Predictions for final release?

Users who are viewing this thread

Heh. The best thing about this LoD system is that... i didn't notice it. I hate the popping poorly implemented systems have.

Not noticing it doesn't necessarily mean it's not poorly implemented, as it may be too passive. I wouldn't say native's is poorly implemented, but it's certainly too passive, as there are tens of thousands of unnecessary polygons for larger battles, and that's when all items actually use lods. Many don't, helmets for example are often 500 triangles and most don't have lods, leg armour is 250-300 with no lods, some of the common armours don't have lods despite being 500+ triangles. If you play large battles, the lack of lods could mean an extra 100,000 triangles.

They should be. I ran some numbers with typical troop equipment and calculated that native could waste as many as 200,000 triangles for a 200 man battle.

Edit, about 100,000 of those were by not using lods for leg armour or most helmets.

Err, no. Notice how he's giving a solution to the problem (adding LOD to helms, leg armour and armour), not just stating "ZOMG! M&B LODS R SUXX0R" :razz:

Lt. of the tower said:
The Mercenary said:
I can't believe no one responded to my story. Anyways, I predict that my grades will drop from A+'s to mere A's. :lol:

Hehe I hear you. My year 12 final exams are coming up in a bit over a month  :mad:
Year 12?  Your in 12th grade or hav eyou spent 12 years in college?

Woosterscott said:
1. Do you think sieges will have been fixed? No Yes.
2. Do you believe that M&B will be a success? I highly doubt it. The reviewers don't go easy just because game developers are working part time and amateus. With glaring issues like the fact that you can't become king and font sizes that take up half the screen, I dbout it. Once again, it's sold well, and has good scores.
3. Will the graphics and animation be upto par? I think so although it'll still be last generation, mods will take care of it. The new graphics and animations are pretty great.
4. Will the game be all that you expected? I don't think so. I think the next sequel will be the game to watch for. It's actually slightly more than what I expected. I didn't expect all this new stuff in the short time they had. I say they did good.

Other predictions for the final release?????

So far it appears your predictions have been pretty spot off.

People who have been playing the game since it was a little baby will obviously continue to play it, and also some other people (hopefully a lot of them) will start to play, so I'm guessing the game will be fairly (don't expect too much) successful in both satisfaction and money departments  to encourage the dev team to make a sequel, or something else.

Back
Top Bottom