Praise and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

thats a good idea. make generals really hard to recruit, but once you have them you can tell them to make their own party and they become lords or something like that

olliewilliams01 said:
sweeeet, now i can buy rusty cracked muskets to give to my riflemen

That reminds me. When trying to arm machinegunners (8RA), for some reason they won't accept rusty ZB26s. Everything else goes, like a cracked ZB26, a balanced ZB26. Only the rusty one seems broken. Perhaps a bug? Or do they just have something against rust?

*slaps forehead*

I just realized while writing this: Why do my mechanics produce rusty weapons in the first place?  :???:
I mean, I'm paying those guys to build new weapons, aren't I?

Oh, and finally a sugestion of my own: Allow players to choose what kind of bullets their craftsmen/mechanics produce. It shouldn't be too unrealistic for the lord of the town to command his men to make magazines instead of regular bullets. You should probably have to pay a little extra for better bullets, but I think it'd be worth it. The reason I bring this up is because when I was producing ammunitions in hopes for getting magazines for my machinegunners, I would only get maybe 8 magazines for every 50 other bullet types. Incredibly frustrating and time consuming.

Lord Sami said:
I just realized while writing this: Why do my mechanics produce rusty weapons in the first place?  :???:
I mean, I'm paying those guys to build new weapons, aren't I?

Oh, and finally a sugestion of my own: Allow players to choose what kind of bullets their craftsmen/mechanics produce. It shouldn't be too unrealistic for the lord of the town to command his men to make magazines instead of regular bullets. You should probably have to pay a little extra for better bullets, but I think it'd be worth it. The reason I bring this up is because when I was producing ammunitions in hopes for getting magazines for my machinegunners, I would only get maybe 8 magazines for every 50 other bullet types. Incredibly frustrating and time consuming.
thanks
producing those rusty_zb26_machine_guns was a bug. those rusty ones were only for AI, they player shouldn't reach them. have fixed it.
about ordering magazines, I will add that function.

Probably the mod I've most enjoyed for M&B and I still am enjoying it. Genius.

Like the other post here on this thread I would like to see an assault troop that is armed with SMG's and if you want Carbines. It would then cost less to keep buying the rifles and the troop would be more useful for close ranged castle sieges. To help balance it with cavalry you would also have to supply grenades but the troop on the field would only have 1 or 2 grenades to stop them from being overpowered.

Kingdom management options plug again!
It'd be useful if you could order your general to automatically recruit a certain soldier type. This would require having your armoury upgraded to the right level. For example if you ordered him to train Riflemen the armoury would produce only Rifles and Ammunition. This would save having to come back to your village so often to change between Rifles and Ammunition.

I think it's better to put a date on the thread for the download, something like the mod list type, so people will know if there's any newer version or things like that.

Since immersion is rather important to me, I can't wait for the full names of people and settlements to be added in, as well as a new map. Seeing "not sure" and "Manchurian General 1" is kind of jarring for me, so I'm heartily looking forward to the next version. Kingdom management would also be great.

Personally, I think the body armor for some of the more historically organized Chinese factions should be upped to be equal with the Japanese. The weapon technology is understandable, but body armor seems like it'd make more sense if protection values were equal. I can understand wielding Japanese weapons for their superiority, but colonel and lieutenant uniforms, too? As of now, I end up wearing and equipping companions with Japanese uniforms, and it feels ridiculous.

Nouveauk said:
Personally, I think the body armor for some of the more historically organized Chinese factions should be upped to be equal with the Japanese. The weapon technology is understandable, but body armor seems like it'd make more sense if protection values were equal. I can understand wielding Japanese weapons for their superiority, but colonel and lieutenant uniforms, too? As of now, I end up wearing and equipping companions with Japanese uniforms, and it feels ridiculous.
japan had better equipments at that time, equipments don't only mean guns ammos, but also uniforms. The cloth many chinese warlords' equipment factory used was cheap and tinpot. as you also can see, many low level soldiers don't even have a uniform. it is that simple: the warlords can't afford that.
actually the body armors' defence from different factions have no big difference, the differences are normally only 2 or 3 points, it's almost nothing comparing to a bullet's damage.

WilliamBerne said:
japan had better equipments at that time, equipments don't only mean guns ammos, but also uniforms. The cloth many chinese warlords' equipment factory used was cheap and tinpot. as you also can see, many low level soldiers don't even have a uniform. it is that simple: the warlords can't afford that.
actually the body armors' defence from different factions have no big difference, the differences are normally only 2 or 3 points, it's almost nothing comparing to a bullet's damage.
And given that the bullets do pierce damage the difference is even less.

Edit: I just saw the OSP Modern Scene Props at the repository, will you be using these when you create your own maps?

no. I have checked its original topic, those things made me remember the old 3d game Duke.
maybe you don|t know what I have done before, check this:
WilliamBerne said:
a simple hause
2lylwl.jpg
lampcfo6.jpg

WilliamBerne said:
a restaurant from Shanghai Bund.

WilliamBerne said:
smallwallcollapse1jk7.jpg

smallwallcollapsemj6.jpg

view mesh 593 polies, collision mesh 351 polies.

and this
WilliamBerne said:

holy god, those castle pictures look amazing. are you doing something like that for like each castle on the map? cuz that would take a hell of a long time i'm guessing

Venitius said:
Would it be possible to make the Mortarmen "deploy" their weapons before firing and limit their range?
I don't think this is necessary.
1, I can't figure out any way to make them deploy their weapon before firing for now;
2, coehorn is not hard to handle at all, to reload a coehorn is not harder than a rifle;
3, their range have been hardly limited due to the retarded AI: coehorn or mortar should be fired at big elevations, lets say mostly over 60 degree. but those foolish AI troops won't consider any elevation bigger than 30 degree. the real coehorn's range was normally 300~400m, but in the game, it's only 50m.

ok i just made this suggestion in the wrong thread, my bad, but i thought i'd re-post it here. please dont rape me for being an idiot.

anyways praise first. crazy awesome mod. favorite one i've ever played.

now if i may make a suggestion, you know how you said pressing M gets medics to follow you? maybe you should make it the same with all other noncombatants, like radiomen and mechanics. then you could tell them to stay behind the lines. just a thought. And if you could give them an order also to stand ground that would be great to so you can still be in the thick of the fighting without worrying about your little entourage of weaklings

olliewilliams01 said:
ok i just made this suggestion in the wrong thread, my bad, but i thought i'd re-post it here. please dont rape me for being an idiot.
it's ok, I read all the posts, except that complaining about can't join japanese one.

the new formation system in my plan includes taking care of all kinds troops, combat and noncombat.

Back
Top Bottom