Prophesy of Pendor Dev Update Board (UPDATED 12/08/15)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah_Zhou said:
Looks amazing :grin: especially the Valdis waraxe, giving me a reason to take the waraxe other than ocd
A side note though, the handle of the rune weapons look a bit slippery with its metallic sides.
Also, I feel that the ancient angraved shield sould have some tarnish or rust or something. Maybe I'm just nitpicking :roll:
Keep up the good work! :eek:

Good Knights who wield such a powerful item take care of their things, hopefully!

A SINGLE PLAYER TOTAL CONVERSION WARBAND MOD
Download Links for Full Download and for Patch 3.51 to 3.61 OR Patch 3.6 to 3.61 and Hotfix 3.61 to 3.611 (SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE) on Nexus:
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3710/?

Wait... the rune 2h was supposed to have runes on the blade? I wish my game showed that kind of detail on max settings... they just look like generic flamberge with slight coloration on the handle for me... Also, I can't really say I'm a big fan of the image for the new rune weapons... that hilt and crossbar.... just doesn't look right to me...

I presume the Ancient Engraved Shield and Empire Immortal Shield is not 100% complete? Still looks like a toy shield than a real shield to me so I hope the release version will be much better-looking :grin:

I read there's no plan to update Noldor stuff.  Please at least update the Noldor Enchanted Shield! It's one of the best shields in game but sadly, one of the lowest resolutions.  I probably look at this low-res shield on my character's back 8 hours a day, day after day.

Jaerith said:
I presume the Ancient Engraved Shield and Empire Immortal Shield is not 100% complete? Still looks like a toy shield than a real shield to me so I hope the release version will be much better-looking :grin:

I didn't have the shader's on in brf so there was no reflecting light source on the object, but to get an idea of what it can look like in the games settings here is an example:

shields2.jpg

I still consider the old version superior. It has some spiff the new one is missing. It looks almost too nice and new for an ancient engraved shield.

noosers said:
I still consider the old version superior. It has some spiff the new one is missing. It looks almost too nice and new for an ancient engraved shield.

It's not superior, you're just used to it. The texture is literally blurry up close and most of the items in game don't have any age-defining texture to show their long history until now, where there's the Dread Legion armor that has been rusted and beaten to oblivion.

Indeed. And i usually haven´t gotten the time to appreciate high textures closely because I´m busy killing stuff or avoiding beeing killed. And an ancient engraved shield should look worn out and blurried, because sharp details and bright colors tend to tarnish and diminish over the ages or with heavy use.

Just as I´m liking the proud eagle on the empire immortal shield. It´s the one always going to Sigismund Sinclair because it´s awesome looking, MM.

Once I get my laptop revitalised and a dead Windows Vista replaced by Windows 10 I´ll add half a metric ton worth of bricks and mustard at the devpage.  :fruity:

noosers said:
Indeed. And i usually haven´t gotten the time to appreciate high textures closely because I´m busy killing stuff or avoiding beeing killed. And an ancient engraved shield should look worn out and blurried, because sharp details and bright colors tend to tarnish and diminish over the ages or with heavy use.

Just as I´m liking the proud eagle on the empire immortal shield. It´s the one always going to Sigismund Sinclair because it´s awesome looking, MM.

Once I get my laptop revitalised and a dead Windows Vista replaced by Windows 10 I´ll add half a metric ton worth of bricks and mustard at the devpage.  :fruity:

Well k0nr@d has been paying attention to the feedback and is tweaking some of the items. For example, there's complaints about the handle of the Rune Swords, so he told us that he changed it to a more conventional ones.

You're right on the ancient shield, it does look new, but people also want aesthetically pleasing items to use, which something being torn-worn may not appeal. I'll have to decide either to keep it as it is now or to let him and I to agree that it needs a more tarnished look.

Epicrules said:
Personally I think the new version of it looks great, and it's been quite possibly my favorite shield in the game for many years.

"The Ancient Engraved shield resonates of Pendor's historic past. These noble shields have spread through generations of warriors and have stood the test of time's tarnish. While philosophers of Poinsbruk argue as to why the shield retains no weathering, cracks or scratches, the shield performs it's duty against Pendor's past enemies; the ancient relic defends its worthy wielder in the thick of the fray."

-Batorius, Raven Spear Philospoher and Knight

Woah, who put this lore here?

MitchyMatt said:
Jaerith said:

I didn't have the shader's on in brf so there was no reflecting light source on the object, but to get an idea of what it can look like in the games settings here is an example:

shields2.jpg

Much aprreciated though I had hoped that you would post the Empire Immortal Shield in game settings too but I got the idea :wink:

Maybe show them in action i.e. screenshot? :grin:

MitchyMatt said:
"The Ancient Engraved shield resonates of Pendor's historic past. These noble shields have spread through generations of warriors and have stood the test of time's tarnish. While philosophers of Poinsbruk argue as to why the shield retains no weathering, cracks or scratches, the shield performs it's duty against Pendor's past enemies; the ancient relic defends its worthy wielder in the thick of the fray."

-Batorius, Raven Spear Philospoher and Knight

Woah, who put this lore here?

I can't really feel the history of pendor resonating from two winged horses and a chalice looking thingy. So could any one explain it to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom