ and C:\Python27\Scripts;. I dunno if that's actually an important factor, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom