+Previous+ UPDATE: Please excuse our mess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke_Kenneth

Sergeant
We are currently in the middle of a major topic reshuffle and board organization. Some information will be confusing, mislabeled, or inaccessible during this time. Our apologies for the hassle.

- ROCK Dev Team

An update, confirmed by Kenneth:

As the term "Highborn" has shown to be problematic due to its various associated connotations it will no longer be used.  "Highborn" will be replaced with Notable to better reflect the role of the distinction.  Any usage of "Highborn" in currently publicized material will be edited to reflect  the change.

Rules and Regs are in the process of being updated.

Pre-registration closed.

Formal Registration deadline extended by three days. (2 weeks from today)

Custom Map submission is now live.

Apologies for being MIA recently, I am back now.

Updated Schedule:

8-29-11: Formal Registration Ended, Custom Scene Submission Ended

9-1-11: Campaign Map Published

9-3-11: Launch Event hosted by Campaign Admins

9-5-11: First Orders Due

9-5-11 -> 9-19-11: Tutorial Period (No: sieges, claimants, perma-death, etc.)

9-19-11: Full Launch

Apologies for the delay in updating/ answering your questions and PM's. I am currently out of town on business but I will make sure to get to all of them when I return.

If you are concerned about meeting deadlines without answers to your questions, don't panic. As per this thread, we are going to be pushing all of the deadlines back to avoid the outside craziness that occurs during this time.

-Ken

Alright, I have returned... (Sorry for the title; they were playing LotR on the flight  :wink:)

I am getting settled in and will respond to all my PM's and update these threads over the next few days.

Here is my first pass though:
(Ignore any previous information in favor of the following; I have not yet been able to update the appropriate threads.)
  • Registration due on or before Sept. 12th. // All Character Factsheets for notables are due on or before the 14th. // Campaign Map published on the 19th. // First Turn Cycle begins the following week.
  • We have received formal registration from Clan Cameron, Court of Reveran, Guard of Istiniar, and the GK Rebels; I will be updating the thread with their info over the next few days.
  • Previously, a CM said that Khergits would be removed from rotation. This is not the case.
  • Clans are assigned a "Starting Modifier" during the registration process. This modifier indicates how much land, money, and army strength with which they begin the campaign. "+100" (the maximum) is double the baseline start. So far, each notable who registers provides +1, and each map submitted provides +2. More information on this paticular topic will be coming over the next few days.
  • ROCK will be looking to clans to provide servers for predetermined time slots. The server will be required to run a native-compatible modification, however this 'mod' will be tooled in such a way that it will not effect or even be visible in 'normal' native play. (Server pledges will also effect Starting Modifier.) This will be discussed later.
  • ROCK will be running a promo event before the launch of the campaign. It will be a mix between a Stratego Game and a Duel Tourney. It will be held on Sept. 10th on an eastern US server. Teams of 10; may mix&match clans. Only those who are registered as a freelancer, submitted their character factsheet, or are a lowborn in a formally registered clan by that date will be able to participate. Full details in a dedicated thread tomorrow. Winners will receive bonuses to their clan's Starting Modifier.

Alright, that's the big points. I'll be doing a major update over the next few days to all the threads.
Just one last thing: I am currently unable to play multiplayer...  :cry:
So... any help with that would be greatly appreciated.
  :grin:

All the best,
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom