Prosperity obliterating food reserves

Users who are viewing this thread

ghengisjones

Recruit
The more my settlement's prosperity rises, the higher the food consumption. Every day that my prosperity rises, the toll on my food gets even larger. I am not sure if this is a bug or some sort of feature, but every town or castle I have attacked has 0 food reserves and I imagine the other kingdoms are suffering from the same problem. Anyone else experiencing this?
Screenshots:

I seem to have the same Issue, my town food stores were at 100, because my town was poor. But now it's starting to go down fast (6 per day) and I have NO idea how to stop it...

I got the same thing. Joined an army and everytime we attacked a castle or city it had no food reserves

I think this is intended as it serves a purpose as a soft cap on prosperity. And the only thing you lose when your food reserves are down is prosperity. I think it makes sense, that prosperity can't grow infinitely.

I think this is intended as it serves a purpose as a soft cap on prosperity. And the only thing you lose when your food reserves are down is prosperity. I think it makes sense, that prosperity can't grow infinitely.
I was thinking this as well but my town has less than 3.5k prosperity and it says that the town is going through hard times. If the cap on prosperity is is around this number, then why would so many of the other towns have much higher prosperity and why would all the castles and towns have 0 food reserves when I attack them? I think that maybe if it is intended then it might just simply be unbalanced as **** and doesn't allow you to have a town that is more prosperous than "going through hard times".

I seem to have the same Issue, my town food stores were at 100, because my town was poor. But now it's starting to go down fast (6 per day) and I have NO idea how to stop it...
Exact same thing happened to my castle and the only way to stop it was to literally remove my entire garrison. I have all the upgrades on my castle as well so food should not be an issue.

Yoi have to buy food from other towns and sell it to the towns trader
A prosperous town means a busy town thats wealthy and full of new comers so they demand more food for the higher population
I think it’s a good idea but pretty poor execution because it means you have to have a tiny garrison on a huge town and constantly need to trade food into the town or get loads of caravans moving in and trading

I have the same issue.

food.png

Incorrect. After you begin to starve the militia begin to suffer attrition, with no way to stop it.
Also, the garrison troops you have there begin to suffer attrition so you loose troops for no reason.

The point, I think is a logical one, of stock piles is that they are built and nottapped UNLESS there is an emergency like a siege. Those food stockpiles shouldn't be your every day market wares.
So I don't think the prosperity penalty should apply unless there is a siege, OR if the nearby villages are raided.

I posted a possible solution somewhere else:

Towns should have 2 food stockpiles.
1 for during sieges only <-- This is the one that when depleted, starts having a negative effect on your garrisonned troops.
1 that is the cities reserve. <-- This is the one that when depleted has a negative effect on prosperity, militia etc. But NO effect on your garrison.
The possible max food stock should also be increased, as this increases the possible buffer for a few bad economical days a town can take.

Its not normal for a town to only have food stocks for a few days. They should have stocks for months.

Also before winter, towns should start building up an extra stockpile, because production seems to go down during the winter.

Back
Top Bottom